Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stolen car trailer in orange ca!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, Jun 15, 2011.

1. So got a email from Chris Unger that his two axle car trailer was stolen with all his swap meet stuff for the LA Roadster show including a complete chome v8 60 axle and wishbones and my 3 1/2 x 16 v8 60 5 on 5x5 1/2 wheel that was in bare steel that I had paid for ahead of time and was going to pick up at the show. Keep your eyes open in CA and at the LA Roadster show. Here the email that Chris sent me.

Hello, This morning I discovered during the night my trailer was stolen.. My LA Roadster trailer full of goodies. In the trailer was your wheel. I will refund your money. I will transfer the funds into paypal and pay immediately. Be sure and come by and get all the details. I did file a Police report and have that copy for your verification if needed. Sorry for any inconvenience. Chris Unger

I have chris number and you can pm me if you think you found it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Details on the trailer? Truck AND trailer?

3. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Bump, bump, bump!

This has got to be the only trailer headed AWAY from that area right now!

4. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Son of a bitch!!!!!!!!!! That's a block from my house!!!!!!!! WTF is up with theft lately?

5. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

That sucks, sorry to hear it. Chris always has good stuff and I'll bet the asshole who stole it wont even know what the shit is. I'll keep my eyes open. How about a list of stuff that was in the trailer?

6. Weasel

Weasel

Shit - Chris is a very knowledgeable guy and has some rare stuff. This sucks but we need a description, license tag and, if possible, photos of the trailer....

7. modelaman

modelaman
    from sunland ca

this is so sad, nothing will change untill we build more prisons and pack them in like sardines and make it a living hell instead of a country club life. I hope he will find his trailer with all contents still inside. I think someone posted before that we need to start painting the lic plate # or an idenity mark on the roof of trailers where they would not think to look and can be seen by helicopter

8. I do not have any more details as of yet but will try and get some. He did file a police report. He will be at the show with some cars.

9. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Put the word out to the scrap metal dealers in the areas around.

10. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

We will keep our eyes open in SoCal Diego as well... By some fat chance any old pics of the stuff stolen. I have a shop In San Diego and the street folks are always coming in with things that they try to peddle. Its very obvious they haven't collected this stuff! Hate Thieves!

11. Eyes & ears open here but need details, hoping they find everything soon.

12. carcrazyinc

carcrazyinc
    from Orange

It was a 30 ft black wells cargo trailer. It has some slight damage above the passenger fender. It had a silver box mounted on the tongue.

Other parts included 2 LaSalle sideshift transmissions, a black columbia rear end, a pair of 48 ford front fenders that had the headlights custom, a hood for a 48 ford, all primed yellow. Two ebay items you can still see in complete auctions, the 3 & 1/2 inch Kelsey Rim and a pair of Offie hotrod headlights. There were a few dozen blue rite-aid boxs that were full of parts. A stack of orange 19 inch ford rims. And much much more..

Dietrich
    (Chris Unger's son)

13. My shop is just a couple of blocks away. Will keep an eye open. Wish I would have seen this yesterday as I was looking at a black enclosed trailer in Orange, didn't think anything of it at the time, but will go back by there today.
    Don

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my buddy took the toungue off his trailer and welded on a piece of thick walled round tubing. then he took a smaller piece of tubing and welded the hitch part to that. it slides in and has pins to hold it together for towing. when not being towed there is no way for someone else to hook up and go, since the only thing up front is this tube with no way to hook it up.

15. Do you know the plate number on the trailer?

16. yardgoat

yardgoat

Like to see a pic of that set-up.

Also sorry for Chris loss.......tall tree +short rope =justice............YG

17. More prisons my ass, thats exactly what we dont need. bring them to Texas.

Hans

18. von zipper

von zipper

19. Muther F^&*KIN thieves

20. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

W.T.F. is going on !!!!!! We need to keep an eye out for anyone that looks out of place especially someone inquiring about are stuff when we advertise !!!

Lets keep an eye out for Chris

21. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

That SUCKS - I will keep an eye out in Oakland Bay area - Nor Cal. This is total BS, I know a lot of people work hard for the money they earn and spend on these parts/cars. Not all of us have deep pockets!
    It's sad to say that lo-jack is what is needed these days to help catch punks like this.
    To bad we cannot take matters into our own hands when we catch these low lifes. Jail is not the answer - can't steal too much when you only have one hand.

22. sololobo

sololobo

So friggin sad, but it will get worse before better. We talk about security here a lot, but we think it won't happen to us. Best of luck, hope al the helpful eyes out there spot this baby. Great idea modelman! ~sololobo~

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  23. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

wow this is bad

24. erlomd

erlomd

Eyes open in the phoenix/Scottsdale area.

25. :D NICE! A+ on that idea!

26. SpecialtyCars

SpecialtyCars

I'll keep my eyes peeled.....you'd be surprised by what people sometimes bring by my shop on bicycles to sell!

27. voodoo1

voodoo1

Seen something similar, but the whole A-Frame in front came off in one piece and bolts back on. Wasn't home made, but could be done easily. Mike

28. saw Chris at LARS today - I guess no word on the trailer, but he had a nice 5 window for a bunch of money for sale.

29. Can someone post pictures of the trailer.

Frenchy

30. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

I will keep a look out in the central valley. We got a lot of low lifes up here also. This has made me start loking at trailer locks. So far have only looked at the ones on ebay. Bouth trailers are 2 5/16 ball, car trailer and silver streak. Anyone have any experance with any of the store bought locks. thanks jim