Register now to get rid of these ads!

L.A. Noire- Amazing Cars in a Game

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HRod 50, May 19, 2011.

1. HRod 50

HRod 50

Hey Folks,

Dont know if I'll get lynched for this, but I'm sure some of youare gamers, or for sure your children must be. anyway, I thought you guys might like to know about this game that has some incredible cars, and it takes place in Los Angeles in 1947.
    "Amid the post-war boom of Hollywood's Golden Age, Cole Phelps is an LAPD detective thrown headfirst into a city drowning in its own success. Corruption is rampant, the drug trade is exploding, and murder rates are at an all-time high. In his fight to climb the ranks and do what’s right, Phelps must unravel the truth behind a string of arson attacks, racketeering conspiracies and brutal murders, battling the L.A. underworld and even members of his own department to uncover a secret that could shake the city to its rotten core."

Check out the cars,and I played the demo. It's an incredible game...

Attached Files:

2. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

If you like that one, try Mafia II. It has some great cars from the 30's through the early 60's.

I can't wait to buy L.A. Noire. It looks great.

3. shaunatk

shaunatk
    from ohio

The cars in L.A. Noire aren't anywhere near as authentic as Mafia II.

Decent game.

4. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Maybe they'll throw an old hotrod roadster or coupe into the mix. Looks like it could be a good game though.

5. Arominus

Arominus

I've been enjoying it so far, about 20% in on the story line. When i got promoted from the traffic desk to the homicide desk they switched me from a buick super to a nash 600. I also found a hidden Talbot.

I was suprised that they had authentic cars, I'm really hoping to find a hotrod. Haven't seen one driving around yet though.

6. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

That game is a lot of fun; I just started myself and it sounds like I'm right about where you are.

And the cars are really cool.

7. BigBlockBuck

BigBlockBuck

Looks sweet, if it's anything like Rockstar's previous games it should be top notch. Have fun, I'm going to wait for the price to come down and the glitches to get worked out efore I dive into it.

8. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

There is a "Ford Hi-boy" as one of the "hidden cars".

That and a Delage, Scarab, and some other random vehicles.

The Chrysler Town and Country is my favorite vehicle they stuck in the game, they modeled it beautifully. (That and the Dodge fuel truck)

9. gibraltar72

gibraltar72
    from Osseo Mi.

Shouldn't we be talking about checkers or Monopoly or if you really want to get wild a rousing game of Pit?

10. I was going to post something similar myself, but figured it would get deleted. But I am very surprised by this game and the details in it. I get to "Drive" my 1940 Ford now LOL!

This game is by far NOT FOR CHILDREN. Unless you want them investigating Rapes, Murders, Drug use, Extortion, etc.... in violent, graphic detail.

11. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Ive played with the Lincoln futura addon in mafia 2.

Attached Files:

12. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Mafia II had some decent cars, and with the customization, you could do a little bit to having a really cool car. Any customization in LA Noire?

13. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

X2!

There's an older Rockstar game for PS2 "grand theft auto San Andreas"
    it had some 50's and 60's cars and even an A coupe that you could modify. Wheels, motor, hydraulics, you could even flame it. They weren't excact copies but close proximities to 60 Impala, 65 Impala 50 Merc the A and some others.

Mafia II had some cool Hot Rods, but it wanted you to sell them.

14. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

If you have the Betrayal of Jimmy DLC (comes free on the PS3 version) it allows you to supercharge your vehicles, which gives them a blower and lake pipes. You could also add custom paint which had a limited variety of flames and scallop designs.

15. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Get the hot rod pack for Mafia 2

16. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

I'm loving the game so far, having a rough time with some of the interviews and trying to determine if they are lying, but I'm loving the noire vibe and faithful late 40s LA recreation.

17. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Looks cool, Im out of it..last game I played was Frogger on Atari!! 80's

18. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

I`ll hotlink some images of the rods in mafia 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. joel torres

joel torres

im holding out till i see actuall game pplay on you tube plus im low on funds this week but i look forward to it
    mafia was cool except for the fact they removed part of the game after it was complete so that they could market it back to us afterwards can you say greedy bastards the hotrods in mafia was fun it was my first time driving a traditional rod and i actually told my wife i can't wait to build one anyone on psn im alphastrikefx

20. You guys are a rare breed. Hot Rod Gamers. Ya'll must be the coolest of all Dorks.

21. I have both games for the xbox and I think la noire represents the old cars better alot better (not to mention there's a '32 ford hot rod in it). The cars are extremely realistic in la noire compared to the mafia II ones not to mention the names are the same as the real ones. If you have to choose to get one... GET LA NOIRE!!!:D

22. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Good to know, I heard the game play on Mafia II kind of sucked. LA Noire looks good though, probably picking it up when the weather gets crappy again, til then it's summer time! :cool:

23. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

i bought this game fo a x box i dont have. it just looks so cool. glad i came across this thread.

24. :D

I do my own thing and don't worry if it's "cool" or not. Gotta have something to do when the snow is on the ground!!

25. Just bustin' balls...no offense need taken.

26. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Game looks fucking sweet, and I don't even play video games. I got peer-pressured into buying an Xbox a couple years ago. I sold it after playing it 2 times in 6 months. Rather work on a real hot rod than drive one in a video game....

27. not at all, hence the :D

28. fat49chevy

fat49chevy
    from Onta Ca

tHATS it im getting these.

29. Muttley

Muttley