Register now to get rid of these ads!

Home Paintjobs, Acrylic / 2pac? Post Your Pictures!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28A, May 24, 2011.

1. I'm gonna be repainting one of my cars in the near future, and was thinking of doing it in 2pac as its currently got a bare metal 2pac respray on it. Acrylic is of course the cheaper route, but i'd like to see what all of you blokes have done in your own sheds / garages with both 2pac and Acrylic so it can help me make my mind up what would be the better option.

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Didn't 2pac get shot and die a few years back?

3. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

RUDE , BUT funny

4. BJR

BJR

WTF is 2pac? Do you mean basecoat/clearcoat, or enamel or urethane with a catalyst?

5. TRIK3R

TRIK3R

I sprayed my O/T projects right at home with Dupont Ful-thane and used the integrated clearcoat and have had great luck with it. the integrated clear does not delaminate from the color as does a base/clear.
    This is where it still sits after being sprayed, assembled waiting on the SBC and TH350 to be dropped in, it has not been wet sanded or rubbed out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  6. bauschracing

bauschracing

Just shot this last week in the garage. It is Omni acrylic enemal with hardner, if that is what you mean by a 2 pack. Bought the paint off of ebay for less than $40. a gal. The ebay vendor has about 25 colors and added extra flake to the paint.
    Only problem that I had was that my Sharpe#775 spray gun did not work properly and I had to use a C/P cheepy gun. But all worked fine. Shot at 50lbs at the gun.

Attached Files:

7. dartracer

dartracer

My O/T with base clear.

Attached Files:

8. auto air colors/virtus HS clear. shot in my 2 car garage.

[​IMG]

9. RDR

RDR

used Sherwin Williams BC/CC on this project....sprayed it in '97 and so far it has held up well....car has over 100,000 miles since, with many chips and clear seems to stay stuck.....not my favorite way to paint tho'....gimme lacquer

Attached Files:

10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

ebay pics 200.jpg 69 firebird straight enamel and black gmc sprint ,Both Enamel and color sanded Sorry second pic is of the firebird I only have pictures of the sprint .That gmc has been pictured here in one of the threads.......,None in the computer

ebay pics 950.jpg

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  11. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

12. Acrylic enamel painted inside my garage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. gas pumper

gas pumper

This is Nasson Acrylic with hardner. Mist coat+medium coat+heavy coat for gloss. No clear, no color sand, no buff. Garage job.

Attached Files:

14. A few years back I had my 71 cuda painted by a shop for 4 grand and it sucked, they redid it twice and it still sucked. My last words to the shop owner were that he was a drunken hack and I could do a better job in my driveway. After thinking about it I decided that I had always been able to do anything I had put my mind to, so why not paint. I have painted about 8 vehicles in the past 4 years, some elaborate custom graphics, some just coverups, as well as spot repairs, helmets, guitars, each one gets a little better as I learn from my mistakes. Here's a few, the 60 Ventura was my first, now I can see my flaws and I think I'll redo it in the next couple of years. Its a lot of work, but very satisfying when people ask "who does your paint?' Patience, grasshopper...

Attached Files:

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

Here in Canada they outlawed the acrylic enamels and anything else that wasnt low VOC last year, I assume like in California? Anyone have any thoughts on the low VOC 2 stage and urethane topcoats?

16. I'm using some today on our firebird. Smells different, but seems to work just the same.

17. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I painted my avatar car in 1978 with NAPA Martin Senor 8800 black acrylic enamel with urethane hardner. It has held up very well and is very hard.

18. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

the MG looks great. it's going to fly with that 350. nice project....

19. TRIK3R

TRIK3R

Thank You!!!!!
    Dont want to hijack with the O/T too bad,:confused:, but here is a link to the part one of the build http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?13,15518
    There is a part 2 on the same page.

20. warren1328

warren1328

Doing this one in 2 pack in the shed. Protec Brand 604, flows out very nicely for this amature....:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Nason Acrylic Urethane..

Painted 2 weeks ago in an open shop.. Yeah its got trash in it..

who cares.. I think I like it..
    [​IMG]