Register now to get rid of these ads!

Were looking for a fabricator at LimeWorks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Steve, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Hi I thought I'd throw this out there, we are in need of a fabricator with experience in Early Hot Rods . There is tig welding some light machining both of which I'm able to teach. Experience is required , we also do electric , a/c install in fact all aspects of car building but no paint & upholstery.
    No ego either we run a tight ship , with a friendly atmosphere , we have music on during the day so be prepared .

We are located in Whittier So Cal.

Steve 562 698 1227

2. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

BTW projects on the go are :
    56 Ford Ranch Wagon
    32 Ford Roadster
    34 Pontiac
    51 Chevy Truck
    32 Tudor coming to an end
    53 Allard coming to an end
    60 Corvette
    Model A for susp
    33 Chevy for A/C
    56 Chevy truck for Efi Wiring.

Than of course there is Kona :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  3. "no ego,tight ship,friendly atmosphere an music on during the day" thats why you are successful.Even when I was talking to ya at the NAT's in Louisville your personality echoed the same.....

4. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I'm so tempted Steve :D

5. really wish i lived in cali... cuz id quit this stupid desk job in a new york minute!!!

6. I was going to put your name forward. They couldn't keep up though.

7. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Steve,any chance you could wait a couple of months?Reason being it would give me time to 'top' the wife(make it look like an accident)and claim the insurance.That would give me the funds to ship over the truck and my dog.Couldn't leave him behind,that would be heartless!
    As an added incentive,I'll fill the truck with HP Sauce,PG Tipps,liquorice pipes and if you're lucky,some sherbert Dip Dabs.:D

8. Would you consider hiring another import ( from the colonies!) ?

9. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Thanks for the kind words Mark, I'm glad to see you Brits still have a sense of Humour despite living in Britain ;)

I need legal begals I'm afraid :)

10. cruzr

cruzr

To bad i am "over the hill" ....

Steve is a great guy,i frequent his shop from time to time. The atmosphere is super there.

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I would love too, but I'm grossly under qualified even by my own low standards.

12. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Dang... Why are you way over there?:D

Good luck in your search!:cool:

13. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

You need a sense of humour living over here mate.Shitty weather,shitty gas prices,shitty cost of living.Oh,and did I mention the weather?:D

14. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

If I wasn't so OLD,I'd be all over this!!

15. 296moon

296moon
    from england

I Wish...................

16. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Just curious - what music do you have on that one might need to be prepared for?

If it's the same stuff I listen to and it's loud, I might apply. Ha Ha.

17. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

It's all about the music !!!!

18. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

So I still don't know. Other than it's all about the music.

For me- Deftones at the moment. Don't worry - I'm not applying, I'm just wondering.

19. Must be able to make a decent cup of tea......

Best of luck Steve.

20. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

Looking forward to the Crestliner SWs...

21. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Well, I do fabricator-ish type stuff now as a hobby but I might be interested in turning a hobby into a profession. I'm a second generation land speed racer and have been into hot rods all my life. Speaking of LSR, I'm a tech inspector for the SCTA and I happen to know that our current head tech got his start here in the States at LimeWorks. ;)

I have a background in engineering and a business degree. I currently work in the industry doing custom EFI applications including installation, wiring, and tuning. I know my way around a machine shop and have been TIG welding for a few years now.

I'm currently making a jr. level engineers salary and would like to keep it that way. Before I officially throw my hat into the ring I want to see if we're in the same ballpark at least, ya know?

Shoot me a PM. Thanks.

22. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

if i was in socal id take you up on this in a heartbeat

23. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

What NO drama??? I thought ALL shops are nothing BUT drama! I need to watch less crappy TV. Happy hunting!

24. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Steve and the Limeworks crew are a great bunch of guys. I would be willing to work there for free if I didn't need to make a living and the whole talent thing I am lacking, but the sentiment was there. :D:D:D

25. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Good luck in your hunt. This is an opportunity of a lifetime for the right guy. There's always music on in my shop too, good tunes, some panels to bang out and I'm happy. I'm a structure mech for the Navy (10 years sheet metal and composite experience) and would be all over this if the timing was right. The move from the central valley would be well worth it, unfortunately I'm stuck until around April next year.

I could send you some photos of my work and a resume' if needed to maybe put me on the back burner for a prospect hire. Most of my experience is with the F/A-18 E/F Superhornet, but I do have plenty of fab time on H-60 helicopters, and E/A-6B Prowlers too.

26. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Steve and the boys listen to a strange array of "gangster rap" mixed with Britney Spears and greatest hits by Milli Vanilli... ;):D:D:D

27. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In all seriousness, I can't imagine someone working at Lime Works and not having a really positive experience! Great people making great cars!

28. Hey Steve - the guy I am doing the Model A roadster here for rang you about a column and wheel (40 Ford one) and he said it was great to get you on the phone and said "what a neat guy and super helpful".

So thanks man!
    Greg Stokes
    Auckland
    New Zealand

29. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

If not for old age and shaking so bad, i'd work for Steve in a heart beat.

30. Not a very nice way to speak about Steve ! :D