Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Classy Kustoms Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by BloodyKnuckles, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Customikes

Customikes
    from SoCal

2. roddinron

roddinron

The Merc wagon is nice, and I appreciate all the work that went into it, but I think it would have looked much better if he'd have left the crown in the roof. It's just too flat for an otherwise round car. JMHO

3. How about BAREFOOT's Olds?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it's pretty classy. Great job man.

BloodyKnuckles

4. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

My designed Mercury.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Nice. I hope my car is worthy of this thread before the end of the year.

6. Is Ian Berkly's car in this thread? If not someone needs to throw it up in here!!!

BloodyKnuckles

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I seen this car at the Motorama and it is really nice.

8. RI5KY

RI5KY

Cool thread..
    In my opinion.. Everything that has come out of oz kustoms shop is pure class

9. RI5KY

RI5KY

here are some 'classy kustoms' from australia.
    Pictures from all over the place.. some from "aushotrods" on the hamb.

Attached Files:

10. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx brother!!!!

[​IMG]

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Trent Sherrill needs to get his stuff in print, the Dude gots skills. Kool pic Ian, I will
    add it to my collection.

12. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Taking our kustoms to hibernation for winter. My '53 and Kartsa's 'Sledanette'.

Attached Files:

13. Thanks Ian!!

Great shot!

BloodyKnuckles

14. Philbilly

Philbilly

Great thread! Always loved customs.

15. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

please tell me you oor somebody has more pictures of the 49 fastback you just posted.. or at least some pics that dont require a magnifying glass.

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Jack Walker out of Belton, Missouri owns this Buick...it's a recent build. Jack also owns the "Blue Danube" clone as well as the Hirohata Merc clone...matter of fact, Jack has quite a collection of Kustoms, which at one time included the "String of Pearls" '41 Ford built by Doug Thompson and the "Polynesian II," a clone of the original built by Clayton Jensen and Neil Emory. Jack is a huge Kustom guy and attends the KKOA Nats regularly.

I think he already knows...!!!

R-

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

YOU should have seen what he started with...I did. It was nothing more than a couple of sides (quarters), front fenders and no hood, and a partial roof (front) laying on a ratty frame... Dave Dolman can work wonders in metal...and the top you think looks strange fits the car better than trying to raise the crown over that long a distance. The rear is '52 Merc and I believe '57 Ford station wagon...someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

R-

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  18. RI5KY

RI5KY

for venomous type...
    ( pictures of the hills and co customs site)
    ENJOY!

Attached Files:

19. roddinron

roddinron

I hope I didn't and don't come off as a dick for posting that or this comment.
    Obviously the builder is very talented, especially after hearing the condition of the car he started with, so it wasn't meant as a criticism of his skills. But, in the end, this is "The Classy Kustoms Thread" and it's the final look that counts. So regardless of what he started with, or how skilled he is, I stand by my opinion that the roof is "too flat for an otherwise round car".
    It's still a really nice car though, and a great save, but as I said, it's in "The Classy Kustoms" thread, and therefore, subject to a little more scrutiny.

20. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

No, I didn't read it as you were a dick.. (maybe you are but your words didn't tell me that...!!!) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Personally, I think it's a "classy kustom", and that's my opinion, just like you said it's your opinion. I don't feel every classy kustom has to be lowered within an inch of the ground, nor does it have to have fender skirts to make it such.

To me, any car that has been modified and built to improve the lines of a stocker is "classy"...

R-

21. roddinron

roddinron

Well, I have been called one, but only because that part of my body is so outstanding.:D
    I definitely agree with your opinion on what makes a classy custom, I just don't like the flat roof on that merc. Now let's get the thread back on track.

22. Let's bring this baby back to the top.

Any other contributions?

BloodyKnuckles

23. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

You know what I noticed about most of these cars, they are either Chrome reverse wheels or full caps.

24. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Keeps the brake dust off your white walls. :D
    Paul

25. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

A couple of Kustoms threads lately. Lets bring this one back on top!!!!

26. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

27. billys54

billys54

Love this thread

28. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

very nice ! i like the conway like side trim ;)

29. 54metalman

54metalman

I wonder what has changed all of us to think that laying frame like a freakin minni truck is cool. I like the "idea" of being able to lift your sled up to clear a unrully bump or drive way. Other than that.... WTF. If its your thing fine. Just not mine. When a car is on the ground it looks broke. Tires all tipped in like a freakin VW. Just not right. Needs to look like its in motion sitting still. Flowing. Classy. A beautiful 36 3w laying boards is wrong. Just my thoughts. If 2 inches is a 1/4 inch too much... 4 is not any better. Put the beer down and step back. See how it looks. If your back window is flatter than a freakin sun roof.... You went to far. Style, class. 12 f**cking 59 caddy tailights are just as ugly as 2. Just sayin. Sorry if I pissed anyone off. Its been a day from hell here in the midwest with f**cking baseballs falling out the sky and twisters moving your house when ya dont want to move... Just sayin.....

30. i aggree wit cha