Register now to get rid of these ads!

L. A. Roadster Show who's going ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, May 31, 2011.

1. NO - The covers are torn down. I was there Saturday and that area has changed a bunch. New center road laid out and Palm trees lining it.

It was brought about by changes the Fair Board made, not of the LA Roadsters doing

Not sure you will be in the same area this year Bob due to the layout changes.

Not sure the train area will be part of the Swap anymore - but there are a bunch of new trees in where the Roadsters and Commercial was.

The Whole So Cal, Walden's, Kennedy scene is worthwhile on it's own!

2. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Does anybody know how early we can line up for swap spots? Especially with the new 'layout'?

3. marvbarrish

marvbarrish
    from SoCal

Best show in SoCal hands down and I never miss it! Car show, swap meet and manufacturer exhibits. love it!

4. Question... If you've gotta pick just one day to go, what's best? Best swap meet day?

5. Saturday....

6. duce dreamer

duce dreamer

Another question....Is the So Cal / Waldons open house on Thurs or Fri ??

7. Troyz

Troyz

8. I am going with my dad, I can't wait. It's probably the only show that I will be able to attend in California this year. I hope we will be following the Phoenix Roadsters group on their annual trip there.;)

9. I'll be there hangin' with my fellow Peckerheads from Reno and my pops from Wash. After all, it is Father's Day. Let's Roll!

10. Mike

Mike

I'll see ya'll there. I plan on driving the Joe Barnett tub.

11. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

See you out there Mike, man I am worried aboat the new lay out, we usualy get thirty spots for all the car clubs, sounds like their is going to be less vendor spots this year, I wish Jack would post some info on where we need to line up, I usually get in line on thursday, I think they have a website, does any body have it ?

12. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Yes Sir!! I will be there... Im hauling a couple cars from the east to CA and loaded coming home! Hope the swap meet is as good as it has been! Great Show!

13. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I'll be there with my fellow California Roadster club guys . Should be another great weekend !

14. I'll be there fer sur

15. Always been on Friday night.
    SO-CAL Speed Shop - Pomona, CA
    OPEN HOUSE
    Friday, June 17th, 2011
    Hours 3:00pm to 7:00pm

16. RG49MERC

RG49MERC
    BANNED

its laroadsters.com..this is of their site
    Enter Gate #15 off Arrow Highway Move-in is Friday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturday 6:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Sunday 6:00 am.

is there going to be meet & greet???

17. Here's the layout for this years show
    [​IMG]

So it's not quite as previously described to me. It looks like the Swap and Specialty parking just kind of flopped places and both expanded toward the main part of th fairgrounds.

18. Why do I get the uneasy feeling that this year is going to be a huge cluster #!@K. Anytime there is change it always is a nightmare.

19. Change is GOOD. Without change, we wouldn't have the internet to bitch about how change sucks :D

20. I'm really kicking myself in the ass for this but I'll be in Vegas that weekend and wont be able to make it. Dammit to hell!

21. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WWW. laroadsters.com

22. I'll be flying the HAMB flag,if anybody wants to meet at the HAMB Camp at noon.

23. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I never miss it...

24. iddragracer

iddragracer

My Wife and I will be going for the first time can't wait for the 755 mile roadster drive finished in march for the LSRU had a great time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

The wife and I plan on being there with the banger.

26. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HAH!----All you latecomers should have seen the way it was in the late 60's & up to 1980 at the old Great Western Exhibit bldg. just off Atlantic blvd.
    Back then this was just a ONE DAY SHOW!--FATHERS DAY SUNDAY!
    That meant all of us LAR members had to work all day SAT. laying out chalk lines for swappers & exhibitors alike, getting everything set for the next day.
    As the afternoon ended on Sat. we would have an informal BBQ for LAR members on the work party,--Then it was go home--Get up at 4AM, return to Great Western,---Eat some quick breakfast---Start admitting roadsters for exhibition at 6AM---Swappers having been lined up on the side streets ALL NIGHT also were now being assigned to their spots.
    By 8AM when the gates were opened, the public came in at the outrageous rate of $1.50 per head!!
    As the day progressed (& it WAS a long day) we always were looking for a way to make a better Fathers Day event even better for the following year.
    When the English pewter engraved mugs were given out at the shows end at 4PM, & we picked up all the stanchions & gear, & left the grounds in clean order, it was time to wearily return home for a much needed rest before getting up on Mon.& going to work!!!
    All this area (Great Western Exhibit bldg.) now days is converted to a low cost housing project, & passing by on the Santa Ana fwy.at Atlantic, South side, you would never know it existed.

In 1980 we moved to larger facilities---L.A.County Fairgrounds, this was not only a MUCH larger area---But had the room for expansion too.
    Seeing the need for a longer duration show & swap, we went to a 2 day show the next year---To the present. So, changes??---You bet!

But, all us old timers will never forget the early years---Right!!

Enjoy the LAR show & swap for 2011!!!!--------Don

27. HAHA! That's an invite,of course....

28. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

im gonna try to make it out

29. KEITHMAN

KEITHMAN

Myself and five of my buds from the local Falcon club are making the trip from Phoenix, AZ. First time for me! Goin' to the NHRA museum Friday when we arrive, then out to the roadster show Sat. and Sun.

30. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Can I take my die cast "Bad Bob" Merc so you can autograph it?:rolleyes: