Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cars around my new work- Cimtex Rods.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimA, May 17, 2011.

1. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Thought I'd share a few of the cars around the shop I'm working at now. Darrell and Tim Cimbanin have been friends of mone since I started at Goodguys almost ten years ago when they were just going pro after building cars for themselves for years (Darrell's first car was a '55 Chevy street racer and Tim's first new car was a factory ordered '68 Z/28 they tore apart immediately and campaigned as a F-Stock drag racer and almost won the national title as 2 kids having fun).
    Over the last few years they have completed some very beautiful cars and personally they love traditional hot rods as much as I do. Here's a peek in the shop.

Tims' '29 Pickup that used to be Alan Johnson's shop truck- originally built by the late Dave Gale.

Tim's '33 Coupe is the next he will be working on.

'49 Coupe is a customers car.

Attached Files:

2. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

They are about 4 miles down the road from me. Have met them a couple of times, they do really nice work.

3. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

'55 Chevy truck has been going to gether for a while. They got the '56 Olds dash and panel truck quarters from me a few years ago. The dash was intalled a couple years ago- the custom bed just went together last week. Looks like a Cameo- but it's all steel.

'62 Corvette is just in for a few details.

Attached Files:

4. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

'36 Dodge has been in the owners family since new. The sheetmetal is amazingly preserved. Needs almost zero bodywork!

Darrell's rompin' small-block for his cool '29 Roadster.

Tim's '65 Chevy truck is in the final stages of assembly.

Attached Files:

5. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Nice pics, works looks very nice.

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

There's a whole lotta cool going on there! Diggin the later 50's fleetside bed on the 55 truck.

7. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

It's not a fleetside bed- it's custom made out of a pair of '57 Panel quarters and a '57 wagon tailgate- and some creative metal work.

8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

best of luck to you, Jim....us old "Early Times" groupie guys will miss you here...Doug

9. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I'll ALWAYS have Early Times in my heart! Might actually get to build a E.T. style car now- with Buick wires!

10. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

That makes a hell of a lot more sense when I look at it :) I just knew it wasn't a Cameo bed, creative might be an understated description of the metal work. Can't wait to see the progress on this one.

11. tradrod

tradrod

Good stuff Jim. I thought that might have been a Dave Gale truck (he built several in that style). Dave built the chassis for my Model A Vicky that you photographed (a caption shot:)) for the Gazette yrs ago. Looks like your friends are off to a great start!

TR

12. I guess this means you will make the Roundup next year.

13. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Yes! And the Continental Drags this weekend.

14. houston54

houston54

I thought I was onto something when I decided to put a 56 Olds dash in my 58 chevy truck project but it appears someone else had the idea also. Looks good! Maybe I will use my 55 Olds dash instead just so I do not get called a copy cat.

Enjoy your job. Looks like a fun place to work.