Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion @ Shadyside Dragway, Shelby N.C. 05/21/2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 10, 2011.

1. That trophy was so huge I had to get Ed and Amber to haul it home. As soon as I get it in the shop I'll shoot a good pic. Amazing! Humbling to get that award. There were many well deserving cars there.

2. edweird

edweird

thanks for the great pics daron.

3. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

count me in Next year! Sounds like a cool road trip

4. hotdamn

hotdamn

Daron, thanks for the pics! its like good guys:D

seriously good coverage!

5. 68novagirl

68novagirl

That was my dad's front end dragster in the swap meet area...David (910)639-2940

6. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

I'm anxious to see a pic of the trophy in your shop!

7. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Thanks 68NovaGirl.

8. 68novagirl

68novagirl

can anyone tell us the owner of the "Dirty Deuce" that was racing Sat. and how to contact them? Thanks

9. Sorry for the late pic posting. The awards showed the effort and dedication of the Geargoyles to do an event right. It really means a lot guys and doesn't go unappreciated!

Here's a couple o' shots of the "Timeless Tradition' award. Nice work!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JP AUTOMOTIVE

JP AUTOMOTIVE

Jp automotive 864 430 8485

11. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

The Dirty Deuce is a bad ass ride!

12. I have known Gene since I was 8 years old and grew up right down the road from him.
    He is one of the nicest guys I have ever had the pleasure of knowing,,and back in the day he was a serious drag racer.

I talked with him this past Saturday and he said he had a ball.

[​IMG]

This is his old Willys,,,which indecently he still owns although it is apart,,and No,It ain't for sale. HRP

[​IMG]

13. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That thing is awesome HRP!!! Tell him to get it back on the road for next year!!!

15. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Event shirts available again!

Ok, we sold out of event shirts at the show and several folks have been asking for them so we are going to have more printed! They will be printed to order only, so if you would like one please PM me. They will be $15 plus $2 shipping. I plan to take orders thru Sunday, June 12th.

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Curtis

16. A lot of guys here have encouraged him to get the Willys back together,several guys in our club that have known Gene all their lives have offered to put it back together no charge!,,who knows,,this deal might lite a spark! HRP

17. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

HRP you are correct. Gene is the real deal and a super nice guy. I would love to see his story written for all to read and marvel at his accomplishments!

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  18. GatorRacer

GatorRacer
    from Greer SC

You asked for it so we got it coming. Please PM if you want a poster from the Steel in Motion 2011 Show. All of the proceeds will go to the Operation Task Force, the non profit group raising money to help our military veterans that the silent auction at the show was for.

Poster is 18 x 12 and will look like the picture below. Only in Hi-Res so you all cant steal it. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  19. theracedude

theracedude

I love that pic! It would look cool in Black and white.

20. That Willys and your story about knowing him is awesome. Hey, what's so indecent about still owning it even though it is apart? :D

21. I would be remiss if I didn't clarify,,,as you know I was born and raised in the South and more often than not I get ahead of myself and didn't proof read my hasty comments and I sure did use the wrong word,,I thought I typed incidentally,,as in,,incidentally he still owns the car although it is apart.

Nothing indecent about it.:D HRP

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think it looks pretty good either way. I photoshopped it last week to look circa 1968.
    [​IMG]

23. Ha ha ha! I knew it! I just couldn't resist callin you out! :D
    Ya'll have fun tomorrow. I wish I was getting up early to meet up with you. I know it's going to be a blast and a trip to remember no matter how indecent you folks get!

24. Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  25. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Man my video skills SUCK!!!

26. Hey It's better than the video I had of the race. I'm glad to have it. Russ (Laydrag) said he took one but we'll never get to see it.

That video has convinced me I need sticker tires, that I need to leave the line at at least 5K RPM, and that I wasn't sliding around near as much as I thought

27. Hey 2dor, did the vid of me striping the ol' Can-o come out?

28. No - I guess it were WAY too dark - Couldn't see a thing and I didn't sit and listen to it :D

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Way better then the one I took when Josh blast down the strip with me riding shotty! :D

30. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^ "shotty" ^^^ ??? Is this some kind of especially non-hetero term for riding next to the driver? :D C'mon, JJ, man up yer language. :rolleyes: vic PS: Yo, Tudor - WOO!