Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Syracuse Nats 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly4008, Jun 8, 2011.

1. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

We are about 5 weeks out, and I haven't heard one word about the Round Up this year.

Through the grapevine I have heard that they lost both Dupont AND PPG as sponsors this year. I don't know if there is any truth to that, just what I hear.

I'll be there with my DeSoto. Hopefully a HAMB meet works out this year. :rolleyes:

2. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Nobody is going this year?

3. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I might be heading down to this. Me and my buddy were talking about it this week, just need to book everything. If we do go, I'll be in the 62 tbird

4. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

My good friends have been Right Coast Reps for years. There where just out in Syracuse two weeks ago for Right Coast Truck Show, turnout was very good. Yes , no major sponsor for Nationals at this time. All is well and it will be another Great Gathering. See You there.
    HAMB-Meet n Greet, Time & Location ?

5. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

I went a few years ago. It was an awesome show. Only problem would be convincing my wife to go back with me. She was a bit overwhelmed to say the least with the amount of people and cars. But who knows, maybe i will make a solo trip.

6. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

It's the best show on the East Coast, for sure! :) This year we joined the Street Rodder Road Tour, because it starts in Pottstown PA, and we'll travel with them to Syracuse.

7. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Definately a good time, especially the old school round up area.

Make sure to wear comfortable footwear and a hat.

8. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Ill be there. Not sure what I will be driving because the shoebox got wrecked. But might be in my 55 olds if I get off my lazzy ass and get it done.

9. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Car regestured, hotel room booked, just waiting for time to go. Missed the first one been going ever since, best show around.

10. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got our rooms and hoping to be all ready to go, if I can get the car ready in time. I sold the '55 Buick I originally registered for the show, so I'll be driving my new (to me) '36 3-window.

11. I'll be there. Welded this year in the Pinstripers building making money for Arties Charity,drop in and say hi to us and buy some artwork for your garages!

12. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am thinking about it not sure as of yet.

13. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO'S going. HELL, it's practically in my back yard.

See ya'all there.

VR&C.

14. Just got the form in the mail during the week. Last years was mailed in April. I'll be there, but I think I'm cutting back to just one swap spot, I didn't sell enough off of two to make it worth double the investment.

15. I will be there, hope to drive my 40, but if it's now ready, the old 34 will have to make the trip! Can't wait.

16. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

17. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Bill, I got my flyer in the mail back in March/April. They must not like you.

18. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Drag racing???? Damn it! I don't have a fast car anymore, better start building.

19. syracusegli

syracusegli
    from ny

20. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Months ago, we were talking about a Meet & Greet on Saturday at 1:00 in the afternoon. Last year there wasn't a banner, etc... so it was a very unorganized
    M&G. This year, we'll have to get a banner or something to make it easier to
    meet our fellow HAMBERs. It is good that the Old School Round Up is in the open
    air cattle bldg. I would suggest the picnic table area to the Left of the stage area and under the bldg. As we get closer, we can finalize the time and place.

VR&C.

21. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am trying to get the truck back together. Then I will bring it. Anyone need any art work I can bring some metal art. to the show. The Rat Fink has a new home so he won't be coming any longer.

22. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I'll be there in my 68 Riviera, wish I could have had my 48 coupe done but oh well there's always next year.

23. baremetal48

baremetal48

I will be there for sure!

24. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

I'm going this year.

25. Thinkiing about going if I can get off work that weekend.

26. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

only a few weeks out.

Does anyone know if there will be a metal class again this year?

27. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

No metal class this year. Gene has been very busy and not planning on doing a metal class.

Maybe next year.

VR&C.

28. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Crap! I was gonna sign up me and pops this year.

29. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

We are booked and will be camping in the infield as we have done for many years, look for the CANADIAN flag on the hitch of our 5th wheel trailer.

30. screwball

screwball

Will be down in the regular driver again this year a family trip to Calgary has sucked any extra car $$ away. Life