Register now to get rid of these ads!

roadster wreck on 101

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VNTGE41, May 27, 2011.

1. GARY?

GARY?

Ah man, I don't really know what you are going through but I'm sure it sucks in the worst kind of way. Really sorry brother.

I'll drive my roadster and remember...not sure what else too do.

take care, G

2. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

sad news...know that stretch of freeway very well...alot of speeding in that area. Prayers and condelences to his family. Godspeed Eric.

3. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Spoken like a true Biker. I hear ya. You can never let your guard down even within the cage.

Whether its riding or driving. No one sees you!
    Being locked down in grid lock and getting rear ended...one of my worst nightmares.
    So sad..

4. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Thoughts & prayers....this is one of my biggest fears....our little cars are just no match for todays cars an trucks....be extra extra careful out there everybody, you have to drive for the other guy as well.

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Terrible, terrible stuff all around. Truck obviously was going pretty fast when he should have been stopping, Everything and everyone is invisible to a person looking at a phone of a job ticket or something.
    Ejection really, really sucks too, takes away all hope. Put in belts of some kind, everyone...looks like front seat area is almost intact, maybe he could have survived even that truck impact if he had been tied down.
    Lots of people out there wouldn't notice a strobe light on a Zeppelin in front of them...nothing you can do to help yourself but leave space in front of you, try to plan a side escape route where possible and keep your eye on the rearview when sitting stopped!
    Pray for the survivor and the family. Demand flogging or something for cell phone drivers.
    They will get all of us eventually.

6. I'm going off line for an extended period of time as my best friend was killed this morning driving my Hot Rod to a show. Don't know when I'll be back.

Skip

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My thoughts are with you, sir! Very sorry for your loss!

8. plan9

plan9

Take care man.

9. Mike

Mike

Very sad news. My condolences to all who knew him.

We all drive our old machines and accept the risks of mingling with an often incompetent general driving public. We have developed our driving skills and habits accordinlgy.

A few years ago,driving my Duece Tudor north of Kingman AZ, I spun at 70 mph as a result of a hit from an inept Honda driver. I walked away without a scratch. At the time I realized what a lucky bastard I was. This really drives that realization home.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends of the victim in this tragic accident.

11. TinShed

TinShed

Skip, that is sad to hear man, I wish there was something I could do to help with your struggles.:( Be well, I will think about your losses and the family all weekend!

12. lowongas

lowongas

Wow..I was so happy to get 4 days off and enjoy the Holiday but when I saw this my heart starting to sink....I didnt want to open it but I did..I dont know Eric nor never met him but he was one of us...This is truly a SAD day.I was rear-ended by a drunk driver 2 years ago while I sat a red light,he was going in excess of 60 mph....Makes you wonder...Better throw the fucker that hit him in jail for life.!!

13. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Damn, that sucks.

14. I hope this would go without saying, but I think it you should know: Do not blame yourself. It was not your fault.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My thoughts and prayers to Eric's family and friends during this most difficult time.

16. clinthull

clinthull

He was not ejected from the truck when we arrived on scene he was in the truck and he had already passed away. I know it doesn't make it any easier but he did go instantly and did not suffer. He passed doing what he loved. I hope it sheds the slightest bit of light on the situation. Truly sorry for the loss, my prayers and thoughts go out to family and friends.

17. SlamIam

SlamIam

So terribly sad, so sorry for the family's and friend's loss of the young driver. Hope the passenger recovers completely.

My wife suffers from an accident 8 years ago when she was stopped at a railroad crossing for a passing train, gates down, bells ringing, lights flashing. Elderly driver with almost no eyesight came along and plowed into the back of her without even braking. Three surgeries later my wife still has numbness on one side and probably always will. She now drives the biggest SUV we can afford because the surgeon said another rearend accident like that in a smaller car could leave her a quadraplegic.

18. LOWLYDE

LOWLYDE

My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved! It was a sad and quiet drive to Santa Maria, this made my wife and I so sad,it's hard to see stuff like this, we are one big car family and I just lost a brother!!

19. ToDieFor

ToDieFor
    from MN

Jesus this is absolutely terrible!

20. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

not really sure what to add other than prayers. reading skip pipes post made my gut drop. evryone else make sure to stay safe this holiday weekend. damn....

21. BigBlackCadillac

BigBlackCadillac

Sorry to hear about this,awful.Prayers go out to all involved.

22. lucky ink

lucky ink

prayers out to family! wish hot rodders could just be left alone!

23. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

So...the ejection was then false news...doesn't change the basic bad news of a death due to someone not stopping, but is discouraging nonetheless. Belting into a tiny car didn't do enough. Model A no match for modern truck outweighing it 3 to one. Not a surprise, I guess, but terrifying hotrod news just the same. Nothing to do but try to keep an eye on the mirror and hope we have a quick enough escape path in mind...
    Nothing left in this one but to pray for the injured and those who have lost a friend or realative.

24. 133

truly is tragic news. to friends and family i'm sorry for your loss. any word on the cause of the accident? hopefully this doesn't affect hot rodding in a negative way with the people in Sacramento.

25. hotroddn56

hotroddn56
    from usa

I have read the entire thread and seen this on Facebook. I am so sorry and feel bad for a loss of a brother in our scene and community. Eric Doran may you rest in peace and as stated here in the HAMB he went doing what he liked. Like most of us would say...If I go I want to be in my ride cruising at the end. Im also glad he was not ejected and it was fast. A seat belt would not have saved his life in this case. I hope for a fast and speedy recovery for his wife and the journey will not be easy. Big E Crankensteins CC So Cal

26. raidmagic

raidmagic

Wow this is just horrible. My thoughts and prayers to him, his family and friends.

27. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Clint..Dude I don't know how you do first responder. My hats off to you.

28. LBCD

LBCD

Such sad news. Prayers for friends and family.

29. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

30. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

again thoughts and deep concern go out to all family and friends for your loss... Clint thank you for the additional info which might give some comfort, and thank you and other firefighters- your job is not an easy one.