Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. hcontla

hcontla

Sled
    This car is a replica Oldsmobile 1903 curved dash made in Cuernavaca Morelos by Eusebio Olvera, this is the four passengers model, the engine is koler or Brigs S. the last one made was in 1999 when my friend and teacher Eusebio Olvera pass away, all the components even the rims were made by Eusebio. Regards

2. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Didn't notice the 35 had a 34 grill at first too busy drooling, always wanted a 35 coupe.

3. oz40

oz40

Sled, where art thou?
    I need more of the old tin fix.:)

4. FlatheadJake

FlatheadJake

Sled
    All this stuff you have found is amazing. Now I feel like
    I should go down there myself.
    FHJ

5. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda
    from Virginia

Heres a link to a Mexican on line trader type site for classic cars. Don't have any idea about the exchange rate, so I don't know what the asking prices are in US dollars, but there is a gold mine of rust free iron south of the border. Below is a link for a quick search of 1959 model year cars and trucks. You can of course search by make instead.

http://www.autoclasico.com.mx/site/..._Fabricante=0&idsocio=-1&o=R&q=1959&strBuscar=

One thing to keep in mind is that there were variations of American cars made there that weren't available in the US. For example the Valiant Acapulco hardtop and convertible in 65 was the same as the US Valiant Signet, except it had the Barracuda grille from the factory. The 67 Dodge Coronet 440 and 500 in Mexico, came from the factory with the 66-67 Charger hidden headlight grille. The 67-69 Mexican Valiant was available as a 2 door hardtop as well as sedans. In the US, only post sedan Valiants were made. The early 70's Super Bee was a Duster in 70-72 and a Dart Sport and then Volare after that. I know there were other differences as well on other makes, so look closely as you view the various cars for sale on that site.

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  6. I wonder how the numbers of known surviving rare autos would change if there was some way verify what's left in Mexico?
    Wow it's amazing what's out there. I browsed through all the photos in this thread. Fantastic job Sled!
    I'm sure it's been asked but I didn't come across a post about how hard is it to bring a car back from Mexico to the US?
    Oh yeah, BTW...subscribed!

7. Colville

Colville

Wow, that hearse is something!

8. Yeah, people are just dying to get a ride in it.:D

9. <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=white><TD width="50%">[SIZE=-2]click on values to see graphs[/SIZE]</TD><TD width="25%" align=right>[SIZE=-1] 1 MXN [/SIZE]</TD><TD width="25%" align=right>[SIZE=-1] in MXN [/SIZE]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>[SIZE=-1] American Dollar [/SIZE]</TD><TD align=right>[SIZE=-1] 0.0858937 [/SIZE]</TD><TD align=right>[SIZE=-1] 11.6423 [/SIZE]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD>[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

10. That question has been asked many times on here.
    Just PM Sled or myself and you will get the details.

11. hot4hotrods

hot4hotrods
    from U.K

AYE CARUMBA! What an amazing exciting life you have Sled. I'm very envious.While I get up everyday to work in a factory, you are hunting down the coolest tin ever produced in the history of automobile production. Looks like you work very hard at it, Keep it up.
    Just out of curiosity, what would a 30/32 Ford Model A - 3/5 window coupe cost to buy and then have shipped to the U.K?
    Strangely, sitting here the last few hours reading this thread has made me want fajitas!

12. Every year this has come up and I can't believe the amazing tin that is still down there!

13. I'm only curious at the moment. I can barely afford to put gas in my daily driver right now so I'm only dreaming about cars like these.

14. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

that 61 Impala..man I love those bubbletops....

15. jchum

jchum

What are the prices like down there and dose anybody know how hard it is to bring one here i tried with a vw mexi beetle for a friend of mine and the us wouldent let us register it

16. I don't know how or why DMV decides which cars can be registered here, but I imagine it can be done. Just wonder how much they will rape you for with a ride from Mex.

17. jchum

jchum

Maby not so bad if the car was built in the u.s orig.

18. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Hey there Sled,,, ever see any American Bantams?? the Woody wagon kind of course,,,

19. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Man I sure like that 56 chev.

20. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

21. hershambob

hershambob

i friend has just imported this into england,came out of mexico,dont know where exactly
    [​IMG]

rjones35 likes this.
  22. hcontla

hcontla

Hi Guys
    I just find this Dinalpine made in Mexico, close to my house, all time covered with this cover, hard to know what car is it at least for the small size, next to buy it and restore it. This car is very hard to find in Mexico and many of them have been exported to France lately. Regards from Mexico

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  23. Truckeez

Truckeez

Hi, I have my own version of the hood,its not identical ( the ridge running down the middle is smoothed off-and on the front header), and the apatures are swept angled back matching the line of the front edge of the hood. its got a full inside liner with the center hole like a regular cowl hood.

24. jipp

jipp

very cool thread. only been to mexico a couple times. i did not go far enough away from the boarder to see any real deals ( did eat some dang good food at some small mom and pa restrunts tho at a great price). i just mean regular stuff in general never thought of looking for cars in mexico.. figure be a hassle to get it over here i guess.. but yeah living so close im sure it would cost me a arm and a leg even for a t bucket body. will just have to save up for a glass one for my winter project.
    chris.

25. let's see these on EBAY

26. why?

27. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

what is involved in repatronizing the US made vehicles?

28. Been asked & answered many times on the HAMB.
    Just pm SLED and he can fill you in.
    He has send many back to the USA and workwide for that matter.
    Even sends them to New Zealand ... :D:D

29. joel torres

joel torres

Sled are you ok i miss the photos

30. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Yeah, Sled,

Hope all is well with you.

Drop us a line sometime.