Register now to get rid of these ads!

Four doors were cool too!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stratocaster, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

and still cooler than a new 2 door !!

2. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

If I own a car with 4 doors .... 2 are spare parts
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

3. They aren't cool to me, unless it is a wagon.

4. DamnYankeesKustoms

DamnYankeesKustoms

REALLY do a quick search....

Some cars do look better as two doors; yes.... however there are several cars that you have to look at twice to realize that they are in fact 4 doors. As far as the "flow" of the car, hmmm, how many of these car have to be chopped or modified in some way to get the "flow" right.

5. shainerman

shainerman

lets talk about Kia Fortes

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Your car is certainly not the typical 4-dr., Dave.

High School (San Jose, CA., 1956) was the great standard-setter for many of my friends...

Don Abreu drove a '34 four door sedan to school, metallic silver-blue...T.J. white tuck & roll w/ black piping, Dago axle, wwws, black steelies and baldies.
    His was the ONLY fourdoor considered 'cool'. I always said, "Yeah, kinda, but it's still a four door."
    I had a fenderless 'A' rdstr channelled over Deuce rails. I wouldn't be caught dead in a four door. Or with a fat broad. Or with an Ivy League haircut. Or off-brand jeans. (Levi's for me) Or a Boy Scout knife. (mine was a side-swing pushbutton Italian stilletto, black handles, 6" closed)
    My, how I've 'mellowed out'! (but only ONE of my 9 cars is a four door, a '47 Ford Fordor. And it's moving into my 'Favorites'. Still have my 'blade, too. So don't knock it, Daddio. LOL

7. Many of you forget that in the 60s in the Stock classes 4drs,wagons and convertables were preferred platforms due to the weight/CID breakdown.

Yes, 2drs are usually better lines but there were other reasons for a person to run a more door. Geez, I just typed a reply identical to one I did here in 2000, yes this horse is dead.

8. But that didn't make them any less ugly did it? :D

9. stratocaster

stratocaster

I guess I was just thinking about the cars I grew up around in the old days again.Sorry gang!!! Got the point.Cease fire.

10. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

my dad back in the forties... born and raised in hollywood (before it was hollyweird)... had NO problem with 4 doors... they were cheaper! edit: just remembered that I WAS COOL because I had a 2 door amc pacer !!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  11. Abomb

Abomb

You can't throw a grenade and then call "cease fire".......:D

12. If you look through the little pages, and pay attention, you can see occasional features on 4-door cars, and in the drag coverage, people racing them too. Not common, but not unheard of.

13. paladin138

paladin138
    from dewey,ok

I remember a blue '46-'48 Ford 4dr cruising Nevada Ave in Colorado Springs in the '60's. Straight axle,nose high attitude,sounded good. Didn't know what it was running but the car just looked 'bad'.

14. As poor kid from a hard working poor southern family the only transportation was a early 50's Dodge 4 door,,was it cool?,,,Heck no,,, but it beat walking.

As a teenager all the really cool cars in the high school parking lot were 2 doors,,but they were few a far between.

As I have gotten older I appreciate some of the older 4 doors and will confess I think some of them look better than their 2 door counterparts,,,but not all of them.

I love my 4 door Deuce,,is it cool? in my eyes it is but it doesn't matter if Joe Blow 2 door likes it or not.:rolleyes: HRP

[​IMG]

15. rld14

rld14

Danny,

I'm gonna have to go out on a limb here and say that's a pretty damn cool car! (That I'd love to own).

I love my Fordor 54 Ford but it's not a real Kustom or anything, just a somewhat presentable driver.

16. One more reason is it's twice as hard to get your doors blown off!

I've seen a number of threads about converting 4 doors to two doors, but how many threads on converting a tudor to a 4 door?

Hmmmm..................maybe we need a thread on how cool cardigan sweaters are.:eek:

17. dmikulec

dmikulec

Might as well beat this poor horse some more... but ya know, when you're behind the wheel and cruising down the road in a ride you brought back to life with your own two hands, the view over the hood is the same no matter how many doors it has.

What other folks may think is cool or not cool doesn't matter to me. ;)

Just my 2¢. :cool:

18. How about a body style normally seen as a 2 door,,,this car is being built for Eric Clapton,,,yeah,,that guy. HRP

[​IMG]

19. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

More doors more whores!

My daily is a 51 chev 4 door. But as far as I'm aware there were no 2 doors in Australia unless they were imported and LHD. I'm currently sussing out some coupe doors for the chev because I really don't like the way the door line cuts into the rear quarter and I can't afford a coupe so I'm just gonna make one!

20. dmikulec

dmikulec

Thumbs up! :cool:

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Prolly true...but there's a bunch of them "other folks" out there that are going to offer their 13 cent opinion whether you want it or not...!!!

Back in my small town in Iowa, in 1961...four doors were "Daddy's" car...and no one wanted to go cruising in "Daddy's" car...all the cool guys owned two doors, hardtops (and converts) - Chevys and Fords predominantly...

R-

22. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Four Doors are still cool !! I really like them when lowered...:)
    While I prefer two doors, I can tell you that back in the early 60's I got more snatch in my Dads four door Rambler than anyone else that thought they were cool in any amount of doors..!!!
    No brag, Just Fact....:eek:
    Cheers....

23. I agree with 40StudeDude that back in the 60's the 4 doors were momma's cars and I was a teenage during those years but a lotta guys on here now grew you and cut their teeth on Honda's & Toyota's so they like 4 doors.

But back in my day until I got a job it was momma's car and a 4 door ride was better than a proud walk! :D HRP

24. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Snatch"? Now there's a '60's term I haven't heard in a while.:D

25. Well I don't consider myself ancient yet (heh), I got my license in 76. Four doors, wagons, falcons, blah blah blah were not cool at all.

Now I take each car or truck on its own merits. Kinda like women, I realize now there is more to women than a pretty face and a nice pair ... LOL, Im sorry I just went too far =)

Just kiddin ladies ;)

26. fryguy

fryguy

HRP, your post basically sums it up. Name recognition and perception of 'Cool'. Whether it be Eric Clapton or the Captain of the football ball, everybody was chasing the perception of being cool. Unless of course you were the captain of the football team. Most of the posts by people saying they would never drive a 4 door car were so far behing in the cool factor that to drive a 4 door car would basically kill their High School Cred. A lot of times the car does not make the man, the man makes the car. . . .

-Fryguy

27. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

As a senior in high school in '72, I can safely state that my '41 Chrysler Windsor 4 door sedan, while it was unusual, and a nice old car, was definately NOT cool. Niether was my parents '65 Olds Jetstar 88, although it would spin the right rear tire as long I kept my foot down!

Brian

28. One_sic_C

One_sic_C

:cool:The longer the better!

Attached Files:

29. My momma didn't drive 4 door cars, '50 Chev coupe, '55 BelAir 2dr post, '61 Impala
    2dr hardtop, and her final car, which I bought for her, was a '64 Chev 2dr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.