Register now to get rid of these ads!

does anyone build t buckets anymore

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bart78, May 24, 2011.

1. Bart78

Bart78

Does anyone ever build t buckets anymore. We are going to clean my grandfathers barn out soon and he is a model t junkie.

2. grapp

grapp

They must because Speedway has a ton of kits, parts, and chassis....

3. el shad

el shad

Nope no one builds that junk. Want me to help you haul some of that old scrap steel off?

I'm a nice guy you should trust me.

4. Bart78

Bart78

My grandad is one of those guys that has shit wont use it and wont let someone else take it to take care of it. He has some complete cars and a shit load of parts and some bodies.

5. el shad

el shad

Your in Tx huh? Sure you dont want some help? I can be there in a days drive.

See how nice I am, and you are a total stranger

6. Mr. Bart, I hear T Bucket, I think fiberglass. I hear grandfather, I think Henry Steel, so sir which are we talking about? You mention he doesn't like to part with his gems, but "you" are cleaning out his garage, if he has passed, my sincere condolences. If your just teasing us with your incredible barn find, well that's fighting words my friend. :D BTW, my 26 is Henry steel :cool: Your either gonna make a lot of friends or a bunch of enemy's, welcome to the HAMB, TR

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

A friend of mine is building one..I always wanted one...
    some how ended up with more then one person that wants to ride with me (yeah i know ..amazing isnt it)..so the T bucket just isnt practical for me.

sure Dig looking and riding in them

8. So does this mean I shouldn't call my steel 27 T a T bucket? If I was close, I would definitely help clean up!

9. Bart78

Bart78

No his barn they are in is falling down and will someday get to the cars. We are going to put them in a barn at my dads. I was thinking about getting one of the bodies to make a t bucket.

10. Bart78

Bart78

They are all ford.

11. Bart78

Bart78

I asked him one day if I could get one from him and fix it up again and he said yes but I would have to give it back to him when I was done. I told him no because he would let it rot like all the rest of his shit. He has every peice of farm equipment the family has ever owned.

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Tell Him you will offer him fair money, and give him a ride in it once its done..and he can even help build it if he wants

13. How about some pictures Mr. Bart, heck I know a few of us including me would'nt even mind a picture of a real old traditional John Deere or Allis Chalmers.

14. Bart78

Bart78

He wont get rid of anything. When scrap got so high we tried to get him to clean his place up. He said that he still used the stuff. There is stuff sitting in the same place for all my 32 years that I have been alive.

15. Bart78

Bart78

Thats funny he is a Allis Chalmers freak. When we clean the barn out I will take pics of the cars and the snakes. There will probably be more snakes than cars.

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

He is using it..he's going to use it to remind him of the past until he passes..
    Sometimes its just too hard to let go..:(

17. Your decision as to whether to build a T bucket shouldn't be based on whether anybody else is building them. If you want a T bucket, build one. There was a thread on here last night about the '37-'40 Ford 60 horse flatheads--one of those little 60's would be really cool and traditional in a T bucket, and it could really haul in something real light like a T bucket. I'd want to build one if I had access to a good solid genuine Henry steel body as you do. They make fiberglass ones because there aren't enough of the original steel ones left--they wouldn't do that if nobody wanted them. Not many people are building real steel T buckets because most of the original bodies have either been scrapped, rusted to oblivion, or stashed out of sight in some old guy's barn.

18. MXrider13

MXrider13
    from Florida

I've always wanted to build a T-Bucket. Though I think some guys on here would hate me, because instead of using an SBC or a Ford Windsor it will be powered by a Mopar either 440 or 383!

19. Yes sir, and watch those "snakes" the walking kind, when the word gets out what you all have stashed in those barns.

20. Bart78

Bart78

There is still some neet old cars and trucks around here. A bunch of trucks, every old farmer around here just parks them when done with them. There is a prety cool old wrecking yard outside of our town its harder than heel to get ahold of the guy.

21. Bart78

Bart78

You dont see any t buckets around here. You dont realy see any old hot rods around here at all. Just abunch of diesel trucks and moms in their big suvs.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I looks like you could probably build an all model T go job if you wanted to.

I'd love to have another steel bodied T bucket though. Then I could correct all the mistakes I made on the first one.

The main thing is don't piss off grandpa. Those are his toys and he can play with them or not play with them any way he wants to until he isn't around to play anymore.

23. Bart78

Bart78

He has not driven one in years. The last time I saw one move was probably 15 years ago at Christmas. He does not drive now his parkensens is to bad.

24. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

no but if you want to get rid of it i can help

25. Deuces

Deuces

26. I agree with this, he spent years collecting this stuff, and i understand how he feels about it.
    Be nice to him, include him in the build, and above all, respect a mans need to have his toys.
    Remember, "He who dies with the most toys, wins!" :)

27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Actually you have that way wrong. The guy who wins is the one who marries his widow. :D

28. fleet-master

fleet-master

I built my own T body...build thread link below :D:D:D

29. Bart78

Bart78

I will try my best not to piss him off. I think I will make room at the house for one and drive it.