Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steele In Motion North Carolina

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seadog, May 21, 2011.

1. customs by jason

customs by jason

yeah next year you got to unleash the buick flat-foot

2. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I may be able to hang with some of the mini bikes. You are going next year, hopefully in a shoebox!

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  3. customs by jason

customs by jason

hopefully im going next year maybe in a shoebox still waiting for that dude to email me back

4. TUCKERBOY

TUCKERBOY

From the look of those broke parts looks like Cary had the coupe set on MURDER !

5. [​IMG]

A Model Man, you should hang on to this and turn it into the Hard Luck Award for next year's event.

6. A Model Man

A Model Man
    from S.Carolina

Seadog, I will let Curtis know. We'll use that as a centerpiece and the rest of the Carnage around it! Good idea.Lets see if I can post the chunk pics.

7. JohnnyBootlegger

JohnnyBootlegger
    from NC

Guys, I thought the event was great and it was good to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in a while. However, I really think next time, there should be some type of tech inspection for the cars going down the track. I don't fault the Geargoyles at all, but rather the racetrack itself. I hate to be a buzzkill and I'm all about run what you brung, but some of those cars didn't look too safe. I've raced at tracks up and down the east coast and I don't think some of that stuff would go over too well.

I thought it was luck that no one else crashed, besides the old guy. I know people didn't even have seatbelts in some cars, much less a helmet. I even saw one guy in an open top roadster suicide shifting the car, the shifter located on the OUTSIDE of the car.

Again, I had a great time and it was a good event, just something to think about. I'll be looking forward to next year, I think I've caught the drag racing bug again!

8. TUCKERBOY

TUCKERBOY

Ok I'm trying to get get Cary (a model man) to go to the hamb drags it would be a great place for a rematch!

9. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

If the pics are on your computer when you hit reply scroll down and hit manage attachments and it will load them from there.

10. I held off on saying anything along these lines, but since you brought it up, I'll say I totally agree. It's all shits and giggles until somebody gets hurt. I really enjoyed the day and hope to run a car next year, but some of the things I saw were over the top. When did three passengers going down the track become safe? ...And was there a crash wagon on scene? Maybe it was there and I just didn't see it. Just sayin'...

11. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

I thought that was odd as well - no medical personel present at the track. I would think usually there would be a paramedic or two standing around just in case.

12. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

In regards to safety, we are already discussing changes for next year with many of your suggestions implemented. Right or wrong, we went along with normal track policy but will have our own set of rules and personnel in place with primary focus being safety. As we move forward you will see the new safety policy on our website, hopefully by this fall, just so everybody is aware of the expectations. Thanks for your input and we will see you in 2012 with a safer Steel In Motion!

Thanks,
    Curtis

13. edweird

edweird

well said,curtis. you're a first class dude!

14. I knew it was gonna be awesome, sorry I missed it... Gonna put it on the calendar for next year!!!

15. hotdamn

hotdamn

well said edweird!

once more and I'll shut up:D

but seriously you guys put on the best show I have seen locally.

there are always gonna be some "R" word stuff no matter where you go but this was the first show I've been to locally that had as much if not more quality cars than questionable.

and let me tell you I'm a hard sell! :D

thanks again guys, I look forward to next year and Im staying late/camping no matter what, (unless it monsoons of course!)

16. Man the overnightin' was great! Plenty o' room, plenty o' stars in the sky, really relaxin' an' conducive to BSin', plenty o' tunes. Lookin' forward to the Iron Lords hangin' next time.

Another shout out to Curtis and the Geargoyles for the awards. Man y'all went over the top on them babies! The bar has been set HIGH. The time put into 'em shows what the cars and event means to the Geargoyles. They were all a genuine gift to be appreciated. I'll have to get a pic up of the 'Timeless Tradition' award for those that couldn't make it to the festivities. Definitely mark your calenders for next year (and kick yourself in the butt for not makin' it this year:D), you'll be glad you did!

Round of applause for the Geargoyles!

Havin' the girls flag at the starting line was a GREAT idea. I've gotta buy that man (or gal...) a beer that came up with that. Thanks GALS!!!

17. edweird

edweird

yea! what he said!

18. OK, finally got a little 'spare' time to unload and upload a pic or two.

Here's the 'Timeless Tradition' award the fellas made. Really nice job!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again guys.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Couldn't think of a better car for it to go to 3dnsouth!!! But you knew I loved your car already didn't you?

It's baby blue too! Hint hint!!!

20. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Tim, Great pics! We were simply amazed at the history behind your car and the car itself! Truly a TIMELESS TRADITION!