Register now to get rid of these ads!

The New Little Pages

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 29, 2011.

1. John356

John356

Same problem as mr57 in post# 269,great content,crappy binding.Found two out six that were not falling apart.

2. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

The Little Pages is an "Annual," "Special" or "One Shot." Subscribers will not receive it, because it is considered an offshoot of R&C. Hopefully you will go to the newsstand, purchase one and enjoy reading it.

Hopefully this clears it up for you long time R&C readers!
    -Aaron

3. luciomduran

luciomduran

That's lame. Subscribers to R&C always miss out. We don't get the calendar or any other freebies that you can get on the newsstand. At least TRJ rewards those who subscribe with some cool stuff.

4. RF

RF

Hmmm, let's see, you get what, something in the neighborhood 80% off cover price by subscribing? But when it comes to a calendar or special, newsstand-only issue--the combined total less than dinner for two at McDonalds--the turd wastes no time flingin' off the fan blades. And, correct me if I'm wrong (nothing new), but at least TRJ charges a sub fee that reflects rewards, if you get my mathematical meaning...in R&C's numerical terms, 1 x 2 = 24.

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

Whats this about the crappy binding?

The issue I have here has staples.
    ( like a good old fashioned magazine should have...)

6. You got a great discount from the hooker and now you want her to make the bed on the way out as well?

7. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I ended up picking up 2 of them

8. RF

RF

What bed? I got plastic slip covers over the seats in my car...

9. Carwash with the windows down?

10. RF

RF

Nah, limo tint, full A/C...don't want her boss to see what she does on her breaks, he might get wise and ruin the trick

11. NoSurf

NoSurf

I like it.

Good job fellas. I liked the content. I thought alot of the ads were trad oriented. I especially like the color of the background for the text. Great job matching the aged pages of my other old littlebooks.

And I didn't see one 1932 Ford.

12. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I never noticed until you pointed that out. Haha. :D

It doesn't take a Deuce to make a good magazine and the Little Pages prove that. Hope to see more of this edition of R&C.

iPhone - TJJ App

13. Got mine @ Food Lion today.

14. Nice magazine. I found a copy at the Joplin Dillon's supermarket.

There were two copies.....I only got one, so one more available.

Does remind you of the small mags of yesteryear......I still have a few
    out in the garage.

15. michael037

michael037
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm still waiting.
    Michael

16. Interesting to read that Dragmaster built 200 chassis. Pat Bilbow of Lyndwood Welding Co in Wilkes-Barre PA (far from the epicenter of 50's-60's hot rodding) produced 400+ Lyndwood Eliminator chassis. For more see Lyndwood Eliminators social group here on the HAMB.

17. Rikster

Rikster

I just got my copy (thanks Tony)

Very nice lay out and feel of the heavy paper. Great job for the team responsible for it.
    But I do wonder if the title for this annual magazine is the right one!

6 pages out of 66 devoted to one Custom Car does not justify the title Rod & Custom's for me.
    With that title there should have been a bit better balance between Rod's and Customs.. at least in my opinoion.

So for next issue... if the same title will be use... please balance out the content a bit by using some more Custom Cars!...

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  18. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I got it a week or two ago. I really enjoyed it, so much so that I think I'm going to write a letter!

19. Abomination

Abomination

Ditto - I'm a "creaser", too. ;)

~Jason

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Got mine(thanks Wes!)..I really like it.

21. I picked up a creased copy (all of them were) at Book's a jillion about an hour ago. HRP

22. Whew...Finally found one at Sav-On Drugs in Birmingham, MI. I stopped off at Hunter House for a few take-out burgers to run down Woodward tonight and then since Hunter House only serves Pepsi, I stopped into the nearby Sav-On to grab a Coke and WHAM!! there it was...Finally.

23. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

So, Rob, how soon will we know if there will be another one?!

24. skoh73

skoh73

I have searched all of the bookstores and groceries near where I live and I still haven't been able to find one...

25. Exactly what I thought! 8 features and 1 was on a custom. Love the look and quality of the mag other than that.

26. i picked up two while i was in the states as i didnt have much confidence in finding them when i got home here to Australia, ive noticed the concern in the cover crease both copies i picked up had the crease through the cover but ill hold on to them all the same. good read, looking forward to the next installment.

27. Just got mine here in NZ - BRILLIANT! What an awesome publication. Way to go Rob & Aaron and team for putting this together.
    I heard about it a few months ago on here but didnt think it would make it here to NZ so you can imagine the excitement at the newsstand when I saw it. Very cool format, design and feature material

28. skoh73

skoh73

I actually caught the guy from Source Interlink stocking magazines at a local store. I asked him about the little pages and he had no idea what I was talking about-said he's never even heard of them. Sheesh.

29. Bought a copy at Walmart of all places....a few days ago.

I thought it was well done.

30. New issues will be out May 1st. According to the latest Rod'n'Custom.