Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Paul Cepeda's 1959 Chevrolet El Camino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheFrenZ, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Toner283

Toner283

Ease up there bucko.... Not once did I say that I thought it was ugly, or a piece of junk or run it down in any way. I stated that I did not like the current version and that in my opinion it has now lost its Elcamino identity.

Last I checked I am allowed to have my own opinion even if it differs from yours. If you have an issue with me (or anyone else for that matter) having a different opinion than yours then that is just too freaking bad.

As far as what I have built, here is the build thread on the coupe my dad & I are building that I have done the metal work on. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348159 The coupe is being driven while we work out the bugs and finish off a few details. it will eventually get shiny paint. I am currently working on a 29 tudor that I have not started a build thread on yet. I am just starting the metal work on it. You can view pictures of it here: http://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=3362&page=3 scroll to the bottom of the page for recent pics. After the Tudor is done I will be starting on this: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=23865 My own 59 Elcamino.

It might surprise you but there are a couple of the guys on this board who build their own stuff.:rolleyes: The guys who do build their own stuff have a pretty good understanding of the skill required to build a car that is that nice when finished. I read back through the thread and I did not see where anyone had posted that they thought it was ugly or poorly done or that Paul was a hack. I think most of us appreciate the work that was done & the skill involved but some of us feel that the car was "right" before the latest changes.

You might want to reread your posts before you click "submit reply" to see if you are going to come off sounding like a dick. Unless that is what you were aiming for. Either way, in my opinion that is the way that your post came across. Uh-oh, there I go having an opinion again, I will have to work on that. :rolleyes:

And, please note that I did not call you a dick, I merely stated that you had sounded like one IMO. And at this point you may be calling me a dick (or worse) but I am OK with that. If I don't get called a dick at least twice a day I start to think something is wrong with me.:)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  2. I have been amazed by every car Paul has done so far! He's got an eye for design. My favorite was the Studebaker truck with the Merc front end. Can't blame him at all,for being defensive.
    If he says he is gonna set the bar higher next year,i'm getting excited already!!!!
    Bring it on Paul!!!!!

3. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^ Bob, you mean the pearl white one? i never knew who built it, and its one of my favorite customs ever.

As far as the chopped Elco, i lke the extreme chop, and the new tailgate is beautiful, the only thing i dont like too much is the color. i think if he kept it the csame as last year it would have been awesome.
    I agree w/ Bob anyway. Anything this guy does is bitchin, and keep people talkin for years. Think the DeSoto, theres still people talkin about how bitchen that car is and askin info about it.

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It doesn't have a tailgate.

5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^ yeah, i meant the 59 car trunk/"tonneau cover", sometimes i still mix up words, no matter how good my english is.

6. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

In my opinion. I like both versions of Paul's Elco. I'm anxious to see what he comes out with next. I wish I had the time to build cars as fast as he does.

7. slammed

slammed

Some of y'all are WAYYY to touchy. 1st version was better. The second needs black paint, to down play the obvious mods. Space Truckin' mother fucker, lets go space tuckin-come-on.....

8. Yes. I think I have one or two pic's of it from the Primer Nats. I'll post them later. He gets people talking! That's the way it should be.

9. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

lol! its not an el Camino any more! its an "el Kustomino"now! lol! :D

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  10. kenny1

kenny1

Do you know what windshield Paul Cepeda used on his El Camino ?
    Thanks - Kenny

11. codeblu

codeblu

Go ahead and flame me for this, but I'm not diggin' the Caddy caps on this. I realize they are popular and iconic. As radical as this car is...I'd prefer something newer wheel treatment wise...57 Caddy wheels...some Caddy Saber wheels....Skylark wires... The current caps were what...10 years old when this car was brand new? Still a righteous ride either way.

12. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Im with ya. The car needs different wheels and tires. I love everything elese.

13. seatex

seatex

absolutely stunning Elco!!!!

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It looks like a chopped down two/fourdoor hardtop convertible, the first chop was with the windshield unchopped, as far as I know.

15. Not to be nit picky but our club Los Phantoms had one of those trophys made for Pauls show. As for the car, I liked it before he re did it and I still think it is a way kool kustom. Everybody will want to tear it apart because it is not their style, when you build a car be prepared for the critics:cool:

16. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

Diggin' up this ole thread. Really dig that 1st version. I was thinkin' about this for longer on mine. The stock windshield is just too high. Now I just looked at another one to buy today and then I found this thread via google...

Does anybody know if this is the original Coupe/ Ragtop windshield? I was always afraid that it might be too laid back, so the roof would get too small.... hmm. It looks like it is that stock window. Anybody knows for sure?

Thanks.

My Caddy green semi gloss "Hillbilly De Luxe"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

18. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

Thanks.

I couldn't find the chop pics. My Puter is slow.... On which site do u start this?

Cheers.

19. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

I would normally agree with this, but the way this car is styled, I think they work. 99.9 % of the time they wouldn't.

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

21. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

man that el camino is right on!

22. El Camino Kid

El Camino Kid
    from 808

Its been 5 yrs since this thread started and I still find myself coming back to stare at this el camino. Too bad with the new hamb some of the pics were lost.

23. Kenny POtter

Kenny POtter

Outstanding craftsmanship on this Elco. Maybe I should have kept the two
    59 Elco's that I had.