Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rebel Reaper update, civic pride.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, May 17, 2011.

1. I have lived in Texas. I have lived in Southern California. I have nothing bad to say about my time at either place. I really have nothing bad to say about anywhere in this great country! The fact of the matter is I love living in Cleveland Ohio! This once great city was the 5th largest in the nation. It is sad to see the might of the Great Lakes region fall. The pictures of Detroit, Youngstown, Toledo, etc turning into urban ghost towns are disturbing. Hey, we are car guys and this part of the country is where cars were born! I always thought my car needed a little something on the trunk. Kevin Moore did the original lettering on the Rebel Reaper, so I thought he should also letter the trunk. Thanks Kevin, I am from Cleveland!

[​IMG]

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome!! That looks really good and totally fits the car. I am from Buffalo where it's suffering from a similar decline but still doesn't mean they aren't great places to live.....albeit cold but nice none the less.

Viva La Cleveland!!!

3. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

That looks pretty good. Now paint your entire car Yellow !

4. dannyego

dannyego

I have lived here for 7 years now, and while I admit I hated it at first it has really grown on me and I am glad I am raising my kids here. I have met lots of great people like Don and Kevin. Looks good Don! I'm sure I'll see you at Thompson this summer.

5. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

CLEVLAND ROCKS!!!!!!!

Jeff

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Wasn't Drew Carey's TV Comedy Show based in Cleveland? It can't help but be great if it's that funny!

7. customs by jason

customs by jason

the drew carey show was based in cleveland i like that he made his own beer behind the house lol

8. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

The North Coast rules!!

9. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

10. Looks great Don. Love Ohio. Worked in Perry, Cincy and drank in Farmer, O. where the Amish kids used to sneak out to and get pissed on 3.2% beer. Thompson in 3 weeks!

11. chevy3755

chevy3755

looks good Don..........

12. Don, have always been a fan of your car. It is good to hear of such a strong bond to this country and an allegiance to your area. Originally from the strip mining coal region of Pa. I have always felt a connection to my beginnings. Actually named our dog Ashland, from the name of our hometown. The trunk looks good and a good choice, leave the rest of the car as is imo as it has established a distinct look and recognizable identity. :)

13. WMMS; home of the Buzzard!

I grew up in Geneva in the '60's-'70's. With its huge industrial base at the time, there were lots of great cars coming out Cleveland and the suburbs.

14. Amanda Suckerpunch

Amanda Suckerpunch

Don, I LOVE that car. Makes my whole year to see it wheelstand at the Jalopy drags every October :)

15. Gasser57

Gasser57

Thanks for the plug, Don. The Rebel Reaper is one of my favorites. Lots of cars I paint just sit on the garage, you reached rock star status the moment the paint dried. It's always good to see 'em get driven and you're a perfect example.

16. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

I've never been to Cleveland, but I think race cars should have names and they should call out their home base. It looks great.

17. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

A nice tribute...

18. Thanks, but not painting it yellow...

19. I have been looking at alot of old pics and that is one of the reasons I wanted to do it!

20. KutlassKim

KutlassKim

Looks good Don, now lets see a picture of it on the Rebel Reaper !

21. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it will be hard to read when you have the Reaper standing on the bumper......other than that......pretty damn cool......nice addition