Register now to get rid of these ads!

bluebook for a 48 ford deluxe coupe??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, May 20, 2011.

1. dannyego

dannyego

So about a year ago a guy I used to work with called me up and said he knew of an old car that might be for sale soon and he thought I might be interested. He works with a girl in her late twenties and it was her fathers that passed away a few years ago. The girls mother was just starting to think about letting go of the car but she was still holding on to it because of the memories. So I said thanks for the heads up keep me in the loop. He really didnt know what the car was at the time but knew I liked old cars and that I could take care of it, which is what he relayed to her. Well he called me up today. She feels like it is going to waste sitting in her garage and my friend talked me up enough that I would take care of it and not trash it and now she would like me to buy it. All I know is that it is a 48 ford deluxe coupe that was fully restored about 5 years ago or so. I still need to go look at the car but she wants to sell it to me for "bluebook" no more no less. Is there any sort of bluebook I can go off of? I guess she would like me to have that figure before I go look at it. May be a wild goose chase but who knows. Also what are these things going for restored? If its too rich for my blood I will post it up here.

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Look here. http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars
    Also Google search "old Cars Blue Book Value" and lots of info appears.
    Look in Hemmings Motor news to see what they are selling for also.

3. A lot of it is going to depend on the condition of the restoration. There are fellas on here that know all that info as far as restorations go. In order to make a good judgment on a restored car it needs to be appraised by an appraisor that does restorations not just someone who rates the value of a car.

A problem that you run into with restored cars is that folks think they are worth more than they really are as a rule.