Register now to get rid of these ads!

ETHANOL FREE STATIONS- post your location here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Traditions Racing, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Yes this is traditional, and important to ALL of us. I hope the Mods think so, and let it fly, if not please delete it. The first one I have is a B.P. station in Melbourne Florida, 1 block south of 192 on U.S. 1. I have a Sunoco in Port St Lucie, and I will get the address this week and add it to the list. Now its your turn to post yours.

2. racer32

racer32

3. racer32, that's insane, I thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my 26 thanks you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my John Deere thanks you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,my weed..........I know you get :D

4. racer32

racer32

You're welcome. A friend of mine on facebook turned me on to that site.

5. cryobug

cryobug

Watkins oil

175 Fisher Ave,

Titusville, FL

321-267-1725

6. 52pig

52pig

B.P.? Awesome, I love you guys.

7. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

Ummmm, whats the problem with ethanol?

Are you talking about E85? There arent many of those here, and unless youre paying the same price for e85 as regular gas, then I don't get it.

Older leaded motors should like the higher octane rating, I would think. Alcohol/ethanol...same diff, you could run it pure.

If buying pure gas is a problem where you live, why wouldn't you just tune to run ethanol.

Is it the fuel is damaging on your old seals and hoses? I might be able to understand that, but that's not usually a gripe In see on here, about ethanol.

Ethanol is coming, no matter how much you dislike it, and it helps to support more jobs here. Fix what you got to run it, I say.

And no all the food/corn isn't going to disappear.

8. JEM

JEM

Not true of ALL BP stations, most do NOT sell alcohol-free gas. Certainly true in California where the clowns in Sacramento would have us all trying to burn dishwater if they could. Oh wait, we don't have any water infrastructure either...

That pure-gas.org site is a nice find.

9. 52pig

52pig

Sorry, I was being sarcastic.

10. 52pig

52pig

Be careful, we've had these talks before, let them have their lists.

11. JEM

JEM

Well, beyond the things you already mentioned, you forgot the 10% reduction in mileage in anything modern enough to have an oxygen-sensor-controlled injection system.

I'll leave the rest of the food-vs-fuel discussion alone, except to note that there could be lots of jobs in oil/nat gas production too...

12. Sarcasm : noun. 1. harsh or bitter derision or irony. 2. a sharply ironical taunt, sneering or cutting remark. Yes sir, I think you nailed it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

13. Phucker, Mind-Control and Ethanol, kind of like the same thing only diffrent.

14. 52pig

52pig

Okay. I was just telling a lie.

15. This is the HAMB brother, we only accept VISA, Mastercard or sarcasm only, no personal checks and no lies.

16. 52pig

52pig

Dang, I was trying to be sarcastic again.
    Talk with you later, have a good day, I'm out.

17. RichG

RichG

The pumps here in Garfield are Ethanol free... I suppose that would be important if you got lost going to nowhere and got sidetracked to here instead.

18. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

52pig, yeah I just felt like stirring the pot a lil.

-

Traditions, I could say the same thing for regular fuel.

Whatever happened to people bragging about running alcohol in their hot rods..race cars...go karts...etc. Now its like "ohh nooooo, I cant run alcohol!"

-

JEM, actually I did cover the lessened mileage, with the paying the same price comment, e85 should be a slight bit cheaper.

Also, if I was worried about mileage, I'd go buy a Prius, or some crap.

And about the jobs, guess what doesn't grow over in the desert countries, where out troops are always sent....goods to produce ethanol. There are a few large ethanol plants out in the middle of nowhere Kansas here, for example.

I'm sure I could carry on a lot of other points, but I'm not doing all that typing. research it yourself, if you want to know.

19. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

The biggest problem I see is that we are paying companies .50 a gallon to make it.

Next is that it takes almost as much energy to produce it as you get out of it.

We already saw the price of corn jump and the price of meat going up as producers cut back due to feed costs.

20. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

Typically you will see a price hike like that, when more product is needed suddenly, and the infrastructure to produce enough isn't in place, but as our country starts to focus more on ethanol production, prices should decrease. If they dont, thats just outright greed, which I know there is a lot of greed out there, but you get that in regular gas too.

-

Sorry for kinda taking this thread offtopic, it is good to have a list of stations either way, I gotta go get some work done anyhow, so I wont be in yall's hair.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a great site, thanks for the link. I like the way you can print out the pages for the state or states you are going to be driving in too.

Luckily one of the stations listed is one that I go to all the time.

22. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

We ran methanol, not ethanol and it did damage components. We had to run carburetors made for methanol. The main reason we ran methanol was to keep the engine cooler. We could dump more fuel in without fouling the plugs.

23. RAY With

RAY With

24. 53 hemi

53 hemi

Good info here - I don't know how practical it is but I sail and marinas sell ethanol free gas.

25. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No ethanol-free stations here, in the whole state, as far as I know. Time to learn how to live with it.:mad:

26. racer32

racer32

Try tuning your lawn mower to run on ethanol. Or a stock-carbureted engine from 1964. Or a 1968 BMW motorcycle. Ethanol is fine and dandy for a modern, computerized, fuel-injected engine if you don't mind the hit you'll take in gas mileage. But, it's not so simple to tune a carburetor you can't find jets for. It takes almost 2x the amount of ethanol to make the same BTU's as gasoline.

You have to figure in the cost of manufacture and the effects on food prices, too. There's only so much free space available for corn production in the USA, and it's ALREADY being used to grow corn. Where will we get all this extra corn for making ethanol? Import it?

27. Time to get just a little technical here with all this talk of high octane with the ethanol. Both ethanol and methanol have a higher octane rating, which will increase fuel efficiency, BUT, either of the alchohol fuels have a much LOWER energy density than either gasoline or even diesel fossil fuel. Ethanol contains only 75% of the energy of the equvilent amount of gasoline and methanol only 67% which I'm sorry to say results in FEWER M.P.G.'s with the exact same " quantity" of fuel, all things equal. We haven't even touched on the highly "corrosive" fact of the alchohol fuels either. These are the facts, not my opinion. TR

28. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

WAIT soylent green is people?!!??!

29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Out here in California, unless you are talking E85, our ethanol blend gasoline does NOT have higher octane. Our pump grades are 87, 89 and 91. The fuel is 90:10 gasoline:ethanol. The gasoline in the mix just has lower octane to offset the octane boost from the ethanol, thus, same pump octane numbers.

Running E85 in an older car requires substantial changes to the fuel system. Much more fuel needs to be delivered. All old rubber needs to go. It is not just a matter of tuning.

E10 can be compensated for in an older vehicle, but that takes jet/metering rod changes, timing and even compression changes.

Running E10 in a modern car, without a fuel sensor to adjust for fuel grade/ethanol content (which constitute an extreme majority of the U.S. fleet) results in a loss in mileage, and an increase in per-mile pollution. It is in the science, and it is not just 3-6 mpg in a lot of cases, but a lot more.

30. My cars love ethanol. Many farmers went back to planting corn when they themselves invested in ethanol plants. This is not the type of corn we eat. I could go on but we have beat this ignorant misconceptions to death on the board. Use the search.