Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 62 Impala Garage find.....Kinda out of my element...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, May 14, 2011.

1. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

You did the right thing, offering to patch the holes in the garage and not trying to talk him out of it. I bet he has a ton of stories about the car, and I bet when he is ready to sell you will be the first person he contacts.

2. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

maybe he knew the deal was a 'no-go' so he's getting in the owner's good graces to move to #1 spot when he finally sells. that'd be my approach...

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or maybe Dave's one of the good guys who knows that positive actions and attitudes net rewards not often rec'd by others.

4. Jimm56

Jimm56

Disappointing end to the story, but you made the right call. Do what you can for him, he sounds like a really good guy. Here's hoping his health improves enough that you can help him reassemble and drive the car.

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

6. tradrod

tradrod

Pure Class....wish more people had it.

7. Church

Church
    from South Bay

You're a good man, Dave.

8. ScottV

ScottV

DAMN !!!!!!!!

Some guys have all the luck (some guys have all the pain ...)

I really like these cars, in the shop where I have my HA/GR is my friends Dad's '63 SS 409 4-speed of which he is the original owner !!!!! Yes I drool alot when I am there !!!

9. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Good call Dave. I'm sure helping to clean up and patch up the garage will yield some killer stories, which would be payment enough for the effort. Worst case, you'll have made a friend. You should offer him a ride in the truck too!

I agree though, that if you do end up with it, (and your karma is certainly good enough for that happen) then putting it back together as minimally invasive as possible will yield a car worth probably just about any done family cruiser that you could want if you decided to sell it.

10. 70L34

70L34
    from Detroit

That's great - props for not pressuring the guy to sell. Hope you're able to make a deal on it when he's ready.

11. Ramblur

Ramblur

Righteous move, Dave.:cool:

12. 62 tempest nashville

62 tempest nashville

is the car still there ?
    what ever happend with it ??

13. Any updates on this ?

14. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Better act like you're not too sure if you want it or not but buy it for sure. Don't act excited about it or the price will go up. BUT WHAT EVER YOU DO, BUY IT!!

THAT WILL BE "THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY" IF YOU DON'T.

15. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Update..............This may happen towards the end of next week.........If all goes well......its really going to be alot of work pulling this car out....Its crazy that this car has been in this garage since 67....Dave

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

16. impalamark

impalamark

Standing by for news . Hope it works out for you and the owner . That cars going to be quite a story !

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

subscribe!!!!!!!!

18. x 2

19. hanging...by...a.thread...

20. Babyearl

Babyearl

Good on you Dave,, Wish I was in your neighborhood to help you get her out of the garage. Now we will find out what all is there. I won't sleep a wink tonight,,Keep us posted.

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Holy shit. And yes, its a musclecar, so what? I'd gouge a nuns eye out with a hot poker for that car...

22. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Holy Cow Littleman! I'd gouge my own eye out for that! I would love to make that drivable, just so I could beat on it for a while before the frame up resto! Hope it all works out for ya.

23. loudbang

loudbang

Now I have four of your threads subscribed that is a record for me LOL. Can't wait for the deal to get done.

24. Those are beautiful cars can't wait until you get it out of the garage start digging through it.

Be sure to check the rear part of the frame that tend to disappear after a couple of years

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

25. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

You are a lucky, lucky man!

It shouldn't take long to get those little trees out of the way.

26. slowmotion

slowmotion

Man, what a find & what a story. You're a stand-up guy with the patience of Jobe, Littleman. I commend you for that. So many others would have been on that like a vulture on roadkill. You did it right, and I hope you are rewarded for your actions.

That is a super desirable car of that era, only to be topped by a maybe a bubbletop. With it's one owner history, low miles, high horse 409, it deserves to be done right. And I figure that will happen eventually. Good on ya man, keep us posted.

27. Do you have to cut the tree down to get the car out? Better ask the tree warden first........

28. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope you get her , there´s no better Christmas present than a 62 409 Impala...what a find!

29. WOW...i remember reading this the first time, and wanting it so bad....go get it!