Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Pickers just picked my buddy! On tonight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29sportcoupe, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I watched the episode and enjoyed it. Didn't see your cars in the background, but I did notice a neat old Pontiac dealer sign I would have liked to have.

2. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

I recorded it and just finished watching, cant do commercials. I brought my daughter and dad to the filming a few months ago. Those guys were super nice, got to hang out and BS. Enjoyed reading everyone's posts, pros and cons. And no, my 61 Corvette drag car and 74 Harley X90 mini bike were not shown. I covered them up so they would be surprised but they never peeked around enough. The Vette was covered behind the funky thing that mike bought.

Obviously he shot them deals so that he could get his Bar and Grill in Maricopa on TV. Cant hurt. I would have bought some of those things at those prices but I can only offer money. He sold a bunch of other things that was not on the show. Even the crew bought stuff, they got 3 gas pumps I wanted. thats life.

The big star of the show was that Boss 302 Motor on the stand. Long story short Rand bought that motor two years ago at a garage sale, and I just bought the body a month ago when it resurfaced. A couple of weeks ago I reunited the motor and body that had not seen each other since 1999, Tonight I listed it on Fleabay. Gotta make a buck so I can buy the suspension parts for my 36 Chevy 5 window. cheers!

3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Old guys with Barns full of cool old shit are quickly becoming hip. They too have Cable TV or satellite. American Pickers "educates" the public. Soon, anything old will be "worth a small fortune".
    Then, like everything else, the media will hype/ruin it too. "Old tin signs, bikes and car parts in your garage worth thousands...story at 11:00".

4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wonder if Daniell's tats are real---or glue ons? In any case,tats on a woman is a turn off for me personally, but thats just cause I'm old school & times do change.
    Watched the show tonight, not bad! The old guy from Az. countered them pretty good!!

5. yeahm I have known them for awhile now-Frankie mostly over 20 yrs-have dealt with him and been to ABATE meetings,bike stuff-hang out on Friday nights at the Labor Day weekend swap meet at the Mississippi Valley Fairground Antique Motorcycle swapmeet- I have known Mike about 6yrs now-he lives in LeClaire -they just bought a farm in rural Scott county to store more stuff -run into Danielle at Barnes & Noble sometimes -was jst out to LeClaire again this weekend long line of people buyin t-shirts and keychains right up to closing time - I went over to Aunt Hatties and bought some cool PBR stuff and a couple of signs -that shop is just a block away
    they just had "American Pickers" weekend a week ago just off first exit on I-80 east side the hole town becomes a traffic jam and poor Frankie gets writers cramp for 11hrs of autographing.

6. her tats are real and that 34 grille is hanging up in their front window

7. delmisfernandez

delmisfernandez
    from tracy Ca,

try to buy a storage locker lately,all these showes are lame but we all watch them...maybe just maybe i meet a dude with as much cool shit as the old man with the gun on his hip that had his own movie theater....that guy was the shit...

8. hooty1

hooty1

Hey 29sportcoupe, are you selling the 74 Harley minibike? What kind of condition is it in? Does it run? If so, how much would you be asking? Thanks for your time. hooty1

9. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

My X-90 mini bike had 196 miles on it when I bought it over 10 years ago. My oldest daughter took it up to 246 miles before I moved it inside my house for storage(and display) (no- not married). The mini bike is mint condition, 100% original. Gonna keep it, found it sitting in a basement in Iowa from the Abate motorcycle monthly newsletter.

Rand and Jeanna are great people, known him since 83. He has been collecting for a long time, never on a computer. Old school. Has had a Vicky, 33 ford truck plus a ton more. Currently has a 49 Lincoln 2 door that is sitting near the Airstream on the show. Also has a 66 galaxy R code 427 he is restoring. Couple of stude bullet nose cars, old pontiac, 55 chevy pickup thats a left over 54 model, plus a bunch of other projects. He will sell his stuff but really never advertises. I recently drug a 1918 Willys rolling chassis home from his place as well as a 69 Camaro RS/SS Z10. If you live around Maricopa, Az. his Bar and Grill is a few miles south in a place halled Hidden Valley. Worth a stop.

10. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  11. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

X2 on the tats

12. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I watch just to see what they come up with. I understand that it's all a bullshit story so the prices and all the speculated resale prices don't bother me. It's all scripted with the drama all figured out before hand.

[​IMG]

But when the kid on restorations said what my air station was possibly worth restored, I thought about bringing it inside.:D It was NOS when I put it up there. They do do nice work though. It's a hell of a lot better than dancing with the stars.:D

13. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

We need more pic.

14. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

We need more pic. Daniell

15. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's all good kids. If you need to dump some stuff they've brought it to the mainstream for you. Now interest in the stuff will rise a bit and give you more $$$$ for hot rod parts. Be happy about it instead of being a hater. If I tire of restoration and car building I may do something similar to what they do. I always have, just not full time.

And yeah, I think Danielle is pretty good lookin too. I'm not wild about ink on girls but she's perfect for it. I dig the leopard tats around her neck/shoulders. Who's got the butter?

17. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

18. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

They look to take advantage of old farmers that don't know how much their old stuff is worth. Then they haggle with them and rape their treasures to resell at top dollar to rich a-holes.

fuck that show I hate them dudes.

19. kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

Doesn't bother me one bit!

20. i personally like the show... gives me ideas of what to look for when i'm doin' my own "pickin". plus it is better than most of he other garbage out there...

21. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

less pickers. more danielle.

22. el shad

el shad

AMEN! She is kinda a homely looking gal, but she does it for me!

23. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

I usually don't watch TV but I watched last night because of the old car theme. I think it was a good episode as far as "Pickers" goes. You can tell the owner is low drama so that kept everything in check. The last part was good where Danielle had all her tarted up Betty girlriends cleaning up the Airstream in period correct clothes. I think Danielle is cute becuase she isn't anorexic and her personality is not high brow.Bottom line is it's just another TV show.

24. :D:D:D...it's just a scripted TV show..lighten up....you are taking it way too serious :eek:..... No poor old farmers are being taken advantage of :rolleyes: You didn't say anything negative about Danielle...F*ck her too I guess :confused:

25. 73super

73super

Yeah X2.. Unless tastefully done and in small quanity.. But some dudes dig 'em and there's plenty to go around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.