Register now to get rid of these ads!

**The Hi Lo Hustler** Dragster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51box, Dec 25, 2009.

1. 51box

51box
    from MA

Thanks guys, it's a serious feeling when you slip down in the seat having that mag/blower/injector staring you in the face. I can not wait to get this thing to the track, hopefully she will not turn that lil sbc into a pile of scrap.

2. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

dittdo !!!!!!!!!!!!

3. 51box

51box
    from MA

Well we started the car for the first time today. Loaded her up and headed to Ray Helgers shop down in little Compton RI this morning for the start up. We had a couple little set backs but got it running really strong in no time. The thing sounds seriously strong, it's definitely gonna be a handful to get down the track now. Here's a couple pics once we got home, and I'll try to get a video up soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

5. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Awesome...glad to hear the fire-up turned out well!
    I can't wait to see it at the track...next weekend???...maybe???:D

6. cracker head

cracker head

Bunch of power, short wheelbase. Insane. I want one!!!!

7. 51box

51box
    from MA

Ya Keith everything went really good, I'm going to bring it up for nostalgia day but I don't think they are going to let me run it, we'll see.

8. 58fed

58fed
    BANNED

Joe,
    Why don't you think they'll let you run?

9. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Ya, why not?

10. How's the view from the seat? :D

11. a coupe

a coupe

Keith I don't think that N.E. Dragway is Gina be to friendly toward 1/8 mile stuff now that there nhra, but well bring it up to tech and see what they say it's worth a shot,

12. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It was a 1/4 mile car last year when you ran it at Epping, right?...and it looks like it again this year, right?...work with me here!!;)

I'll see you guys there and keep my fingers crossed you can at least make a few test runs.

13. 58fed

58fed
    BANNED

NHRA is the sanctioning body but as far as I know the track will be run the same as it has been. The same board owns the track and its the same crew teching the cars, especially on the nostalgia days, you guys should be fine up there. They just might have you run a diaper on the car and blower restraints, tell them it is under driven like a street motor and is mainly for looks.

14. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

holy crap man haha now you're really getting crazy! its looking good

15. a coupe

a coupe

[​IMG].loading the car up at helgers speedshop after a successful day of getting the injection set up!

16. a coupe

a coupe

The car ran quite a few times at n.e. Last season but just 1/8 mile passes

17. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

This ride is gonna be wicked!! I love Dragsters. Check out my art to see some stuff I've done. Can't wait to see done.

18. How's that tranny and that u joint going to like that blower and them M&H's?

19. 51box

51box
    from MA

Tudor Im pretty confident that everything is going to work just fine together.

20. 51box

51box
    from MA

Here's a couple recent pics, mounted up the mag Americans which completly changed the look I think. Have a couple more things the finish before the first race at winterport next weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Those american Mag's look great. The U and the 3 speed will keep it like it was in the day. Lot's ofguys ran big motors like that. Sur you'll be fine.

We just got our rear end asssembled and our mags on yesterday. We've got the motor mounts with the crank lined up with the pinion. Car came with a strange spool and moser axles. Added the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern to the axles for the wheels. Both were 33 but they don't fit each other. Finally got all that sorted. We're running a shorty glide and a strange coupler.

What are you using for dust caps on the front wheels?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  22. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

23. 51box

51box
    from MA

thanks for posting the link swampdonkey, i didnt know anyone took a video. I cant wail till next weekend, still have some shit to figure out but we'll get it done.

24. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

No prob . if ya need help let me know

25. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Yee Haw! That sounds great!
    I was waiting for Scott to take a swig of the race fuel instead of his Budweiser!

26. 51box

51box
    from MA

Ya that party was alot of fun bill, to bad you couldn't make it. Made up a breather tank and a little wheelie bar just in case. First runs with the new setup will be this weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

28. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

The small wheelie bar is cool, but you do understand it's backwards. Lippy

29. 51box

51box
    from MA

What do you mean backwards?

30. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Ok, think about it. I suspect this car will jump on the wheelie bar pretty quick as it's so short and the bar is short also. I know someone who had a FED with the single bar on top and the bottom was two like yours. All the load when it wheelstands and bounces off the caster wheel is on the top bar. The single bar. If it hops and bucks, which it may do with a modern slick, it may break the top tube on the wheelie bar . I know my friends car broke the top one all the time till we figured it out. Just throwing it out there for you. BTW, neat car. Should be plenty of power. :D Lippy