Register now to get rid of these ads!

santa maria 2011 the good the bad the ugly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flyin flattie, May 30, 2011.

1. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

Like everyone els I worked my ass off the 2 weeks before the show. I finally got to do the final cut and buff on my girls 62 thunderbird that I was so proud of. This was the first big show that the car would have been going to and I was so happy for her. I worked on my chevy the week before and had it all ready for the long drive down also.

[​IMG]

The day of the drive down felt like any. You had all good thoughts and intentions of making it down, although you know you have that little thought of what if I break down, or what if.... So we kept on, passing a few cars on the freeway and feeling good we kept the cars at a cool 60-65 and all was well.

then this happend...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the lexis driver went to the E R but he was seemed ok they just took him to check everything out.
    [​IMG]

As we were all coming down the pass on 680 into fremont a semi truck started to come into the poor T birds lane. my girl friend seen this and moved over and stepped on it to get out of the way but it was to late. the semi pushed its tire and fender into the birds rear quarter making the tire pop, This sent the car into a fish tail effect and since i thought her to drive she said she didnt touch the brake well the car hooked to the right and sent her right into a lexis which flipped about 3 times. The semi stopped and the cops and paramedics came. The semi driver was smiling as he gave the report and the cops did a terrible job. The didnt set out road flares, they didnt send the truck driver for a pee test, and they had the nerve to ask if my girl friends car was still drive-able and asked if she "really liked that car."

after the wreck I called my dad and he came to the rescue with the good ol flat bed trailer. My girl friend had some neck pain and her hip hurt from the seat belt but she was a trooper and kept on with me in the chevy to santa maria.

we got to the show and here are the pics from the weekend hope you injoy them and I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to the Ray family, Dennis, Danel, And everyone who called and texted us over the ordeal it really helped her and I out. Thank you all and hope you injoy the rest of the pics :).

My wonderful chevy that did a great job there and back
    [​IMG]

the coolest merc around
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    watsons bird was so cool to see in person
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

3. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [IMG

]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/timelwess/santa%20maria/IMGP0135.jpg[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

end of the day we went bowling and I had a great time. My girlfriend was in some pain by then because it was the day after but she still had a good time watching all the drunk people trying to bowl.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. oh man so sorry for the t-bird. i loved your car at the show it so understated it is rad!

6. Jim P

Jim P
    from Tyler, TX

Glad no one was hurt badly. So sorry for the bird.

7. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Hey man, so sorry about your girlfriends car. That just totally sucks canal water. Hope she's O.K. and that the insurance companies treat you right and you're able to fix or replace the T-bird.
    Thanks for posting the wonderful pictures. They're really, really nice shots.

8. sledish

sledish

Man, my heart sank when I scrolled down to the wreck pictures, God bless your girl didn't get hurt any more than she did, sorry it even happened, Thumbs up to your positive attitude ! Ki

9. That really sucks about your girls T-bird, but I'm sure glad she's okay! Looks like it turned out to be a good day afterall!

10. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

That sucks! Your girl's T-Bird looked clean too.. Hope insurance helps out to the fullest extent. Karma will come back and get that semi truck driver some day. :mad:

Your girl's definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing your photos from the show.

iPhone - TJJ App

11. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

She has to be tougher than she looks. Glad she is okay.

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Man, what a bummer...After all that work to have some A-hole trucker cause that...hope he got the ticket...

R-

13. Bummer about the T-bird. Glad there were no serious injuries.

14. havi

havi

Glad she was ok! That's more that can be said about the other accident. :(

Nice pics, too!

15. Shit!!! Im just glad to hear that you guys are ok.

16. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Man, I think I would have come unglued if that truck driver was smiling. Sorry for your girlfriend and her car. You got a real "keeper" there since she continued the trip. Thanks for the great pictures.

17. Glad everyone is O.K!!, sucks about the Bird, some of the best pics posted!!!!! Thank you, TR

18. Sorry to hear about the bird. I have had a fascination for your Chevy for some time now. Simple and clean. Glad you are both alright. Keep it up.

19. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Sorry about that whole ordeal ! Glad your girlfriend is okay, and hope the Insurance people come through. That was truly a nice 'Bird, and I can see LOTS of cash flow needed to put it back together.

Also, hope that she doesn't have any future problems that come up because of the accident: you have to understand that no matter how "well" she seemed, she WAS in shock after it happened. And sometimes, after you get leveled-out that's when some problems from an accident start to show themselves. Pains, bruises, strains, sprains, etc., can all come to the forefront a few days later.

I wish you both only the best...and hope that nothing else happens as a result of that horrible situation.

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

PS: Nice looking Chevy ! Good use of RARELY used Olds caps.

20. peter johnson

peter johnson

So sad mate,glad your girls ok!Hey lets get that bowling ball and go visit the truck driver!

21. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

22. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

thank you everyone for your encouragement :) makes things a little better.

23. zep058

zep058

Oh lord! Sorry for the loss of your bird and glad your girlfriend is okay,but do get her neck pain checked out as it can come back to haunt her.
    Man, that sucks bigtime!

24. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

sounds nice to me lol

25. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

she went to the E R today and they checked her up and down. They said everything was fine!!! The only problem was her neck was a little bent and they said that it was from her muscles being so tens. so she got some muscle relaxers and they are setting her up with some physical therapist sessions to help with her hip and such.

26. skyrodder

skyrodder

glad to hear your girl and you came out ok, sorry to hear about the bird, hopefully you can get it back on the road soon, and cool pics too

27. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Nice pics its a shame about the thunder bird though.

28. I simply cannot believe, that the semi driver didn't have to take a drug test immediately after the accident. I have a Commercial Driver's License, and if I so much as ding a bumper, or have something fly off a load and crack a windshield, I have to pee test, within 24 hours, or my CDL is gone. And of course, if they find ANYTHING, or even a zero point zero zero zero zero one blood alchohol level, I'm gone, and most likely so will my CDL.
    Do you know the name of the company the guy was driving for? Was it on the door of the truck, or on the trailer/box he was hauling? I'd want to get in contact with the company he was driving for, and make certain he filled out the company accident report... And DO NOT repeat DO NOT sign anything from anyone's insurance company !!! IMPERATIVE !!!!! Your gal is "okay" and "just fine" now, but wait a week, or two, and see how she feels. It can take weeks for things to show up after an accident like that.
    And remember the whole premise behind insurance "The Injured Party shall be, as they were, 1/1000th of a second before the Impact, and resulting trauma to them, their passengers, and their belongings".
    Don't let that truck driver get away with it. He's supposed to be a professional. That is his living, just like everyone else does something for a living.
    And yeah, that young lady is a Keeper Deluxe... after seeing her 'Bird mangled, she kept on going, had a good time, AND went bowling afterwards?
    Dude, I'd be thinking seriously about making some permanent lifestyle changes for that one...

29. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Sorry to hear about the T-bird. lots of bad stuff happened on the way to Santa Maria this year. Thanks for posting some good pics!

30. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

thanks for the advise buddy and your right about everything. We are going to make sure of everything and try are best to make things right since it wasnt her falt. Thanks again for the great advise :).