Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tornado in Joplin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stude-sled, May 22, 2011.

1. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

My prayers are with everyone envolved in this. I cannot even conceive what folks must have gone through during this tragedy.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

US tornado deaths have to be over 400 already and its just May..sure dont seem right..way more distruction than i recall in past years

prayers go out to all affected with these storms

3. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Is that the one that is now the La Quinta?

B:confused:B

4. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

So HOW does a school district bounce back from that kind of destruction and hold classes in the fall? I worked in public schools for 32 years and can tell you besides the buildings (which is a HUGE loss obviously), there are texts, labs, furniture, computers, athletic supplies, kitchens/cafeterias, on and on, that would be a monumental task just to order it all, let alone prepare for classes. But, I know they will be ready. School teachers tend to be a pretty resourceful bunch!! I wish them the best and will keep them in my thoughts......

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  5. yes all that's left is the canopy.

I think they set up trailers in greensburg when it got wiped out.

6. Anybody hear from atomickustom??? He hasn't been on the HAMB since the 20th.

7. willymakeit

willymakeit

Drove thru there this a.m. on my way back to Tulsa from Springfield. They were routing traffic north and south on 71. What is normally a 2 1/2 hr. drive was 4 hrs. Anyone in the area need help as I drive thru this back to Spfld. every weekend? Will be comming back thru Tues. night

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

We had the same issues here, if you're not going to help stay away.:mad:

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I got a PM from Wrenchbender, all is well with him and his family.

10. I been tryin' to find out also. He hasn't PMd me or responded to this thread. Maybe he was out of town.

11. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i put a heads up for him on the facebook joplin tornado group. a lot of people are having good luck finding the whereabouts of people on there. it would help if i had his address or whereabouts of his home so people can have some sort of idea. hopefulyl we'll be hearing some good news from him soon

12. Maybe he is out of town. Hope he's okay.

13. He's just lost in the shuffle I'm sure of it.

I really appreciate it my young friend. You're good folks.

14. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

We only just got this on the evening news here in the UK, and since I'd not been on here for a few days and seen this thread I had to call Ryno straight away, good to speak with him direct, he's not home yet, I think I caught him at the checkout of a store along the way.

Naturally sending good wishes to all HAMB members and extended family affected in the area.

L.P.

15. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

I just talked to Dave,(atomickustom) he is fine. The storm missed his place.

16. sociallydistorted

sociallydistorted

I just found out that my father was killed in the storm. He was in a building that was destroyed and when they found his body he was laying on top of two women apparently trying to protect them from the storm. I don't even know what to do right now. I'm active duty Marine Corps and deployed in Afghanistan. I can't leave the country until I get an official Red Cross message and my wife is telling me that could take up to a week. I'm losing my mind.

Hold your families close and count your blessings.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

So sorry man. If you need anything, say the word. Ain't no thing to get up to Missouri.

18. RichG

RichG

I'm so sorry man, that's terrible... at least he went down trying to help someone else, as a Marine I know that you can hold that to you.

God bless you and yours, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

19. sorry to hear about your father. will be saying an extra one for you and your family.

20. I am so sorry for your loss! Generally, the Red Cross is pretty expedient about getting the word to your commander and/or first sergeant; but in the meantime, he should be able to do everything else possible to get you back to the US for your family. Prayers are with you!

21. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

If you need ANYTHING let me know.......that just made my eye's have a situation.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

22. 067chevy

067chevy

So sorry to hear of your loss. Let me know of any help I could be.

23. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Hopefully your 1st Sgt can help you as mine was able to somewhat speed up the process for me when I lost a family member while deployed overseas. My condolences to you and your family...

24. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

I just got off the phone with my family in Joplin. Thankfully all are accounted for and we suffered no loss that cant be replaced. My mother lives on 20th and Anniebaxter and she told me everything south of 23rd is fucked. Essentially from 26th and Schifferdecker to 15th and Rangeline is gone. My sister is a nurse there and she and her husband had ben pulling bodies out of wreckage and then working Triage all night on 26th near St. Marys. Shes understandably pretty busted up mentally right now. Her house is on 22nd and Bird. She said 1.5 blocks away is devastation.I have several, several friends who are homeless now. Families with small children. It broke my heart. My family is lucky though..very lucky. My heart and my family's hearts go out to the less fortunate. Im truly, truly sorry to hear about your Father!

-Paulie in Chapel Hill

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My deepest heartfelt condolences to you and your family. I'm so very sorry.

26. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

it doesnt help that there is very scratchy cell service in Joplin and its very hard for people to get phone calls and text messages through. if anyone knows his general house whereabouts please PM it to me so i can pass it along to the flks on facebook who are in Joplin helping locate people

27. bigken

bigken

Damn, prayers and condolences for you and your family. And a major thanks for your service to the country.

28. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

So very sorry for your loss. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and you're family. I'm kind of far away (in CT) but PLEASE let me know if you need anything. Keep your head up and stay strong:(

29. My absolute deepest condolences my young friend.
    Like Ryan I am not so far away that I can't be there if you need me to. There is nothing here that won't wait a bit if you need something done.

30. Pooch
    Cool thanks