Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A few Rust Revival pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BinderRod, May 21, 2011.

1. BinderRod

BinderRod

There were a lot of good cars and a few rusty turds I wouldn't trust to drive across the street. I bet you can spot the turds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My grand daughter sporting a Norwell shirt
    [​IMG]

A straight 6 with a fake blower
    [​IMG]

Another TURD
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BinderRod

BinderRod

3. sololobo

sololobo

Easy on the Turd reference, I think when those cars were popular they were called rat rods. We South Omaha Turds were represented at this event with Rob Lee's smooth blood red hand built, "Hot Rod Lincoln" roadster, and a R.R. debut of Dick Warsocki's hand fashioned black speedster "The Hoodlum". Turds are not usually rough and rusty!! Looks like another nice turnout, congrats Breeder and crew. . Thanx for the post. A real turd. ~sololobo~

4. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Is that your granddaughter stepping back to admire her artwork?
    I think it was very nice of her to do fingerpainting on that
    guys...erm... Car
    Paul

5. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Holy cow! Do these things have to pas a state safety inspection ?

6. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

x2...ridiculous just plain ridiculous

7. silent rick

silent rick

did you take any pics of the good cars?

8. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Some interesting cars there. Looks like a good show.

9. jerseymike

jerseymike

the only more ridiculous then people building junk, is other people taking pictures and posting them of the junk!

10. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't assume that all the junk is based on shock factor. I would only guess some at least one of them looks like a work in progress.

11. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Oh,I don't know. Maybe, what with so many FNG's with no idea of the meaning of traditional joining all the time, I think sometimes these kind of threads should be allowed to run as an example of what this place is NOT about. Perhaps seeing these POS getting flamed will educate some on what NOT to build.

Just thought
    Paul

12. BinderRod

BinderRod

Thank You, that is the point that I was stressing

13. sickboy13

sickboy13

14. slammed

slammed

Bingo!

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

16. choptruck

choptruck

Man, if I saw this post, I would never go to the Rust Revival. Luckily I did go and there were alot of really nice cars. I was amazed at the amount of crap this year, but it's probably because it was supposed to rain all weekend and most of the higher quality cars don't get taken to sit at a show in the rain all day. Whats left? A few really nice cars, a bunch of daily drivers, and alot of piles of shit. I'll go next year though because it's a good time, only three hours away, and maybe the uneducated will have scrapped their rat rods and built a more accurate version of a custom or hot rod by then.

17. The Shocker

The Shocker

Yeah ,where are the real traditional rods with the onboard navigational systems ,20 Inch billet wheels ,and LS1 motors with turbos :D ???

18. Looks like some shit there I wouldn't take out of the scrap yard...let's see the some of the cool rides.

19. TRuss

TRuss

Just terrible. I don't know what's worse. People building these cars or people on the HAMB defending them. God Damn. Maybe rapture is coming.

20. Not quite sure what afew of them guys were thinking! WoW!

21. So, did Breeder get to kick those owners in the balls after he took their money? He should have.

22. The Shocker

The Shocker

Its amazing to me that people will see a pic of a single car with a shock bolt welded like shit to the frame and assume that every car at the event was built the same way :confused: .If i had to guess i'd say the owner of that car did that to the shock bolts on purpose to get a reaction out of people when they see it .I would have to say his plan worked :D:) .There were several cars in the pics that looked well built and safe to me ...

23. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I don't think anyone on here so far has taken a pop at the event,only the pictures of the crap that has been posted. I'm sure everybody involved worked their asses off and that there is a great deal more worthy of coverage that hasn't been posted yet. When it does, I will applaud. I just think a few of the dubious vehicles on this thread have merits as cautionary examples when "spreading the gospel". I see this as positive, not negative.

Paul

24. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Turd is another word for what???? Oh IMO , that makes it OK.

25. Philbilly

Philbilly

Really? What the hell was this guy thinking?

[​IMG]

26. BinderRod

BinderRod

Don't get me wrong, there were a load of very good and well buit cars there. I am just pointing out that some of the cars were not safe and should never be on the road. I have a concern for the everyday driver that has a hunk of crap rumbling down the same road at them.
    Be sure and check out the brake lines hanging down in front of the front axle.
    Not trying to get into a pissing contest, just pointing out the issues.

27. Well we all live and hopefully learn. I started out going to build a r**r** with my son. Started checking around on the net and found the k*l* b*ll*t site, (which by the way many on here are members of, you know who you are) kept looking around and found this site. Been here ever since, even when I was looked down upon and put down for the four door. I,m still here and want no part of a r** r**. Doing the best I can with what I have available. There may still be hope for some of those builders. Talk nice and see if you can bring them around to seeing the error in their ways, I did.

28. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Not to sound like a pecimest but one of the reasons among several, that I did NOT go to the Rust Revival this years is because of all the " Rat Rods" that show up, I am personally tired of the rat rod scene and tired of my car being caled a rat because it isn't shiny! I did miss going to see my friends and having a beer or 2 with them, but 75% of the reason I did not go this year is because of the rat rod crowd. Rusty.