Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tell me about Ink & Iron

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jun 7, 2011.

1. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

We where talking about making it a club trip, but I need to at least sell show coverage so I can write it offon my taxes lol

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Well Grouch I never been but I'll be going for the fist time for all 3 days. Me and my buddy dropped the motorhome off late last night. So we took a walk and scoped it out, I was floored by the numbers of tat tents there are. Anyways...... see you there if you show.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  3. M.Edell

M.Edell

Heading down there this afternoon! Hope to see you at our show opening for the Paladins tomorrow..

4. well IF i went, i wont and wouldnt even if i lived in cali

id be one of the FREAKS cause it appears id be one of the few with no tats or piercings .... thats just something i dont understand at all

5. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

he asked about the show from someone who has been there and knows so he can get an idea of what to expect, you havent been there so you have nothing worthwhile to add. The thread isnt about whether you like tattoos or the connection they should have in the car world.
    your in Ohio dont create drama here we have enough thanks.

6. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Remember important saying......people with tattoo's dont judge people without them:)

Come one, Come all!

7. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

Take a G11 and you're good to go.

dka

8. Groucho's getting a tattoo? :confused:

9. yep. its gonna say STUGOTS in old english across his belly.

i'll be there saturday only for the pinstriper's deal. first time for me. should be cool, even if its just to hang out all day and people watch.

10. Steve

Steve

I'll be there Saturday

11. Deuces

Deuces

Now that one's funny!! :D

12. M.Edell

M.Edell

All Three of us in The RevTones don't have tattoo's..?? Nor do we play "Headbanger Music" I think is what I read on one reply earlier...lol..This thread is funny..

13. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah, that was my smartass remark.... Sorry! :(

14. M.Edell

M.Edell

dont be sorry..

15. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

haha. Welli guess it is just another fad. I just don't understand the relation that grew between tatoos and hot rods. Back int he day; most hot rodders were clean cut and ddnt want to be presented as "bad asses" for a lack of a better term ;). I guess to each their own but i hope you all enjoy the show:D

16. M.Edell

M.Edell

Society was much different for sure...To each their own is right..some of our fans our covered in Tats and others are ultra conservative.Its cool that everyone can get together and enjoy themselves.None of that BS should even matter to anyone...

17. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Oh HELL!!!!!, I'll pay for you to get in Groucho. But I"m keeping the $10 rebate for getting a tat.

18. If I got a tattoo of a tattoo, would it count? What if I got a tattoo of the word tattoo?:p

19. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

How about the word "Ditto" on your ass :eek:. Would not be as Hot as the girls back in Jr High with the nice figures.

20. John Denich

John Denich

Groucho....here is the perfect Tattoo for you!!!

Attached Files:

21. Sheez seeing The Paladins would be killer, oh yeah you guys arent so bad either:D

22. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

It seems like nowadays tattoos are an acceptable fashion statement,and very much overused. I myself have four small tattoos one on each upper arm one on each forearm, none of which are particularly art, more priceless mementos of times/things that are dear to me. I didn't get them done for public display, and if I wear longsleeved shirt or jacket you never know they were there. Things have moved on since my day (a hepcat from the late 70s through till now,) and it just seems to me that as time passes more extreme fads become more mainstream and the envelope gets pushed until full sleeves, hands, throat and facial tattoos are no longer "extreme" enough and full body piercing is the only thing with enough shock value. Seems to me that there's an awful lot of teenage cutie gals with an awful lot of ink that is just going to be a big grey/green smudge of blurred lines by the time they hit their 40s. Hell, I don't even know why I bothered to post this really is it's not going to change anything and it hasn't really answered Groucho's question. It's my bedtime and I'm getting cranky. Hey Ho!

Paul

23. BrandonSilva

BrandonSilva

Here's some "flash" :D
    p.s. can someone bring back the Sideburn Circus? Ink & Iron looks like a "Bro-Fest"

Attached Files:

24. MCM

MCM

You could always get a portrait of this guy:

EDIT: DAMMIT! Someone beat me to it, still had the window open but walked away from the computer for a bit...

Attached Files:

25. Like This?
    [​IMG]

26. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

I'll see those of you going this weekend. I hop on my plane tonight. Remember tattoos have been a part of the culture for quite sometime. Don't forget about the Navy mechanics during the war that got tattooed and came back home and decided to build hotrods...just saying. I have plenty of tattoos and enjoy the art. I put mine on my back so I don't have to look at them when I get old, ha!

27. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

i dont give a rats fat ass what people think about ink n iron tattoos or the culture thats displayed there,i am going ,always have and loved it,if you dont like the culture or the ink then stay home and let the people who do have fun.

28. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

I'm predicting a Bad Bob Avatar change soon!!:D

Also, Just wanted to say if anyone is thinking about doing the show- DO IT!!
    Don't let the guys knocking the show change your mind because it doesn't fit into their ideas or image. Go out and see for yourself.

I'm not into tattoos but can appreciate the art and skill. This is our 2nd Ink and Iron and we are traveling from Arizona- again. We were at Santa Maria just a few weeks ago and looking forward to this weekend, the bands playing, cars, food, great weather and entertainment.

Attached Files:

29. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

That there's funny, I don't care who you are. Please tell me this is a Photoshop job.

30. photofink

photofink

First time going...Im just going for the kettle corn....mmmmm kettle corn