Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model A Truck will soon Scream under new Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Stan Lee

Stan Lee

congrats man its one bad ass lil truck...it and DeathsDoorStep are definitely the inspiration for my next A build I have planned

2. lorodz

lorodz

congrats ...you know i already love it ...keep it up.

3. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

4. patman

patman

5. 33cruiser

33cruiser

Dave....both were great runs...glad I was there to see both of them...can't believe your frames still straight....LOL...talk about torque!!!

Congrats....wish I could've made it out there today...but at least I made it Friday and that was a blast.

I'm giving that 49 Ford gasser a lot of thought...LOL...gotta start planning out the next project.

Jim
    www.slickdevils.com

6. No video, but the image of that truck hauling its load down the track with the poor chassis screaming and twisting the whole way, forever burned into my mind. I still think the best pass was when he slid through the beams and red lit....Anger to the pedal, nice wheel stand! Now retire that damn truck and put it back on the street and get busy on your dad's old gasser!

7. ridgy didge

ridgy didge

Congratulations on hitting the 9's.This thread is inspiring as i'm already getting told to lose the 6 carbs and my engine isn't finished yet.

8. Saxxon

Saxxon

That`s a huge attaboy for you. Way too many people think 9`s are easy to hit in this day and age of turbos and 600 in monster motors. Doing it in an honest to gosh hot rod is something entirely different.

Now put that thing away before you go blind and get working on that mid engined drag roadster. That thing is way cool.

9. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Way to go Dave!! I wish I was there to see it.

10. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thanks everyone !......Its been a hard long road.....filled with broken parts accompanied w/ unexplainable occurrenses, countless engine and head removals, the cat chasing it's tail syndrome, sleepless nights, over thinking, lots of machining and thinking, countless thrashes......and the doubters...But yet...the goal was met..It was not a pretty road traveled, but the road I walked...Sure, I fell in the ditch a few times here and their but still maintained the focus needed to meet my goal...So if theirs something you find yourself wanting to do......just do it and screw your nah-sayers !

I have to thank Bob Wenzelburger for sending me this pic......It's not too hard to make out....the front end finally went up in the air....and that Chevy is bad ass as well , which makes for a great pic, the last yellow bulb lite w/ both front ends off the ground! I wonder what he was thinking as I pulled away running a 9.73 on a 10.85 dial in..ha ha ha and still won only because he red lite his -.0328 to my .0395 reaction....lots-o-fun, Littleman

[​IMG]

I would like to thanks..

My wife Jennifer and my daughter Ellie

Ross Racing Engine, Tony and his Father

Don

Karis

Ray and Sean Cook

and countless others that put up w/ my craziness..like everyone on the HAMB...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Naw man thanks to you. You're an inspiration and the fact that you were reaching and meeting a goal can speak volumes to all of us who are struggling to meet their own particular goals and expectations. Congrats on everything and onward to the next goal/project. I am sure it'll be cool, I'm sure it'll be innovative and I'm sure it'll be fast as hell. -JJ

12. Awesome picture! That is nutso! 9's. That's fast.

13. 33cruiser

33cruiser

14. 33cruiser

33cruiser

A few more pics for everyone to enjoy!!!

Jim
    www.slickdevils.com

A couple of Don Moyer :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of the Richard Barnes 33 Willy...been racing at Thompson for decades...and now driven by his son!!!

[​IMG]

15. congrats on breaking into the 9's... absolutely love watchin' that truck and hate the thoughts of you setting it aside, but completely understand why

16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I got lucky and someone captured my 9.73 pass on video.........Littleman

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R2Y-bGhsFQU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R2Y-bGhsFQU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  17. lowtruck

lowtruck
    from Omaha

I have butterflies in my stomach after watching that video...that was awesome. Congrats on making your goal.

18. Great run dave! That thing sounds great

19. Stan Lee

Stan Lee

I thought the videos of ya 10 second passes were awesome man that truck is wicked

20. Fantastic! A great inspiration.

21. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

Wowww. Looks like fun!

Is it my imagination, or does the whole truck jump to the right a few inches at the 7-8 second mark?

22. lorodz

lorodz

wow ..that pick up hauls ass looks a little twisted going down the track hope everything is cool with it....keep it up

23. Wow that thing is wound up pretty tight.... is your cage mounted to the floor or the frame?

Beautiful seeing a real Hot Rod Model A... I wish I could see it at the "Hunnert Car Heads Up" at the Grove...!

24. LabRat

LabRat

Man ... 9's ! That is the sweetest !

25. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

The pass felt very straight.........But really was torqued over

The 8 point cage is welded to the chassis.......Littleman

26. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Watching 6 94's pull a sub 10 second pass is about the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Congratulations bro! KILLER!

27. patman

patman

1980 - pro street
    2000 - pro touring
    2010 - pro traditional?

So now that the truck is retired, what's next on your evil agenda?

28. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I love that truck!!! Badass!! Way to go. That is quite a feat!

29. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

30. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

nice!!!!!