Register now to get rid of these ads!

another shoebox lowering question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by msalamanca, Jun 14, 2011.

1. msalamanca

msalamanca

I am about to install my fatman lowering arms for the front. What spring and shock combo should I use? Pictures would be cool.
    I have searched but can't find what I am looking for.
    BTW I have no shocks or springs on it right now.
    For the rear a couple leafs and a 5" blocks are it. No shocks. I like how low it is right now, any suggestions on shocks?

Thanks guys

2. badshifter

badshifter

Go to the source. Ask Fatman. No pictures needed. Springs and shocks look like.......springs and shocks. For the rear, measure mount to mount at ride height, extended and compressed and check the monroe book.

3. msalamanca

msalamanca

4. msalamanca

msalamanca

I called fatman about this and the r & p. When I got the car the part where still in the box. Whoever I talked to at fatman wasn't very friedly

5. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

FIVE INCH BLOCKS????? Can you get your rear tires off???? I couldn't get my rear wheels off with only 3" lowering blocks........

Be careful on that........try to get a wheel off before you settle on those 5" blocks......

Just sayin'...........

CB

6. badshifter

badshifter

I deal with them often, and they are always friendly and more importantly helpful. Maybe you should try again.

7. I would say 5" blocks are too much. I have the stock springs in the rear with 3" blocks, and I have a hell of a time getting the rear tires off. As the front goes I'm just running the Areostar coils and Jamco 3" shorter shocks.

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

No shocks? Huh....glad ya won't be near me on the roads.

9. msalamanca

msalamanca

I hope not either, considering I would have to be pushing the car, balancing it on the rear wheels, since there is no engine and front wheels on it.

10. msalamanca

msalamanca

Thanks for the input on the 5" blocks. It's not so much the rear I am worried about yet (taking a section at a time). Right now I am tearing apart the front.

11. mitchsfab

mitchsfab

I have three sets of shoe box coils I can sell. Also if you are using Fatman dropped link pins you better make sure that you put the dropped steering arms on too. Jamco is a great source for shoe box suspension now.

12. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Scott are you running uncut Aerostar springs? I have the stock 51 springs cut down and am just wondering if the ride would be better with the Aerostars?

Joe