Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser wars...2011..!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boss Hydro, Jan 27, 2011.

1. CalGasser

CalGasser

Hey Rocky & Dave,

Thanks for the welcome! Just returned from Hawaii so wasn't around a computer. This event is so tantilizing you're making it hard not to attend. What airport would you recommend to fly in to? How far would it be to the track? I've never been to that neck of the woods before so I wouldn't want to take a wrong turn...:confused: :eek:

Thanks for your help, Vic

2. TOM O'CONNELL

TOM O'CONNELL
    from VIRGINIA

Well it's official, I've got 6/9 to 6/13 off! I'mmmmmmm a comin! Man this is gonna be good!

3. Saxxon

Saxxon

Where can one get flight and hotel information for this event??

I can find flights but I`m looking for which airport is recommended and where we should be looking for hotels. In Beaver Springs, Harrisburg ??? Waht do you folks recommend???

We are planning on coming in from Winnipeg Canada and not familiar with the area so please excuse the basic questions. Would have loved to bring the Scout to this... maybe next year.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  4. 270283

Harrisburg would probably be the closest airport. It is about an hour or so south of Beaver Springs. The nearest hotels would be in Sellingsgrove but you would have a much larger selection closer to Harrisburg. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the area will chime in.

5. 00-DIRT

00-DIRT

any new info on the cars that are gonna be there! we are coming in for all 3 days and cant wait!!!

6. CalGasser

CalGasser

Got my tickets and room booked at the host hotel - I'm a comin'...! Flying into Harrisburg so if you see a Chinaman driving around in circles, please point him toward the Comfort Inn in Selinsgrove :confused: Vic

7. Saxxon

Saxxon

Can you get event tickets ahead of time or just at the gate

8. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

info on a few of whose going, listing of motels and schedule of events on Gasser Magazine website www.gassermagazine.com
    I am certain that Selinsgrove would be sold out, I am staying in Mifflinburg (18 miles away) but plenty of motels north of Carlisle and around Harrisburg
    I will be there in commercial vending area All Hambers always welcome at Moonlight Movies
    Pray it quits raining....geez is it wet around here.

9. 00-DIRT

00-DIRT

I am booked there aswell doesnt seem to hard to get to from cleveland. and it looks like a pretty easy shot in for you too.

10. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

We're getting ready for one of the BEST years in AA/GS racing in the last 40 years! Tomorrow, we will have a four car show at Quarter Aces dragway outside of Harrisburg Pa., on June 4th and 5th we will have the K.S. Pittman 33 Willys with Fred Bear driving and me in the Boss Hydro competing against the "East Coast AA/GS" cars, then we'll be racing at Beaver Springs for the "King of AA/GS" race! This event is shaping up to be the LARGEST gathering on June 17th and 18th... we will be racing at the NHRA Bowling Green Hot Rod Reunion..! This will be the first time, TRUE PERIOD CORRECT AA/GS have raced in heads up competition since 1969! These are the GOOD OLE DAYS!!!!

11. 00-DIRT

00-DIRT

This makes for wonderful dreams, as we count down the days!!

12. CalGasser

CalGasser

Only 1 week and counting!!! ;)

13. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

The Pirrone & Ellershaw Race Team will have four of its team cars at this weekends event! The Boss Hydro 33 Willys and K.S. Pittman 33 Willys will be doing battle in the Nostalgia AA/GS class, HAMB member Rick "Pappy" Stief will be handling the Big Time Memories 41 Willys A/GAS car and I'll be driving our "Screamin Eagle" funny car in a special East coast vs. West coast MATCH RACE..! The Nostalgia AA/GS class will feature the QUICKEST and FASTEST ....TRUE NOSTALGIA GASSERS in the country! This is going to be a GREAT event! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

14. goodturn

goodturn

I met the Croweman at Thompson last weekend and watched his 33 run. He came over and introduced himself, as my 33 wears the same beautiful paint colour as his, and he recognized it as Ed Kuhn's former car. How does he fit in that 33???

15. Lucky3

Lucky3

We've raced at Bowling Green a few times but not this year. Damn it is hot at that event !! Prolly be back next year (2012). Lotsa nostalgia racing going on here in Oklahoma. Good luck and be safe !!

16. CalGasser

CalGasser

1 day and COUNTING! :D

17. Can't wait for Saturday!!!

18. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

1 day and counting. I'm leaving tomorrow morning with Gasser in tow. Can't wait to see the AA/GS cars race.

19. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Don't forget to pick up that poster Travj. I will be driving there tonite and at the track Friday morning to set up.
    Carl from your club is a good friend of mine. :D

20. awesome... there will be a couple Redliners there Saturday, we will be sure to stop by and say hello

21. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to seeing some pictures from the event. :D

22. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Me too, manning the sales booth doesn't give me much time to watch em run, but some great (and different) cars there, anybody got any shots?

23. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Hey Bob...thanks for the poster!...Looks good on the garage wall.

24. 00-DIRT

00-DIRT

I will be posting some pictures in the next few days have to weed through 700 plus pictures i took. Great show this year! Was bummer don moyer broke on saturday but glad we got to see him and talk to him. lot of fast cars there. Thanks for all the guys who braved the weather and put on a show!!!

25. CalGasser

CalGasser

A special thanks to Ernest, "Beaver" Bob, Rocky Pirrone, Fred Bear, Dave Hales, Dave Davis & wife RaeAnn, Larry and Wanda for being so inclusive and making this a memorable weekend of friends and racing! I totally enjoyed myself and apologize again I couldn't join you folks at Bowling Green - though I would've love to take you up on that one... It was nice to see Ron Ladley, Joe Troilo, Jeff Cryan & partner Jerry, Dave & Joyce McCauley, Jack & John Olcutt, and Tom Nowicki again, it's been a long time! Also nice to finally meet "Wheelstanding" Don Moyer and photographer Bob Wenzelburger.

Great people, cars, burnouts and wheelies! Thank you EVERYONE!!! for making this happen. Thanks again Fred for allowing me to take refuge in your motorhome from the humidity...;)

Vic

26. Vic, it was nice to finally meet you also! I guess now it is my turn to make it out to the west coast! Now just to find someone to sponser that trip:D The AA/GS cars were great to watch. The whole event was fun while it lasted. Looks like not only did I blow up my rear end, the trans is toast too....I guess that is racing!

Don

27. CalGasser

CalGasser

Damn... Don, you're having waaay too much fun destroying so many parts! Loved that wheelie on the video in one of your other posts. I was talking to Ohio George and had my back turned so I missed it - glad someone caught it on video. Hope to see you out this way sometime but please don't expect to find a track as beautiful as the ones you have back east. It was just awesome there with all the greenery! But one thing we don't have is humidity like you have...:D. Again, nice to meet you and hope to see you this way soon! Vic