Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tell me about Ink & Iron

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jun 7, 2011.

1. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

I think there is a way around it. From my understanding it's not too difficult to get a press pass...

2. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I'm sure trace will give you photographers pass...

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I think the "Iron" also represents the Queen mary

4. I grew up in the 80's so I don't know a whole lot about going deep in traditions. BUT tattoos have been around for thousands of years. So what kind of tradition we talkin about? I think this show Main attraction is the Tattoos. So if your there for cars there wont be as much. but I'm sure there will still be cool cars out there. Me I am not into the whole scene thing weather its band shows or cars. I rather be online looking at everyones cars for ideas :p I don't waste money on shows..NO OFFENSE TO Any that do put up great shows. BUT THIS show you should expect not a big car show but Tattoos and music.

5. MCM

MCM

I had a great time last year, but then again, I happen to like cars, tattoos, and music, so I appreciated the variety of things to see there =)

6. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Heres a better example

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

This is the official video

9. Deuces

Deuces

It's just not my style I guess... To me it's a late '80's or early '90's fad that never went away... The head banging music, the Jesse James bad boy image... I just never went for it...

10. Those of you who know me,know that i've been parking the cars at that show every year. The car part of the show gets bigger every year,and Trace told me the other night,he has more Pre-registered than ever before! Should be a good one,this year. I love it,and would go even if I didn't have a car!
    It's alot of fun. Always see lots of HAMBers there. Since the Cavaliers are the Host Club this year,it will be a great time,FOR SURE!!!
    Of course....if you aren't into tattoos,body piercing,and bands,IT'S NOT FOR YOU! Like Piero said...it's more of a tattoo show WITH cars,than a car show. Check out my past years threads.
    You guys that are coming....look for me and say HI!!! I'll be there all weekend!!!

You can always hang with me and the Cavaliers,Groucho....

11. Primer Podcast

Primer Podcast
    from LBC

I've never gone due to the price, bu this year I'm looking forward to it... scored free 3-day passes and taking public transportation to get there, as parking is pretty pricey.

12. coop ED

coop ED

I have been every year pretty much. Missed last year cuz sister got married. I used to go just for the day on my Harley. Took my car 2 years ago and am taking it this year. it's definitely about people watching, tattoos and music. The car show is a added bonus. I drive up from San Diego and feel it's worth it. Kinda like going to the fair, lotta fun watching all the people and being entertained.

13. All the kids are doing it....

14. Those guys have some pretty cool cars

15. El Gordo

El Gordo

Just what is their definition of a "non-Pro" camera?? :confused:

I have several friends flying out of Edmonton tomorrow to attend and they want to know

16. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

from ink/iron website FAQ
    "

What are considered professional cameras and professional digital cameras? [/B]
    Any camera with interchangeable lenses.

17. John Denich

John Denich

Okay I dont even own a camera but why would they have this rule?? seems weird! I am not going to the show but I just wondered!

18. I agree...weird rule and a pain in the ass to enforce. I don't see the point. I'm not going either. You guys talked me into believing I won't enjoy it. LARS all the way for me

19. slammed

slammed

Wish I could go. Breaking in the new motor and seeing a different kinda of event like this would be refreshing. Counting on the guys that go to post up the pix.

20. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i think its a fun show, my wife and i like to stay on the boat thats the biggest attraction to her. neither of us have tattoos but i love the artwork of them. my inlaws came last year for the first time and liked it, and as you can see my father in law thought the attractions were pretty cool!:eek:

Attached Files:

21. Well, good luck buddy....I hope your performance goes well!:eek:

22. johnnykck

johnnykck

I went last year and there were some nice cars, but other than that it was a lot of L.A. kids with their jeans cuffed up to their knee, big pompadours, vendors selling all kinds of junk, very expensive beer and food, there were a couple good bands but the rest was not my flavor, I don't go for Psychobilly/Punk. The Tattoo show was alright.

23. 1955 LEDSLED

1955 LEDSLED
    from LONG BEACH

They have cars, ink, booze, music, and women...what else do u need.

24. Trace Edwards

Trace Edwards

To answer the question regarding the NO Professional cameras. In the past I had a "photographer" have some dumb broad jump on the roof of car and scratch the shit out of the paint that was done in the early 60's. You see with the advent of the digital camera everyone is a photographer and now wants a free pass cause they have some blog or name on this site with followers.

Then you have the situation where a magazine cover is being set up to shoot, the girl is posed the lights are right the PAID photographers copyrighted photo is plagiarized right before their eyes with 20 cameras going off just as powerful as theirs. I care to protect the media that has been approved and their copyrights.

As for the debate over the name. The show started out as a single component event-tattoo, on an Iron ship. But, coming from Paso I realized the beginnings of the car show with the help of Primo and Jeff of the MoFos, and then came Bad Bob. I can tell you we have more cars registered then ever before, 95% painted kustoms and rods leaving 5% raw hot rods.

Whatever your thoughts are regarding Kulture shows. The one good thing is the event exposes our cars to a larger demographic of potential enthusiasts which in turn ensures our sport stays vibrant. You see this event draws attendees from 48 nations and 25 states of die hard enthusiasts weather it be for the love of the car-art-music-the exhorbant amount of T&A, cabaret, vaudeville performers, cirque performers.

This year Jack Stewart is hosting our charity auction benefiting the Rich Pichette Alzheimers Awareness project with all proceeds going to the charity. Tomorrow I go pick up the Candy Red panels from Jr. Conway, then off the see Tom Kelly for the stripes.

I hope this clears up some things for some folks! Hope to see you guys there supporting!

Sometimes-Support means more then just your presence!

25. cruzr

cruzr

I never did get the connection between Tattoos and Hot Rods????

Pole dancing??

26. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i dont really understand the relation of heavy tattoos and hot rodding. it erks me. I guess its a california/kulture type of deal.

27. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

so a professional camera is one with interchangeable lenses?

28. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Really?? Ive been to Car events all over the country...Tattoos/hotrods everywhere!

29. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

please dont be erked

30. Oh....ERK OFF!!!!
    Just kidding,hahaha! It's just another fad.