Register now to get rid of these ads!

Classic Cars and Proms...they go hand in hand don't they

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, May 19, 2011.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I don't post too much about my one and only nephew Alex. He's 18, just graduating from a very prestigious all boys high school and has been accepted to the University of Michigan. He's a very good kid. So anyway, his senior prom was last weekend and he asked if they could use the Oldsmobiles for backdrops in their photos.

We cruz to his date's home. Her and her whole family including Grandparents were there and very excited to see the cars.
    [​IMG]

Tessa asked to sit in the drivers seat.....car gal in the making for sure
    [​IMG]

The plan was for them to travel in the back seat of the '56 to my hood for more photos. Tessa wasn't having any of that, she wanted to ride in the convertible! Hair be damned:eek:

Once in my neighboorhood we took more photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My favorite
    [​IMG]

Second favorite
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They were certainly having fun
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shhh, don't tell Grundy I let him drive Big Olds. First time ever and last time for at least 7 years.

Dad and I followed in the '56
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are both great kids and I'm glad I was able to give them a more unique prom experience as they were the only ones that arrived in a classic car that night.
    [​IMG]

So, anyone else have any prom photos with classic cars to share?

3. belair

belair

That smile sure is familiar... He's got the coolest aunt ever. It's great to let these old cars keep making history. Way to go.

4. shadams

shadams

Very cool, and beautiful cars BTW..

5. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

ha last time I saw him was tearing it up on a go cart! Did he get Big Olds sideways? hehe
    Cool that he's going to Michigan, good for him. Now he needs to get an ol hot rod!

6. They, and the cars, look great! What a good experience, and I'm sure cruising to prom in the convertible sure set the evening off right. You're a pretty cool aunt!

Just wish my prom was worth remembering...

7. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

pretty cool for sure~~

I let my daughter/her date to high sch prom... the 57 & the Merc were my other daughters prom (she passed away)
    Des is getting married in June... she's be arrive'n in a purple 49 Pontiac that will be following.. "the coupe"... Riding in the the coupe will be a fiddle player that will play as she exits car and onto the beach...
    And who said that the new generationisn't inta hot rods!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

8. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

My Brats prom from last year.

[​IMG]

We were tearing down the spare motor for her car and saw my shop landlord and his son were cleaning and primping the car. They told us that he was taking to his prom that night and that he didnt have a date.

This was @ 3:30-4:00, pretty soon the landlord comes over and says would you be mad if Corey asked her to go with him. I look over and shes got grease and oil under fingernails and black spots all over. Hmmmm, yeah that'd be fine with me, I know he's a good kid cause you havent killed him, yet.

So Corey comes over and we conversate for a few minutes and then I leave so he can ask her then I ask what time do this affair kick off. Well we wanna meet for supper around 6,,, oh oh boy! Luckily she had a dress from her homecoming.

Got her home, cleaned up and off to the prom in fine fashion and on time even.

btw, shes 6'1" in those heels, and he's 6'3" another buddy of mine saw the pic and says damn, those 2 are tall enough they lowered the car!

9. rusty28a

rusty28a

My prom date and I left our prom early so that we could go to a car show. I had her home by midnight and her dad swears she cried all night!

10. Hey, I'm just down the highway from you a bit, and I'm straight as an arrow, but if she's lending you Big Olds, can I be your date? ... :D

11. Jake D 56

Jake D 56

No pictures and not exactly my story, but in about '69 my dad borrowed the family car (1926 Model T Touring) to take to his prom. I have to tell his stories once in a while because they're cool and he's too antisocial to tell anyone but us. The stipulation was that his dad made him paint it first. My dad still has the T to this day.

12. Deuces

Deuces

Maybe she had something else in mind instead of going to a car show???

13. Cool pics! I went to my prom in a 66 Belvedere....but it wasn't all that old in 69 :D

14. modelaman

modelaman
    from sunland ca

glad to know that there is still young adults out there that have their heads on straight. we always hear about the bad kids but not much about the good ones, thanks for posting is gives me hope for our future.

15. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

My daughters prom 15 yrs ago, top went down when we almost got there, still weeding through some old pictures, she was afraid of messing her hair.

Attached Files:

16. Brian C

Brian C

X2

Very nice Denise, great thing to do for the kids.

But did they get any cookies with their ride..................:D

17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

He has his aunts smile and I like that.

18. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

great photos. what a fun time. if it was in black and white some of those photos could look vintage! what great times! We went to prom in limos that we all chipped in for since there was one big group of friends

19. Very cool Denise!

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I like Jay Da Tin Mans story too.

21. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego

I drove my neice and her date last year.
    [​IMG]

22. Cword

Cword

Good on you Denise. That is one of the best ways ever to "share our toys"

It's been 5 years since Robert borrowed dad's roadster for Grad, I was a little bummed, 'cause he didn't want mine.
    [​IMG]

23. I went to my prom in my Dad's '63 Thunderbird with a lovely girl named Penny. We looked pretty damn good, if I say so myself! I do have a pic somewhere that I will have to scan.

Of course, her and I went to the drive-in movie the night prior to see the movie "Carrie" (the Sissy Spacek version), so that made the whole weekend that much more fun!

24. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Over here in England we have only recently got into the whole prom thing, and to be honest mostly it's stretch limos and Rolls-Royces. However, we managed to do a little better for my son Danny and his prom date Sammi back in 2009;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paul

25. Funny this should pop up as I took my lady friend to her senior prom last weekend. First time her folks saw my car, they dug it.

[​IMG]

26. grim

grim

Very cool... I like all of these.

27. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Can't find a picture, but my dad was between "Rods" and my car was in the high school body shop so I thought I was going to have to take a family car to prom. About 2 weeks before prom dad said he had something better. One of Dad's friends loaned him a 1937 Pontiac to drive us to prom in! The car was great (a/c, plush interior, detailed to the tee, and a backseat bigger than a limo's!) Dad dressed in a suit, drove us to dinner, opened the doors, and took us to the prom. The car was way cooler than any limo and drew a bigger crowd than the prom itself! I'll never forget what Dad and his buddy pulled off for me!
    By the way, I did have another car waiting for after prom. There was no way dad was "ending" prom with me no matter what car he drove! LOL

28. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

A great use for old cars, and some handsome young'ns.

29. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I let my son take the New Yorker to prom.

Attached Files:

30. 73super

73super

Shoot.. I only WISH my kid were into rice burners. He just got his license.. will be a Junior next year.. I've got a bad feeling he's going to be asking to borrow one of my rides for his prom... I remember how I treated MY Dad's Caddy when he lent it to me for MY prom... sigh.