Register now to get rid of these ads!

Interesting Barris Kustoms article from Motor Trend Dec 52

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SuperFleye, Jun 8, 2011.

1. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

I often find hidden treasures in old Motor Trend magazines from the early 1950s. Last week as I were looking through an issue of Motor Trend December 1952 I noticed a small photo of white primered hardtopped shoebox Ford. I recognized the car as Buster Litton's Panoramic Ford, and was thrilled about my findings. For a couple of years now I have been trying to find photos of this car while Allen Anderson owned it. As some of you may know, Allen was the original owner of the car, the one who had Barris Kustoms chop it. Unfortunately the photo ain't big, but it sure is nice. Actually, the rest of the story is quite cool as well, so I thought I should share it with the rest of you guys!

I have been able to identify all cars except for the Mercury with the Buick side-trim...does anyone recognize that car?

Attached Files:

2. Special Ed

Special Ed

You actually recognize the Heinsberger Jet? Wow! I'm impressed. :)

3. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Haha..that was easy Ed :)

4. Rikster

Rikster

Very nice article.. I had not seen that.

Here is another photo of that Merc... don't have a name right now, but I will see if I can find it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011

5. Rikster

Rikster

This article in Motor Trend November 1952 shows two photos of the "mystery" Merc... but does not mention Barris being the builder of this Michigan based Custom.

[​IMG]

6. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Hmm...that's interesting! Maybe the car ain't a Barris creation after all! Maybe they just added it because they had a the photo of this Buick spear fit car laying around!