Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser Reunion Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Good pics but why no pics of all the 409's that where there, the Phantom 409 55 chevy and the 65 Nova 409 put on one heck of a show along with many others. But thanks for the ones you did get. It was a great event as usual.

2. dannyego

dannyego

I was there Saturday from about 2-6pm. I don't know when the 409 cars were running but I guess I missed them. Seemed like there were a lot less cars than last year, and I didn't see any rails making runs. More 70's stuff there than the previous years too.

3. yeah danny ,
    i dont remember there being any 69 grand prix"gassers"? in previous years.
    it has as much business being there as the penny pinchin mopar.
    neither of which are gassers.
    nice cars but not gassers.

4. Thanks for sharing the pics. Some nice starting line pics.

5. Danny, thanks for posting the pics! Too bad our paths didn't cross but I was in the car alot:D

I don't blame him for not taking pics of the AA/GS cars, simply too cool to watch through a camera!

Congrats to Littleman for surpassing his goal and running a 9:73! and that ain't a typo!

6. KutlassKim

KutlassKim

Congradulations on that time Dave (Littleman), awesome !!

7. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

great pics! looks like it was a good time.... thanks for posting them

8. It was a good time, but hot as hell Saturday. I wish I could've been there Friday to see Littleman breaking 10 seconds. Drag racing rules!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

9. torino_Joe

torino_Joe

Great pics.Wish I coulda been there.

10. Thanks for posting the pics..I was racing AGAINST the Fiat at the time you shot the photo.
    Thats my crew guy with the green t shirt..

Interesting part of this picture is,your dial in is recorded when you pull from the lanes to the track. The fiat decided to change their dial at the last minute..causing some confussion..then the fiat staged the car, so I did the same.We both lit the pre stage,when he lit his second bulb,I did as well..

HIS pre stage top bulb went out,so he then back out to stage again..I'm still staged ,waiting..waiting,waiting,waiting !!!!

Not sure why he wasn't 'fouled" at that point,but anyway,we sat watching the Temp gauge slowly rise as I'm already up on the converter...

We did get the win that round and eventually into the finals,
    good weekend just the same.

Rick
    ===============================================

11. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a great event. Nothing beats a gasser event. I'll be at the Beaver this weekend.

Thanks...JT

12. robleticia

robleticia

More pics please!!!!!

13. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

we forgot to bring batterys for the camera.i only have acouple that we took early.my friend took the one of brian working on the"blew by you"chevy.i have some videos but havent got them loaded up to youtube so i can post them.

Attached Files:

14. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

here are some of my rod bearings.i lost oil pressure on my last pass due to filter pluged up.i parked it.pulled the pan this morning,ordered some new ones from summit next-day{extra $27.00}and hopefully get them by wednesday so i can go to beaver springs.

Attached Files:

15. goodturn

goodturn

That was me in the 33 Willys that you beat. My reaction sucked at .2735 to your very good .0492, and I broke out with an 11.758 on a 11.80 dial. Congratulations on a great race and deserved win!!!!

16. Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately in the second round I tried to be "clever" in running that 460 Falcon and let up just before the finish line thinking I might break out. IT WAS 85 DEGREES AND EVERYBODY WAS SLOWING DOWN! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! AAARGHH!

17. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

so i got the bearrings on wed. night.started putting them in on thursday morning.got to the fifth one{OH KNOW!!!!!!}looked up and saw the wrist pins{pressed}all decided to go to the {back}.every cylinder has HUGE groves down the side.well time for a beer and a nap!!!loaded the car up and took it to beaver anyways.had a great time.now its a mad thras to get it back together for the gasser nats.next month.i just got the motor out this afternoon and ill take some pics.tomorrow.