Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wrecked Wroadster Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnumcharger, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Attached Files:

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What the hell happened?

3. 36brothers

36brothers

Looks like a roof fell on it.....Tornado?

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

ugh. i want it. :)

5. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

Tree or roof must have fallen on it. Pull the hood, beat out the cowl and paint, new windshield hardware, and a new headlight assembly. Someone grab it!

6. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

That website is kinda cool. Possibility to get some of those cars CHEAP. There are also some cars that make me nauseous, because you just know that no one walked away :(

7. I check that web site now and then, anyone ever buy from it?

8. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

How about the glass three window on there... Scary.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say that the roof or something else fell on it. There isn't any signs that show that it might have been moving when it got damaged.

It could be a great deal for someone who wanted to rebuild it and most of the rebuilding looks like unbolt the bent pieces and bolt on new (to the car) pieces.

Any Birmingham Alabama area folks know the car?

10. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

alway wanted a roadster... and i dont mind paying to fix stuff. im tempted but im very far away

11. Kinky6

Kinky6

I would guess tornado damage; they had some really bad ones up there about a month ago. :eek:

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

I think the glass 3 window ran out in traffic because of the interior!!! :confused:

13. Mumbles

Mumbles
    from PNW

I bought a motorcycle off that site last year. Just keep in mind that Copart will tack on a percentage on top of your final bid. I found that out the hard way. Still got a good deal though. Gotta read the fine print.

14. oldolds

oldolds

Usually takes longer than a month to get processed. Sometimes years. Most times 60 - 90 days. It looks pushed to the side like maybe a truck backed over it. Didn't look at Copart site. Those guys are tough to deal with, lots of hidden fees.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  15. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Rebuildable for sure. Someone should grab that thing.

16. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

that 3 window looks like it didnt work out so well for the occupant :(

17. jrose7004

jrose7004

Looks like the garage caved in.

18. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

I used to buy a lot of cars from these people,never again,these greedy SOBs are rude,obnoxious,very hard to deal with if you have a problem,and yes the buyers fees are the highest in the country,cant understand how they are still in business? also a lot of the "good looking" cars are ones that have been doctored up by unscrupulous sellers,any one can consign a car on there,and copart does nothing about it,if it looks to good to be true it propably is. Buyer Beware of this place. Harveyb

19. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

20. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

21. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

22. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

23. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

For about 5 years, between 1999 and 2004, I frequently bought salvage vehicles from Copart. No, they were not touchy, feely, but usually quite efficient. They serve insurance companies primarily as sellers and salvage yards and/or rebuilders as buyers.

You are expected to know what you are doing and how the system works. They are not a retail, "gee, you made a mistake, we'll take it back....just so you are happy"..kind of place. The buyers came from everywhere, and I mean everywhere, Mexico, South America, Middle East and of course here, the U.S., so there were very few "steals". Yes, they have a "buyers fee" and a "sellers fee".......they are not a charity, but a business...

All in all, I can't say I wasn't treated fairly, given the nature and requirements of the business. I would estimate I bought around 50 units during the period mentioned above.

Ray

24. bamabob

bamabob

Thanks for posting. Its near enough that I'll register and bid on it. Maybe it will be my next project.

25. oldolds

oldolds

Don't know about the rules to register in your state. Here in PA you must be a Dealer or junk yard to buy. Once you pay your fee to register make sure you have a bank account you can wire them the money. They want the money within 24 hour after winning the bid. You cannot remove the vehicle until they say it is ok. ( Had one take a year) after they tell you it's ok to remove you have 10 days to remove, or pay a daily storage fee. When you go to pick it up if you cannot hook up to the vehicle for whatever reason( they park them tight) you can pay them to get it out for you, $125 for across the lot. Don't start doing anything to the vehicle till you get the ownership documents. Can take a over year, because of problems at the ins. company. Law suits ect. Had to give one back after about 6 months. Haven't bought from salvage sales for 10 years because of things like this.

26. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

27. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I certainly can't dispute your account of your experiences with waiting, paperwork, etc., but they are totally contrary to my experience, which included several Copart outlets in least three States. As I recall, they loaded immobile units on my trailer with a forklift at no additional cost, but I could be suffering memory loss on that point. While I never incurred storage fees, I am aware they would charge them after a week or so from date of purchase if you hadn't removed the unit.

In my experience, they didn't offer anything for sale until all the paperwork was in their hands. The yards were divided into incoming for process, ready for sale and for sale today.

I was surprised that posters here could access Copart's website and appear to think they are able to purchase at Copart auctions. When I was active in this business, it required not only a registration with Copart ($200 per annum then) but a Salvage and/or Rebuilders permit in your home State and, in some cases (MI, MO, and PA to name a few) a Salvage Buyers Permit from the State in which the sale unit was being auctioned. Of course, if you know somebody who qualifies, they can bid for you.

Whatever the current situation regarding licensing, just make sure you know the drill before you commit.

Ray

28. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That Packard was on the HAMB when it happened I believe. Burned up in a trailer.

The 3 window and the '48 are pretty scary for sure.