Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. dscomet

dscomet
    from michigan

more pics

Attached Files:

2. dscomet

dscomet
    from michigan

another picture

Attached Files:

3. dscomet

dscomet
    from michigan

here are pictures of 1966 nos sohc cammer auction at mecum sold for $51,000.

Attached Files:

4. jsz03

jsz03
    from PA

for those who were interested, the 65 Cyclone I had posted on here several months ago was sold this past weekend....buyer is from Texas and the transaction could not have been any smoother...

To the pic poster above, thanks for sharing....nice to see the Nicholson and "Cyanide" cars bringing a hefty price at auction...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Hooray for the Comets!! And- - - a bit of a nod to the venerable small block Ford!! At this weekends PSCA California Nationals Race, I was able to take the A/FX exibition class win!!!!!! What a great way to end the weekend of racing, by putting the slowest car in the field into the winners circle. A few stumbles along the way, but what a GREAT semi-and final round, with the help of many of the A/Fx'ers who genuinely wanted to see a great match-up. They got it !!

Dale:)

6. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!It is not always the fastest car that wins,KOOL DEAL!!!! I was working on a 65 Comet engine swap all weekend.I helped put a 302 into a 65,404,2 door sedan,clean car,that was originally a 6,auto.The swap went well but all the"little"stuff kept us from finishing today.You need to change your avitar and put the Comet in there!! ROY.

7. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Thanks Roy! I had great support from the group, when I went up against a competitor that was trying to pull some starting line shenanigens, and with their advice, I came out with the win light much to my competitors disbelief, after I just drove around the water box and and immediately lit the staging beams!!! It was a win I'll truly savor!! But alas, no trophies, winnings, or winners circle pictures with me making out with Linda Vaughn!! But- I do have bragging rights for awhile!!! Thats priceless!!:)

8. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

Are there any pictures of that Dyno Don 65 before and during restoration? What happened to the car between 66 and now?

9. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Seen at "Cruzin Ocean City MD" this weekend.

Attached Files:

• 1008.jpg
      1008.jpg
      File size:
      538.4 KB
      Views:
    • 1016.jpg
      1016.jpg
      File size:
      516.4 KB
      Views:
  10. Congrats Dale, Sounds like a great day.

Roy, no work on the comet yet. I have drove it out of the shop a couple times to train my new neighbours. I have not worked in 7 weeks so low on cash and I'm hurting. Back to work soon and back to work on my projects.
    Roger

11. Roy:

Went by the paint shop today, the Falcon is in primer and will be done by Friday, can't wait to get it back, How's it going on your end?

12. Dale:

What tire pressure did you end up running in the pie crust tires? Thinking about trying out a set on the Falcon for fun. Congrats on the win.

13. 65COMET

65COMET

Fast Eddie;same as my last post on this subject!!!!!NOT LOOKING GOOD!!!! ROY.

14. ecode ragtop

ecode ragtop
    from illinois

I remember seeing tom coward's tom cat run at byron il. In the mid 60's. Does this mean i am getting old?

15. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

MD1320,
    Any more shots of that red '64? Got to see more of that one!

16. Yes,I've seen ya....lol

17. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

I run them at the track at 16-18 pounds. I also dispelled the myth with these tires that you need a heavy burnout with them to get them hot enough to work. I drove AROUND the water box in the semi-final round with no burnout, and my 60 ft. times did not change. I'm sure it also had alot to do with how hard you leave on a launch as well. But, at that pressure, I've driven around , and the sidewalls are so hard, nothing bad occurs on the street as well...

18. Dale:

Thanks for the info, I would like to try and get those tire to work, I just can't get over how heavy they are compared to my drag slicks. They are ultra KOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

They are DEFINITELY HEAVY. 66 lbs. with a Cragar 15x7 rim!!! That's a freakin sack of concrete!!!

20. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;HOLY CRAP!!!! Is that for the pair?Are there any pictures from your win?With all the interest in the "OLD"style slicks it is too bad someone doesn't build some with modern technology and materials.Maybe if mercuryjunky can get that money tree to sprout he could get some made!!!! ROY.

21. Roy:

I talked to ole money bags (merc Junky) today and it looks like we might try testing the ole Pie Crusts on the Falcon in Bowling Green. The Falcons done at paint and I get to pick it up tomorrow!!!!

22. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

ClearSpot....The 64 & 65 were both "work in progress" (same owner I think). The 64 looked all original (faded paint, rusted chrome, tattered interior, but you could see he had started to restore). The 65 was much further along and starting to look up. Thats the only passing pic I took (over 7000 cars in attendance)

23. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

I like the way your talking.

[​IMG]