Register now to get rid of these ads!

BilletProof Detroit is Almost Here! HAMB Meet & Greet Info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Apr 21, 2011.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Plymouth is close to Depot Town. See if you can get there before 5pm as the old Hudson dealership/museum is right there on the corner across the stree from the Sidetrack Bar and Grill. Jack is probably going to stay open later because of the kick off party that night on the street but try to get there before he closes. The place is pretty neat.

Sidetrack bar and Grill
    http://www.sidetrackbarandgrill.com/

Hudson Musuem
    http://www.ypsiautoheritage.org/

Try to get here before 5pm as well. RM Auction has a showroom in Ypsilanti about a block from the main drag thru Depot Town. Always chalk full of unique cars.
    http://www.rmauctions.com/MapsMI.cfm

Make sure you make it to the Meet & Greet or if you see my purple '47 Olds convertible on the street on Friday night make sure you introduce yourself. I've got blonde-ish shoulder lenght hair and black glasses.

2. John boy

John boy

I will be there with "VONDUTCH" Syracuse Nats 009.jpg

3. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

i will try to make it. either in the "nice" 57 pickup or the "rough" 36 coupe.

4. Cobrajetsled

Cobrajetsled

When's a good time to get to Depot Town to get a decent spot on the street?

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm going to leave the Middlebelt/I96 intersection at 5:30 on Friday. You wanna meet at my place, I'll give ya the quick nickel tour then we can head out??

6. thunderkiss65

thunderkiss65
    from Detroit

Pretty sure Ill be there on Saturday with my Olds.

7. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Does anyone know if the Volcanoes are playing again? Detroit's hottest surf band!!

8. Choptop

Choptop

yes they are!!!

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hey, I meant to ask if you're going out there on Friday after work??

10. Cobrajetsled

Cobrajetsled

Yea... Hook'n up would be good... I will be heading out after the work thing (Plymouth area)... I'd love to see the wallpaper!

11. thunderkiss65

thunderkiss65
    from Detroit

Anyone know if the park is flooded? The Huron has to be up with all this rain we've had.

12. Choptop

Choptop

The park is fine, the southern corner (that we dont use anyway) is a little soggy, but otherwise we are great. If you look at the depth gauges on the Huron, its been going down a bit.

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sweet, I was just going to ask this

14. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Believe it or not, the park was designed with drainage in mind. I have been to events there where it poured for days before and during and the field stayed dry. No worries.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looking forward to showing ya around. See ya at 5:30:cool:

16. Wow, this event snuck right up on me-that's what I get for not keeping my calendar up to date. Take good pix, I'll be at Indy for Pole Day.

17. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

I would like to come over on Sat. I do not have a vehicle that is done of the 3 I am working on. The 62 Chevy II wagon is the closest to being done and it does not have a drivetrain in it yet. :( So if I come over,it will be in my dd truck. I need some motivation. I wourk on cars and motorcycles all week so it is hard to get motivated to work on a car or motorcycle in the few off hours I have. It would either motivate me or depress me. ;) Hope to see you all there.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looking even better, sunny both days, 73 on Friday and 76 on Satuday.:cool:

19. Choptop

Choptop

Rain has stopped, nice and sunny today. Supposed to be sunny on Friday and Sat. The Ypsi street rod show was rained out a couple of weeks ago, so look for a good turn out on the first sunny car show weekend in the area. :D

20. twochops

twochops

Will be there SAT. with my chopped 57 Buick.Enjoyed last years show.
    TwoChops

21. Last year's "Best Custom"! Looking forward to seeing it. Absolutely stunning!

22. I got my first drive in the '34 a couple of days ago. I just need to get my hood back from the painter and tie up a few loose ends. It's far from "done" but it will be there.

I'm also bringing the '54.

Weather sounds great - I can't wait to see everybody there!!!

23. chad lampert

chad lampert
    from Michigan

I'll be there Saturday sellin my hot rod art and kustom apparel, so look for my booth and come check us out.

24. I, for one appreciate your optimism about the weather - the shit weather we have been having has so desperately embarrased the law of averages the the show is due some perfect weather. It turns out that there is a possibility I may be able to show up Friday - maybe even Sat. Time will tell. My life is not my own, Its just how I roll.
    As I recall, I still have some striping to do at your place - yes?
    My big olds is coming along, but not quite ready for prime time - maybe Sins of Steel.....

25. HOTRODDORK

HOTRODDORK
    from Michigan

Where is the best ( closest) hotel to stay at? Something reasonably priced and decent. Trying to plan on coming down tonight

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I know you've got alot on your plate so don't even worry about doing anything for me anytime soon. I'm not worried about it sweetie. I just hope you can find time in your schedule to come hang with us and relax abit this weekend.

27. I will be there with my niece in tow. She had a blast at Torque Fest so she wants to go to more shows.

28. jnk-byr

jnk-byr

i be there on saturday guys and girls unfortunately i will be in a 99 suburban but it will still be a good time:)

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

AWESOME time hanging out in Depot Town tonight with car pals. Looking forward to seeing everyone's bright shiney faces in the AM.:cool: