Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage K.K.O.A - Salina in July...Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Caddy-O, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Would love to be able to make it. Just don't know yet:(

2. tjmercury

tjmercury

Trying to get the '56 desoto" roadworthy" in time, guess we'll see. I guess if I can't get it to cooperate, I can always take the '48!

3. I reserved a room back in November. I expect it to be real hot so come prepared.

4. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Average is 70 for a low & 94 for a high, but the last couple of years have been over 100 for most of the weekend.

For those that are bringing families, there's a very cool and cheap water park across the street from the park where the show is held.

Last I talked to Calvin Calp, he'd still planned on having a party/open house at his shop at 325 N. Santa Fe after the drags on Friday night.

Looking forward to seeing all of you hoodlums come to town!

5. Sounds good Travis. I like Calvins shop, his projects and HIM, great guy! See you then...

6. I'll be there! I just sold the Edselero, so I'll either have a new ride or be looking for one!

7. Racewriter

Racewriter

Getting my '68 Mercury roadworthy, and planning on bringing it. If that falls thru, we'll just be spectating.

8. slammed

slammed

I'd like to attend. ^^Are them gold chainer'z goin'?^^

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Important KKOA Salina News !

I've talked Darryl into building a Tinted Bubble Top to cover the entire park & show car area, and Jerry is arranging for air conditioning installation as we speak...so that 100+ Degree heat won't bother us this year Gang !! :D

SeeYaThere !!

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

10. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

I sure hope I can make it out!

11. andrewt2

andrewt2
    from Topeka, KS

Wouldnt miss it, just picked up a 29 A roadster going to try and have it done for the show but if that falls through I'll still be there as a spectator.

12. sfeldma

sfeldma

I'm travelling all the way from Oregon to see the show. On the way, I'm picking up my Dad's '51 Chevy Coupe he had in high school. It's somewhere near Meade KS, and pretty rough shape since it's been sitting outside on his uncle's farm since the mid-'80s. Can't wait to see the show!

13. Cochino

Cochino

I'm going can't wait!!!!

14. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I'll be there. The Friday night drags are my favorite part of the show. You can burn your tires in front of a crowd without getting ticketed.

15. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

You asked is it going to be hot? HELL YEA it's going to be HOT,it is every year. We drank and shared with our buds a case of iced bottled water every day. The heat and humidity is tough to handle but well worth it just being there around all those kick ass
    customs and cool people. If this is your first time get ready for a good time.Let the good times rool!

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Kool! I never get tired looking at your Chevy, everytime I see it, it is like I
    hadn't seen it before. Your going to love the show.

The temp is a little warm but the show is held in a huge park with big shade trees. Your
    able to spend all day in the shade and with all of the kool stuff around you really don't
    notice the heat. Looking forward to seeing ya guys.

Happy Trails, Mick

17. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

Going to be a fun cruise from Texas to Kansas...bring your nut huggers, its gonna be HOT!

18. McPhail

McPhail

I like the Cochinos......... the weather will be nice for people from Houston......

19. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I do highly recommend hopping off of I35 & taking U.S.77 in the Turner Falls area of southern OK, although you will have some 20mph corners, it will break up the drive a bit. From Exit 42 to 51 at least.

20. NoSurf

NoSurf

I'll be there for sure.

Thursday evening we'll be hitting the waterpark.

Friday night after the stoplight drags some of us are planning on cruising west over to the newly re-opened Kanopolis Drive-In for a double feature. It's about a 45 minute drive on scenic Old US 40.

Also, Saturday after the show some of us will cruise east to Abilene to Kuntz's Drive-In for burgers and malts, then we'll hang out at my place and tell lies and fill Solobo's tranny with oil.

Can't wait!

21. Screenz

Screenz
    from Texas city

Ewwee weee that's gonna be a nice line up headed north!! I can't wait!!

22. TJratz

TJratz

Ill be there

23. For Sho!
    When you get back to 35, your at the fried pie shop.
    I never miss that stop, get sweets for the road.

Also lunch at "Ballard's Drive-in" right on 35 in Pauls Valiey, OK
    They have been serving since 1951.

Edsel wagon is in pieces so it looks like we will be rolling in the OTM, but won't miss it.

24. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I'll be there as far as I know. I'll be sleeping in my 1955 Travellite tiny travel trailer clone.

25. hartman601

hartman601
    from Tulsa, OK

We will be there IF: chrome shows up as promised, tranny shows up from rebuild as promised, upholstery is done, and wiring goes without a hiccup. Going to be close....

How far out realistically do you need to book a room and register?

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Salina is a busy town so I would book a room today. you can always cancel it. If you
    register before July 18 you will save $5. I hope the truck comes together see ya up
    there.

Happy Trails, Mick

27. Racewriter

Racewriter

Dunno - I will be. Hoping the plaques will be in hand by then so I can represent. And my Merc WILL have primer on it, and NO, it won't be finished.:D

28. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

Something like this, but with Highway Horror Tonys nasty 54 Ford leading the pack??!!

Attached Files:

29. Hi-Flying

Hi-Flying

I'll be going,It's a great event.

30. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Hell Ya I'll be there!!! Only live a couple of miles away...I might even have the new engine in my hot rod truck for the drags...if not I'll just run the little rat that's in it now...HEHEHE...SEE YA ALL THERE!!!