Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got my truck back

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THECRUSTYRAT, Jun 17, 2011.

1. THECRUSTYRAT

THECRUSTYRAT

Ok tried to post this and didnt go through. I had this truck and sold it to a guy in illinois, he then sold it to a couple in texas. I sold it to start another project, but missed it more than anything i have ever owned. I sold one of my cars and tried to get it back. This is where i found out he sold it to the couple in texas. He also told me they didnt want to sell it and offered me no contact info. I couldnt belive this was happening. So i traded and bought some other cars but this truck was always in the back of my head. One day i was on evilbay and there it was. I contacted and struck a deal. Now i have had people come up to me and call it a ***rod. I dont think it is but it is what it is. I dont care but i tell them it was not built off the clearance rack at a halloween or walmart store. It also wasnt built from my buddies left over exhaust and drunkin night at the track. Either was it is a 33 ford chassie and running gear. All original except the intake and carb. The cab is 34 with repo t tank. Go ahead and speek openly and if it is not hamb worthy mods will close it down. Anyway i am gathering parts for a 30-31 five window coupe and going to build it traditional going off all the builds on here so dont be suprised if i see something and email if i can use you idea.

pics of it when i went to get it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here i am with my hair hat loading it.
    [​IMG]

more to come in minute

2. Just Jones

Just Jones

Well, in my opinion it's very HAMB worthy, and certainly traditional. It's definitely not your "ordinary hot rod", but that's why I really like it.

And hell no, it's not a Rat Rod. Enjoy - glad you got it back.

- Jones

3. babaydoll

babaydoll
    from BD

I know how you must be feeling! Now you should know better than to sell cars that you don't really want to sell! Always go with what your heart tells you!

4. THECRUSTYRAT

THECRUSTYRAT

Here it is a week in half later and now got seat out going to do some simple distressed leather inserts. Ill post some pics of how i do it if you would like.
    [​IMG]

They did a crapy job of painting of motor so i thought i would strip it and maybe later go back and redo. At this point im just enjoying driveing it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thanks if it is not hamb worthy the mods will close it out. Fell free to speek out your comments. I dont get offended and could use a laugh today.
    THANKS
    HAMBERS

5. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Truck is cool but you could definitely loose that hat.

6. Hmmm, no skulls, red wheels, spiderwebs or crappy engineering.....
    I think it fits here nicely. I like it, but id paint it, and tidy it a little, which im sure your'll get to in good time. Congrats on getting it back.
    Not feeling the hair hat though, reminds me of the cat getting furballs. lol.

7. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

I have seen the truck in person, NICE truck, and NO it's NOT a R**ROD !!
    Just a nice old hot rod truck !!!! Glad you got it back man !!!!

8. Woody's Hot Rods

Woody's Hot Rods

Cool truck. Looks like fun.

9. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

That is EXACTLY the kind of hot rod I want.

sweet

10. there is a fine line sometimes between traditional and atray odray, like the fine line between cool biker dude and gay s/m freak, your truck in my opinion is not near the line. very cool i like the stance. glad you found it and got it back, it was meant to be

11. jbrittonjr

jbrittonjr

12. jbrittonjr

jbrittonjr

Might move the coil off the engine, though...

13. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

I think the truck is perfect to enjoy. And you know what-that was the goal of most of us way back when! A couple of years ago, i acquired a 30 A mordoor w/ running gear from an '85 ranger. Had no intention of buying it when i went to look at it, but it was body wise identical to my high school ride. But a deal was struck AND i have had a TERRIFIC time driving it. don't worry about dings, scratches etc, will cruise above speed limit all day while delivering 25+ mpg and my investment was less than 20k. at 69 1/2 don't need whiplash just fun. by the way if i acquire one of those "hair hats" will my scalp cover over?

14. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

It is not a RAT ROD it is a KOOL old street rod I like it except that I would probably relocate the horn. Just enjoy it the way you want it.:cool: Larry

15. Kinky6

Kinky6

Cool truck! :cool: I like the new gas tank you put in; the other one looked like something drug out of a plumber's scrap pile.

Just wondering, does your hat say "Wish you were hair" ? ;)

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

16. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

The truck is definitely not a rat rod. The hat... maybe. :D

Anyway, I like your attitude, and I'm glad you've prepared your soul to take a beating, but I have a feeling not too many folks are going to have a big problem with your truck.

17. THECRUSTYRAT

THECRUSTYRAT

Cool responses, i love the truck and my hair hat:D. I have read all post and want to thank you hambers for the laughs and ideas. Ill post some pics of me doing the seat on this post. A buddie owns an interior shop where i part timed at. He found enough distressed leather to do inserts with and best of all he gave it all to me. I bought a sewing machine 2 months ago and havent fired it up yet lol.

18. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Nice truck! I'd lose the Autozone gauges under the dash, and the hair hat.
    Everything else is the cat's ass!

Cool story too, don't sell it again!

19. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Well, if you hafta have a hair hat, make one with '80s hair band style.

20. I dig it...the hat not so much

21. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Life's a bitch when you realize you've sold something you never should have sold. Did that once myself. Glad you got it back...nice truck.

22. tuckpoint

tuckpoint
    from omaha,nebr

Real Steel.Good Job,Hows it drive?

23. badshifter

badshifter

Cool pickup, looks just right. I like the horn where it is as well. That's vintage build stuff. If you look at old pics, they didn't seem particularly concerned with trick brackets and tidy placement of stuff like horns, fuel blocks, coils etc. Sure some did, but it seems most didn't. Very cool you got it back.

24. olskool34

olskool34

I really dig the 30-31 model a wheels, and that is some nice rubber on the rear. Cool truck.

25. keep the hat, the gauges, and most of all... the truck. you might not get this lucky again.

26. Racrdad

Racrdad

Man that is one neat little truck. Simple, unrefined and off the hook cool!

27. Mercchev

Mercchev

Kool ass truck. Hat...Not So Much...

28. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

When you say cats ass are you talking about the hat?

Great little truck BTW. Nice rubber rake, no frills, dead nuts simple, fix it with duct tape and bailing wire type of hot rod. I like it!

29. tcb-1

tcb-1

1. ditch hat
    2. NEVER sell again
    3. kick those who call it a r**rod in the nuts
    4. roll that beast in style

30. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Your lucky you got it back, Don't ever sell it again.
    Still kicking my ass for selling my a coupe and thats been several years.