Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Moss, mold, and mice garbage... 1954 Cadillac gets a new lease on Life.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stutz, Mar 6, 2011.

1. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Looking Good Man. Keep plugging away at it.

2. I didn't take a picture of the real oil spill, because it was embarassing. It literally was almost the entire front half of the car... and a bag of floor dry.

you can kinda see it in the 2nd and 4th pictures. It spread even after the engine was out.

I guess it wasn't that big.

3. I was giving you shit. Trying out my Jerry Seinfeld voice.

4. You know it. Thanks man.

5. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Great thread. I am glad another one was saved and in the process of coming back to life .your dog does look over it but they are the best to have by yourside when doing work on anything

6. Yeah, he just has sad face from time to time, like alot of companion dogs. He's really at home in my shop though, and wouldn't be happy if he wasn't with me. Wow I sound like a little sissy. Here's a picture of my engine to change the subject.

[​IMG]

Tucked away under the stairs for later.

I plan on doing a complete tear down of the motor and showing some detial as I build it back up. hopefully that way, my mistakes will be preventative for others.

7. I always think trans spills look like crime scenes. All that's missing is the body. I'm watching this build, uh teardown and looking forward to the build. Keep at it.

8. That's what I was thinking, that isn't shit. You don't need to drain the trans fluid, just cut the D-line with a torch and leave the slip yolk in. Ha ha.

9. toddc

toddc

Don't weld it up, it will break again....

Cool car:)

10. bryan6902

bryan6902

Was just looking this over again. Your progress looks good! I 100% agree with toddc, do not repair that center link. Just asking for trouble in my opinion...

11. I forgot to add that, after closer examination (removing all the grime) the centerlink had ALREADY been welded back together. So thats kinda out of the question now. hotroddub may have found me a replacement drivers door, fender, and centerlink. Thanks Wyatt.

And thanks for everyone's input and comments. It helps me stay motivated.

12. dsr_54

dsr_54

A caddy and a nailhead in the same shop, sorry I forgot two caddys and two nailheads in the same shop.

[​IMG]

13. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Hey Stutz, If the deal with hotroddub falls though with those parts, I have a good centerlink and 4 very solid doors. I have doubles of most parts as well if you need anything else, Let me know! Keep up the good work!!!

14. Three Caddys, and Two Nailheads... the caddys are winning.

15. Thanks man, I will definitely let you know. I really appreciate it.

16. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

any news on your Mouse Trap Caddy?

17. Unfortunately no news. I had a friend wrangle up a door and fender, but I have been busy with my brothers wedding and other chaos so i haven't even had time to look them over. Once things get a little less hectic, I'll be back on the cadillac. He did get me a centerlink that will most likely be perfect. Thanks Wyatt!

18. No problem, hope they work for you....

19. HRod 50

HRod 50

I havent been on much lately as I've been training for a bike ride that's this weekend. But this is HELLA COOL..

I'm a big advocate of bringing things back to Life.. Super cool Man!

20. 56DEVILle

56DEVILle
    from Buffalo NY

Any new updates?!

21. No News, the big girl has been on the back burner for a while, until a few other projects remove themselves from the line up. Soon....

22. I love seeing old Caddys getting a new lease on life. This one looks pretty good for a car sitting outside for so long. I doubt a more modern car would last that long in the same conditions. My 56 was also parked for over 30 yrs. And I was pretty lucky that the interior was (and still is) still in good shape considering I found the skeleton of a rat under the rear seat!!!

23. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Any updates? Nice weather now!

24. robertsregal

robertsregal

nice looking project! keep us posted on progress

25. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Almost 7 months now gotta have something new:D