Register now to get rid of these ads!

I think the wife is getting into it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rivrat, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Rivrat

Rivrat
    from Dallas

My wife text me this picture this morning on her way to work. I'm looking at a 1950 chevy truck. She told me she liked that style. She didn't at first.

Attached Files:

2. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

Interesting exhaust routing. I hadn't seen that before.

3. Ruiner

Ruiner

They're called belly burner pipes...a kustom thing from the '50's and '60's...I always liked them pipes, on completed vehicles...otherwise it just looks too "hey, look at me" rat roddish...

4. Rivrat

Rivrat
    from Dallas

I like the Hasp lock as the door lock.

5. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

Damn just made a set of those pipes
    always liked them .
    there going off to the chrome shop this week

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Its good to have the wife's (or girlfriends) interest. The amount of time and money we put into our projects can be a real flash point in a relationship, been there, done that. Fortunately my wife likes old cars and tolerates my disease. When your wife starts buying you stuff for the project or takes enough interest to make suggestions you know you're good to go. My wife still occasionally talks about the racing the sailors in San Diego in my '56 F 100 with the 429 & 4 speed, and she never lost. :D

7. brad chevy

brad chevy

A pic of that truck has been on here before.Looks like your wife in behind you on the search.

8. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Lol my girlfriend sent me this the other day. She said she thought it was "cute" lol

Thanks,
    Skrach
    www.VividlyVintage.com

Attached Files:

9. Rivrat

Rivrat
    from Dallas

She better be behind me. she's getting into cars more and more. I let her pick something out and this is what she chose. It's he almost daily driver

Attached Files:

10. Saw a truck with exhaust like that, only they modified the bedrails to route the exhaust insider the rolled section...cool!

11. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I have always loved the look of belly burners too. It's great to have a wife that's interested.
    I almost jumped out of my skin when I was leaving for a swap meet and my wife handed me $5k and said "buy me a car if you see one I'd like!" So I bought her this little Valiant and best of all I came home with a bunch of cash to spare. She absolutely loves the car, and it turned out to be a great purchase. Gotta keep the ladies happy!!!

[​IMG]

12. Astrozombie, does it have the 273 with the cool little factory floor shift?

13. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I wish, it's a 3 speed on the column but cool nonetheless. :)

14. Rivrat

Rivrat
    from Dallas

That's awesome. There are some cool chicks out there and I'm glad I found one of them.

15. Awesome when you can actually (*gasp!*) have FUN with your WIFE!!! My wife and I have been married for over 27 years and when I met her I told her "I don't drink, I don't do drugs, smoke, or gamble. I like CARS, and if you can handle that, you have it made!" She has even pointed out old cars to me in people's back yards and hardly ever misses a cruise night or car show that I go to. I really think that it is "doing things together" that makes it work for us.

Of course I get to walk through the plants and flowers at Lowes and Home Depot with her and to dig the holes in the garden when she buys stuff too, so it has to go both ways to work really well!!!

16. she must be into it, she took a photo of a cool truck, while driving in traffic, and being tailgated.

17. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Just don't buy her a project, picked up a roadster project for the wife awhile back and now all I hear is "When are you going to finish on my car"..............LOL!!!!!!!!

18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I was married a coupla times, good lookers...but not car oriented. Both were $$$$ types.
    Got rid of them, swore "no more"...a new customer with a fuel problem happened to be a 22 year old intelligent gorgeous girl of 22. (too young for me, I was 35)
    We talked for about 6 hours, (really!) and she asked a question about some cars I was doing in the shop.
    She said, "I know those are 'hot rods', but tell me: Where did they come from? Were they special racing bodies or older passenger cars that were stripped down, and was there an unfinished line where the fenders came off?"
    I couldn't wait to show her...
    We were married soon after, she worked with me in the shop for years...she is a quick study, former trig major, careful mechanic, analytical; and never forgets a specification. Interested in all car things traditional, favors chopped '34 Coupes, but prefers '41 Willys Coupes, '60s Gasser style...
    She still looks young, and we do everything together.
    Last week, we finished the concrete for our new shop. (on our property behind the house) She had a mishap with the table saw, nearly lost 3 fingers...but got them sewed up and two days later we were laying the perimeter framework for the walls!
    She is like an extension of myself, (only still younger and still pretty) and still passionate about hot rods...that's why we're building the shop.
    When I remember the ex-wives and think if they were here...I shudder.
    Some of our friends are also married. (not quite as married as we are, so we pray for them)

19. smarg

smarg

AND!.. The picture is in focus! :D:rolleyes:

20. outlaw256

outlaw256

been married to my little bride for 33yrs.if you got a lady that is into the same things as you are or at least shows interest, hang on to her with both hands.my lady is total opposite of me.shes a buisness woman dress like a exec(which she is i quess)averages about 250 miles aday in her carto check out her stores works about 12 to 14 hrs aday.me im long haired bearded and at times a big asshole. but we stay together. shes supported me with my bike builds hotrods and just about anything i do or did.she goes to the bike runs with us and the 2 day car shows or runs.shen has her own harley bobber and we are building a 67 impala for her now.glad to see your wife is gettin it lol boy that sounds kinda kinky dont it lol. the more i draw my wife into the cars and bikes the more bike and car things i get for christmas and birthdays gotta love that.

21. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

22. mspurgeon

mspurgeon

When you have a woman that likes the same things it is great. Been married before well those crash and burned. My wife and I cel;ebrated our 7th anniversary this week end and we do a lot together. We have back backed, camped go kayaking and a few time I thought about saling my build do to a few bills she told me NO!! You have wanted a car to build now build it, so it takes a little longer. She also points out cars when we are going some where. It's great to be married to you best friend.

23. wheeler.t

wheeler.t

My girlfriend notices cool cars, And likes the idea of them. She doesn't quite get what it takes to actually BUILD a car, as her dad just buys them (59 corvette, 40 ford coupe)
    My off topic build was finished not long ago, and I was having water pump issues, she told me I wasted my money

24. I have the good fortune to be married to the same wonderful gal for 39 years and counting,,and she loves the old cars as much as I do,,she even pops in here every now and then.

The "Ranch Wagon" is her car,but she has been seen driving my '32 pickup around town quiet often while waiting for me to get her car finished.HRP

[​IMG]

25. I can't imagine that,,your such a sexy guy!;) HRP

26. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Well Im celebrating my big one month anniversary with the lil wifey. But so far she has been really cool and very interested in my deuce. Hopefully she will stay this way! She is not much help mechanically but def fun to talk too (and look at) while im wrenching on the roadster....

27. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

That Ranch Wagon (tri cycle motor hauler) is sharp HRP

28. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I just got the '51 F1 on the road weekend before last, had the wife drive it while I checked the track and got a picture in the process. Found out yesterday she posted the pic on her Facebook page and asked me for more pics a little while ago. She's even been telling people the color we picked out, hooked again! :D