Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Miller migs cheap at Graingers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by painkiller, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Eight433

Eight433

I just called and was told informally that he personally suspected this to be a pricing error, and the system has locked the item out due to high volume. Website is acting buggy for me. I guess if it goes through, great. If not, it's nothing more than a bummer.

Update... Website only acting stupid on my iPad. Placed the order on my droid and just got the email confirming 496 dollars shipped after tax. The gentleman I spoke with earlier told me he recommends placing the order and calling your local branch in the morning to confirm. I guess we will find out soon enough...

Update number two! Charge has been posted on my credit card according to my credit union's online banking site. I'm starting to get my hopes up now :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. I picked up on this on another forum...lot of folks saying Grainger would not honor the price because it was an error...others saying price is honored. I ordered this PM and received a confirmation. Maybe the first GOOD deal ever from Grainger

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

The guy I talked to at Grainger said it was a legitimate sale item as far as he could see.

I got a confirmation of order e-mail. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

A very smokin deal if legit which it seems to be so far.

4. big creep

big creep

i think they are getting rid of their old stock, the new miller 180 is an auto-set version. i dont see the non auto-set welder in the 2011 catalog. and this is a 30% duty cycle, good for garage use, and yea great deal if you dont care about auto-set miller matic.

5. bought the same

6. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

SHIT! I just bought an autoset 180 a couple months ago for over a grand

7. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

So has anybody actually picked one up yet? I need to buy a new welder and this may be the one to get! From the looks of it, all it needs is a tank. Is that right?

8. Eight433

Eight433

They are not available to just pick up. You HAVE to have it shipped from what I've been told. They are being shipped straight from miller. I sure do hope this isn't just a tease.

9. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Thanks! Just bought the 220. Hope it goes through....

10. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

And just got my confirmation e-mail.....

11. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

That's a rockin price... I paid $400 for my lincon and I had to do a few things to fine tune it. Plus mine didn't come with a cart, that is almost to good to be true.
    Great thread though.

12. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

I just got off the phone with grainger and they said it is a website glitch and they will not be honoring the price. I even worked on her a little bit to see if she would cave in and she wouldn't take my order:mad:r Not sure if I should try again or not she said the order is not officially placed until the item is shipped. When it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

13. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

14. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

LAME

Ok so whats the best 110 mig for around $300?

15. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

damn and i just bought a miller syncrowave 250 tig last week. but i sure could use a 115 to do sheet metal work. my old Lincoln died on me

16. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

if you look at additional info it says its auto set

17. shocker998md

shocker998md

I just tried to order and it almost went through. On the check out page it said there is a hold on this item and cannot process shipping pricing. So i called and talked to customer service.

It was a misprint on the price, if you order online you will recieve an email in one day saying that the price was messed up and is 1100 bucks plus shipping. Maybe for the people the got on it first will get a hook up. Oh well, almost got a deal.

18. shocker998md

shocker998md

I just re read through the thread, and some said that some are honnored and some arent. Screw it I ordered it online, printed out my order details and we will see how it goes!

19. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

throw the link up again cause the one i have is dead again.

20. shocker998md

shocker998md

This is a bust. Just got the email. Hopefully it worked for the early ones that got on it first.

21. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

yeah i just read on another forum a guy got a email from them saying sorry and his card will be credited back and he gets 10% off his next order. i still hope some of you guys score on it.

22. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

I waited till this morning to see what was happening with this thread .......and learned if its to good to be true it probably is.

23. Nope!!!! Not available at $395! Just called our retail. Bummer.............

24. My order still appears to be good per my account information. Hope it goes on through.

25. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Just got off the phone with Grainger, and they show NO RECORD, of that sale, and, as stated, the links are dead...........................Must have truly been a website glitch, as he said they show a "sale activity", of only 4 of that item part #, in the last month!!!!!.............................Bummer, should have pulled that trigger last night!!!!

Josh, post up your item # , and I'll check and see if it is the same one, Please Dammit!

26. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

I just bought last week a Hobart 187 Handler at Tractor Supply for $549.95. Not the smokin deal this was supposed to be, but it's sitting in my garage and works great.

If you need a MIG check it out. Hobart-made by Miller.

27. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Just got the call saying they were completely "sold out" and because it was a discontinued item they would not be back ordering.

Oh well, hopefully at least one hamber actually gets thier order.

28. I have heard nothing since receiving my confirmation email...

If nothing else, sounds like I'll get 10% off something else.

Fingers crossed - but not holding my breath.

29. Eight433

Eight433

I suspect they will have a lot of "sold out" stories, rather than admit the websites price was listed incorrectly and have several people fighting for the product at the cost quoted in black and white. Guess it was worth a shot.