Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage *200 Photos, EL MIRAGE, opening day......................

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mazooma1, May 15, 2011.

1. Offy 220

Offy 220

Thanks for the posting the pics and the coverage.
    This thread needs to stay on the first page. :)

2. The Honda 600 was too cool.. It got to the line just before us. It sounded killer leaving.

3. LabRat

LabRat

Great Pic's and a good vibe ... Sterling thread !

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I guess the new and very pretty Mariani liner crashed and was totaled on Sunday. Driver OK. Ran over the record but discualified for going out of bounds while crashing,

Attached Files:

Mikus Maximus likes this.
  5. fabianvaldez

fabianvaldez

Awesome weekend!!! We bumped up our own 4 year old record one mile to 196.588....knocking on the "dirty two" door!

Attached Files:

• 3400.jpg
      3400.jpg
      File size:
      34.5 KB
      Views:
  6. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

We were in line when it crashed, the coarse was shut down while they did clean up, it took a while. Any pics of the wreckage circulating?

7. Mike

Mike

Hot damn!

8. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Now I find that that is dave Dozier's old streamliner. Went 250 with a B&M blown '39 Chrysler straight eight and 300 plus with a Crate hemi. The new paint job was really pretty.

mctim64 and Mikus Maximus like this.
  9. firingorder1

firingorder1

A report on landracing says it rolled during the turnout. It appears he got to the back door at speed (chute failure?) and tried to turn out to avoid going out the back door when it rolled. Glad the driver is OK. But thats what all the safety rules are for.

10. Great shots!! Wish I could have made it, at least I was working on mine.

11. MARIANI FARMS LINER: I talked to Dennis (owner/driver) when they returned to their trailer, told us he was OK, only one chute opened and going to fast when made the turn. The glass body is history, chassis stayed together, they will repair and will be back.

12. MAZOOMA1.....VERY NICE PICTURES!
    Your pics make it look wayyyy too clean out there.
    Thanks for sharing.

13. Love to see more pictures of this, I think I have some in an older paintjob?

14. firingorder1

firingorder1

Going "out of bounds" has become critical ever since that tragic off road racing crash that killed 8 people. Apart from the are of the lakebed that the SCTA uses the lakebed is open to the public. Any accident outside the SCTA area involving an SCTA event race car(or bike) could spell the end of land speed racing at El Mirage.

Entry fees have gone up $15 because the BLM now says there has to be two Rangers at the event. Its the way things have gone.

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

What time did that happen ? I was gone by 8:15 that morning but my buddy said something happened after that.

16. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

It was mostly black and white and had MoPar written on it in big letters when Dave had it.

17. Who's plane is that in your avitar?

Looks like the Maul I rode in many years ago to the lake... also flew a Kitfox up there.

18. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

Thank you for posting the pics. Now I have a shot of my Avanti at speed at Elmo. Will put it side by side with last years photo, pre paint job. Now if I can only find a sponsor. Figured offering to let them drive would help someone decide to come on board.

19. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Some other guy who worked at UAL-SFO. I heard he later piled it up. Walked away.

20. 140 Cessna, not a Maule. ;)

21. Heebie Jeebies

Heebie Jeebies

Great shots!! Thanks for sharing. Seems that we're alway too busy, while we're at Elmo, to enjoy the cars and bikes on the lake....Your pictures let us see what we missed..

Thanks again..

Buzz