Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gennie Shifter... Still in business?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SamIyam, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hemi

hemi

The only thing Todd's dad gives him is advice... you guys are funny.

2. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Get your facts right.
    Todd was running a business in the original gas station on the Streamline site until he took his dad to SEMA.
    His dad saw that there was money in the hot rod industry and started investing in the company.

3. madmike3434

madmike3434

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I did a search and yes there were other threads slamming gennie/vapinc/streamline ect that i was totally unaware of. Some people have some issues with them thats for sure.

In another point nobody seemed interested about the OLD gennie shifter company DOHC 16 valve rocker covers i spoke about. They only made about 250 pair for sbc and they are rarely seen in pictures. Nor the larsens --- larsons ? style ones.

I have an order with Todd at vapinc for a 1934-39 guide super ray driving lamp lens back on may 19 thats still not arrived as of june16. So i guess if it doesn't show up i can start a new thread and bitch and squack like a seagull to my hearts content.................mike

Attached Files:

4. probably because they aren't Traditional and most of the guys here don't go for blatantly fake stuff

5. madmike3434

madmike3434

define **Traditional** for me ............mike

6. alchemy

alchemy

Don, let me get this one. "Traditional" in this website is NOT 1985 fake DOHC valve covers. It IS pre-1964 hot rod and custom material.

7. madmike3434

madmike3434

okay.........so absolutely everything used on the TRADITIONAL car build is strictly pre 1964 motors, parts, rears, trans ect ect.
    So its traditional dropped i beam axle...hair pins or split wish bones front and rear, 39--48 hydralic brakes or mechanicals for the really hard core....motor has to be pre 64 vintage too.
    Built preferrably with red coloured steelie wheels and small hub caps, no radials allowed only buchron type 2 plys.

Is any body style & make allowed or is it the "if it ain't a ford deuce it don't qualify" mentality .
    mike

8. Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  9. madmike3434

madmike3434

I had a computer wipe out of a hard drive , 2 times since 09 & losing all my favorites and forgot all about it, this site , until i ran into a post on a google search and followed it here again.

So i really have no idea whats been going on here for the last 2 years until i get the time to start rummaging around in older posts.
    mike

10. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Mike, step away from the computer and go work in the garage. ^^^^^

11. The HAMB is dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and kustoms to hoodlums world wide. That’s right – TRADITIONAL. And we aren’t talking Beach Boys and poodle skirts here fellas. If you are into a-side 50’s pop, lawn chairs, ruler contests, and all things that make hot rodding warm and cozy then you might want to find another message board. If you aren’t sure what we mean by “traditional”, then you might think twice as well. If you’ve come here to set a rep, talk some shit, and make some fun then you had better turn around right now. We aren't patient.

Even if you have come here for all the right reasons, don’t expect posting to be easy. We don’t cater to new fellas unless they show a dedication to spreading this tradition of ours first. We welcome young, old, foreign and all – but our original members and our staff expect a certain level of respect and an effort to keep things true and on topic.

Maybe you are an old fart with a past. Maybe you are one of the guys that started this tradition we cherrish. We built this place for you and your posts mean the world to us. Hop on and introduce yourself. This is your board.

Still reading? Then you must be cut out for this, right? We recommend you read some more. Check out all the forums, develop an understanding for how things work around here, learn the “do’s” and “do not’s”… The key to a happy HAMB newbie is to understand the joint BEFORE you begin posting. You want to be happy don’t ya newbie?

12. hemi

hemi

LOL... Like ten years ago... he's been on his own for a long time and you know it.. If his dad was sooo flush with cash and generous and spoiled him like some say, then we wouldn't be wondering why anything was closed or doing poorly.... again, you guys don't know the half of it. This isn't 8 years ago...

13. hemi

hemi

Bottom line, they are all doing okay and are still in business, even in this economy.

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy you can sure tell when it's hot outside.

15. madmike3434

madmike3434

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please describe exactly what you envision a TRADITIONAL hot rod as.
    Tell me and others exactly what it is because with ratus rodus, retro, vintage , ancient , period and all these terms flying around .

What in your esteemed view exactly defines a traditonal street hot rod. ???
    mike

16. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I am glad they are still in business.A lot of companies have bit the dust since what happened to our economy in 2007.It caught everybody off guard and when money stops flowing,no one can be totally prepared.There are those that are saying Japan should have been prepared for the earth quakes and sunami`s that hit their Nuke plants.Give me a break!

17. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

And no where in your original post did you put a time frame on it.
    Also, i,d never call Todd,s dad generous or spoiling.
    When they bounced paychecks about 5 years ago,who went to the bank to move money around? TODD,S DAD

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  18. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Obviously,you and I have different opinions about their business practices and morals.
    Why don,t you ask Race,Tony or Henry if their opinion has changed.
    I,m not the only one,I,m just more vocal about it.

19. Most folks on here have an idea of what is considered a "Traditional" Rod or Custom by the members and owner of this board. And those that don't get it generally pay attention to the post, listen and learn as to what is acceptable and what is not.
    And understand that my previous post that you quoted above was written by the founder of this board, Ryan, so if you don't like it, kindly take it up with him.
    You got your first lesson with the dorky valve covers, and you got off easy compared to the HAMB of old

20. madmike3434

madmike3434

HOTRODDON, your bobbing and weaving and giving me the california shuffle, fake to the left, fake to right, head fake, snort, step back clear your head and tell me exactly what you envision as a TRADITIONAL HOTROD, or maybe you cannot say because its hidden in some MASONIC type rule you cannot disclose, or you just don't know. ????

Fess up , lay it out there in print, spit it out, cummon now you can do it.
    mike

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  21. Traditional - and built by me
    [​IMG]

Not Traditional - also built by me
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure I know the difference

22. madmike3434

madmike3434

OMG its a maybe 1930-31 ford roadster on a 32 frame, hard to tell if its really a 32 because the most distinctive part of the 1932 ford s the radshell and when you place one on a 30-31 they look like a 32 don't they ?

Ya that looks traditional, magoo type red...that i never saw in the pre 64 era magazines....steelies with little caps...tan leather or naugahyde interior..sbc with glide ? Early rear hung on buggy spring.

I was expecting you to show a primered model a coupe on 32 rails with pin striping and red steelies and buchrons
    mike

23. WOW, you can't even tell that that is a 32 Ford Roadster not a Model A, Really? It's not Hard to tell - The cowl, the fenders, the body lines, all are distinctive on a 32. And that is not just a 32 Roadster, but that car is the reconstruction of the car that was on the cover of the very first issue of Rods & Customs Magazine in May 1953 and wrecked in 1961, not to be seen back together until 2008 - so yeah that color was around long before 1964. As for Power it has the 8BA (that's a Flat Head to you) with Evans heads that were ported by Earl Evans in the early 50's and 3 97's. A banjo on buggy spring and yes three pedals.
    Since you couldn't tell what that car was, and think that a primered Model A with red steelies (and whatever "Buchrons" are) makes a traditional car, I am done with you.

24. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

25. hemi

hemi

Siiiiighhh.... Really? Dude... exactly how much rope do you NEED to hang yourself?

26. Give him credit, he almost spelled Bucrons right ;)

27. hemi

hemi

LOL...I guess. You still harbor a lot of odd resentment for stuff that happened over half a decade ago... I dunno, I think maybe you should go to Todd and take a swing at him and get it over with..

But the bottom line, again, without jaded "internet drama" is that the companies in question are still in business.

28. hemi

hemi

LOL.. Always swing for the fences... :D

29. Oof...painful to watch, but necessary in order to educate. :D

Kinda like watching my kid ride the ATV all by himself, riiight into our new garage door.

BTW, I like both of those cars a lot...

30. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Here's some traditional HAMB sayings

1) I miss the old HAMB

2) This thread will be closing in 3..2..1

3) [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.