Register now to get rid of these ads!

Official Vintage Torque Fest Thread May 4-5 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Jun 10, 2011.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Yes - it is never too early to start telling people about the show - but we just wanted to let everyone know that it is OFFICIAL!

We have signed the contract with the Jackson County Fairgrounds!

We will return to Maquoketa on May 4-5, 2012.

We are already planning on making Torque Fest an even more enjoyable experience that will be fun for everyone.

We will keep you updated. Thanks for all that supported the show last year and we hope you will continue to do so.

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

We got some exposure in HOT ROD magazine!!!! Go buy a copy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

great news and congratulations John! I am happy to see it is on the weekend AFTER Jefferson. Looking forward to it!

5. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We will be there for sure again in 2012. Just give us our marching orders.

6. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Magazine editor has picked out some rides he needs info on from 2011.
    If you have ANY info on who owns the rides in the pix - please let us know!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

need to know name of owner - where from - year make model of car and major visual modifications noted

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

10. Can't wait!! We will be there in "FULL FORCE"!!!!

11. the Tin Butchers will be there runnin the swapmeet again; had a great time in April, lookin forward to it again. Sure hope you can continue to stay at Maqouketa, nice lil town, great fairgrounds.

12. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

already looking forward to it ! john you do a hell of a job and i wouldn't wanna be in your shoes w all the headaches i'm sure that come w running something like this but your doing something right cause your getting lots of publication ! for anyone who hasn't come make sure to make it , hands down one of the best venues around ! this year was great ! so much so i think we wore ourselves out on fri night ! thanks for all you do and hopefully this next year will be bigger yet for you run smoothly and even out !

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Just got back from the Symco Shakedown - Cliffy, the Oliver Group, and Vagabonds know how to make a show run smooth as well.
    Only by getting a solid core group involved can shows like these actually take off. We appreciate all those that are busting their butts before, during, and after the show. Many times people think if you print up a flyer then a show will happen.....sometimes that may happen, but in order for it to be a real success you have to have a group of volunteers that are 110% behind the event and the cause.
    We are lucky enough to have a core group like this.
    There will be new additions to the event and some great music that will be announced soon.
    Thanks

14. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Friday Night Headliners!
    The Reckless Ones
    It was hard tracking these guys down - they are on tour so much - Europe and all over the states they are gathering a following with each gig they play.
    See what everyone else is learning - the Reckless Ones are GREAT!
    Buy their CD now so that you can be front and center singing along.

15. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

$10 for entire Weekend at Vintage Torque Fest & Iron Invasion. Vehicles Free with spectator admission.

We know there can be no car show without cars......In today’s economic times we understand how hard it is to get the rides out on the road.....and the gas $$$ that it takes to get the rides to the different events. We understand because we are car guys on a limited budget as well. We "get it".

Prices for BOTH Vintage Torque Fest and Iron Invasion will be $10.

This admission gets you all the entertainment for the entire weekend! We feel the amount of entertainment that we provide at our events warrants a $10 price tag....we hope u feel the same.

Vehicle entry will be free with paid admission. Entry requirements must still be met to be able to get your ride into certain sections of the show. This will be clarified on the site. We hope you realize we appreciate your support and hope that u will continue to spread the word at shows....at work....to neighbors...to fellow gearheads and FUTURE gearheads.

16. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

19. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I really wanna say thanks to Mongo for such a cool write up for the Vintage Torque Fest coverage. Awesome!
    Thanks to Zombie for letting us in there as well.
    Truly appreciate it man.
    We are humbled at the fact we are in there with other amazing shows....
    and we were really happy we were next to the FULL page ad for Jalopy Showdown DRAGS in PA.
    Scary Larry is waaaaay cool in my book and has helped us out along the way as well.
    I have never been to the drag event of his - but the Showdown is still the most fun I have ever had at a car show and that "fun" is what we are trying to bring to the midwest.
    Oliver Group, Cheaters, Los Punk Rods, Coronados CC, etc have all been integral in getting this ball rolling and we are forever in their debt.

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

ART SHOW alert!
    This year at the Vintage Torque Fest the art show will expand....
    the first year was just an 8 foot table....
    last year was a couple of 8 foot tables and about 8 feet of wall space....
    the goal this year is to go 3 8 foot tables and 15 feet of wall space......
    and everywhere you look - a different interpretation of the classic RAT FINK!
    The "canvas" this year will be a 2 foot metal Rat Fink.
    Here is what one looks like with the classic styling.....we hope the artists will come up with a bit of their own twist on this classic icon.
    [​IMG]
    so far we have Ben Mitchell aka Drag Daddy - Big Toe, Three Sheets, Art Fuentes, Joey Finz, Nick Sinclair, CASTRO, Chris Stapley, Ben Von Strawn, Mark Thompson, Scott Takes, Doug Dorr, & Van Gor...
    we are hoping even more from the HAMB will get on board.[​IMG]

All proceeds from the art auction directly benefit the Hannah Wells Medical Trust.

This is to help pay the medical bills, insurance, & medication for Hannah.

Info on her story can be found at http://www.helpinghannahsheart.org/

Jimmy Flinstone of Jimmyflintstonestudios.com has helped out with the art auction again this year. If anyone wishes to purchase the normal Rat FInk signs - contact Jimmy through his site.

If you would like to contribute - please email me at [email protected] and we will get a Rat Fink to ya!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  22. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I am planning on being there next spring, and was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Fairgrounds Camping has electrical hook ups ? (I sleep with a breather :D )
    Thanks much,
    Cheers........

23. If I remember right on the east end there are a few electrical spots.

24. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

yes there were spots with power ! we camped there last year !

25. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Thanks much, will try to get a spot reserved, if they do that.
    Cheers.........

26. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

what exactly does that mean coming from you ?

27. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Well, I now have a camping spot reserved, and am filling out my pre registration tomorrow!!!
    Looks like I will bring my Brother in Law, his Son, and his Son's Son, as well as a friend to bring my Biscayne over...(As I need to drive my camping rig) We will have three cars there!
    Getting excited already!!
    Cheers, and thanks again for the info....

28. Dang same date as STRAY KAT 500

29. Zaq

Zaq

Gotta figure out if I wanna camp out with the rod (no windows or locks) or stay at the Decker Hotel in the jacuzzi suite again. Haha. That was interesting...

30. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Well, I said camp out, but this rig of mine ain't exactly roughing it :eek: (yah yah, I know it is OT)....Depending on who all comes with me, I may have an extra sleeping spot...as the truck has bunk beds in it too....Let me know if you get desperate...
    Cheers....

Attached Files: