Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1960 merc suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim64, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Tim64

Tim64

Picked up a 60 merc today. Any suggestions on color choices or modifications? My plan was to leave the body stock except for a few moulding deletes, new suspension and bags, new interior, new chrome and polish the stainless. Leave the stock 430 mel motor in it. The car will be two tone! Thinking of scallops. Looking for color combo's. What do you think? Oh yah, anybody know of a new windshield for sale?

Attached Files:

2. Our local salvage yard, Yarbrough's Auto Parts, just pulled in a '60 Merc, same body style as yours, Tuesday morning. Pretty rough, too far gone to fix but still a lot of good parts on it. PM me if you want their contact info.

3. Cool cars,

Looks like some 59/60 Chevy already got your grill!;)

There is one in a local yard near me but that's about 3K miles away

4. I have some pic's of one that was at VIVA last year. I can post them when I get home. Love that body style. I would say,60's style Bellflower Custom....Astro Surpremes,Lace,flake,etc!

5. Tim64

Tim64

Hey Bob, that would be great love to see those pics. I was considering bellflower style. But, I got this for the wife and so far she's not keen on the bellflower style. She does want a flaked roof and possible scallops though. also, i like the Astro supreme wheel idea!
    Thanks, Tim

6. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

some type of deep green with fades and astros for sure, man i love that body style