Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration *******Friday Art Show 5/13/11**********

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lonewolf52, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neatname

Neatname
    from Spokane WA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest of these are from Claude Freund's celebration of life. Over 200 cars showed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Great show everyone! No place better to be (on the net) on a Friday than RIGHT HERE!

3. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Great work everyone a couple from this week then packing the Boogie Van for a roadtrip to Nashville/St.Louis/Louisville to shoot some cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

My wife and her friend wanted to get all done up pinup style and take some pics with my car. Pictures came out pretty awesome. I will post more of them when we get the full set from the photographer, but she did send me this teaser shot of me with my car and I really dig it, so I wanted to share.

[​IMG]

By the way, great show so far.

Later,
    Chad

5. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

as always...cool ass stuff!

6. The Art Show is getting overrun with photos, whatever happened to the Wednesday Photo Show?

I am a fan of photography and I do know it can be an artform, there's some nice shots posted here, but let's see more paint and sculpture!

7. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

It is what it is. Paint something and post it.

8. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

there are photos and there is photoshop. discern.

9. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

This was at the Culver City Car Show on may 7th.

10. sinks88

sinks88

11. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Very cool work ken ........

12. Well Kats... I got some more done on the klock this week, not quite finished but is getting there. Just want to add some pinstriping around the border and mount the clock works. [​IMG]

13. ewt2

ewt2

I grew up in the 70's, during the infancy of Funny Cars. One of my favorite drivers was Pat Foster. This drawing is a tribute to him. He wheeled and wrenched on the Barry Setzer Vega from 71 -73. With an Ed Pink motor and Pat setting the clutch, Cole told me "The Setzer car was the quickest and fastest had both records, and brought the et record from like a 6.60 to a year in a half later it ran 6.27"

[​IMG]
    "Pat Foster" 20x30 pencil on board

[​IMG]

Todd, Chad Keven, Chris and John you guys are rock'n!

14. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

The last Wednesday Photo Show from what I can figure out was back in 07. So you can look there or just sit back an appreciate what the current group of photographer are contributing. Slim

15. Supermoto

Supermoto
    from Colorado

Hello, Long time lurker and first time poster! I thought I'd finally show one of my sketches. I love all of the great artwork and different styles that are present here! Great work!

Attached Files:

16. onearmbandit

onearmbandit

Here are a couple of logos I did for Hong Kong Stunt Team in CA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a tank I did last week
    [​IMG]

17. Welcome Supermoto....You were worth the wait! Excellent work! Centurion9

18. Hehehe, all you photographers have your pixels in a wad :D At no point did I say I have a problem with photography. Yes I did say "over-run", which sounds antagonistic, guilty as charged. :rolleyes:

I asked a question: What ever happened to the Wednesday Photo Show? A bunch of years ago, there was enough photography in the Friday Art Show to warrant a separate showcase. Thus, the Wednesday Photo Show was born. At some point, it stopped happening. There are a lot of photographers on the HAMB these days, why isn't there a Wednesday Photo Show anymore?

Yo FB, what does that even mean? I spend a good chunk of my day working in Photoshop. Applying high pass, gaussian blur and a warming filter does not art make.

I would still like to see more paint etc. Yes Mike, I am way overdue to paint something again.

1AB, those are some amazing lines.

19. ditto!

20. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it means exactly what you said. an interesting image will always stand out, but forcing something through heavy post production leads to the addage "the sum of all the cool parts does not make up for what it lacks".

21. vintage tin

vintage tin

Very Nice!
    Hope to see you post up some of your work regularly on Fridays.

22. timebombkustoms

timebombkustoms
    from Indiana

Great show this week guy!...5 new paintings from me this week,I am doing this whole 20 paintings in 20 days thing and here are the first 5..all small 5x9,6x9 and 5x10 on mdf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is might be kool enough to post for the art show. The Kats did a special trophy for
    Carl Green for his many years of Inspiration. When Jeff Meyers (owner of Premier Paint &
    Body in Ark City, KS) heard about the trophy he wanted to be involved. We all know that
    Jeff can design, build and paint Kustoms so I'm not surprised that the trophy turned out so
    kool.

Jeff painted the base to match the dream truck and we had Dudley Baughman to do the
    lettering. Ron Myers finished the trophy by triming the art work with some pinstripes..

Thanks guys for all of the work. I think that it turned out very Kool!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To support Carl, Gene Winfield and Dave Stucky was there.

[​IMG]

Happy Trails, Mick

24. A great, great Art show this fine Friday the 13th, everyone!

onearmbandit: Charlie your work is beautiful!
    Ed Tillrock: Fantastic tribute to 70's Funnycar racing & Pat Foster!
    widewhitewalls: I have always admired your layout, font and design skills!

I don't have anything personal to contribute but, as a Chicago Brushmaster committee member, I thought I would post some of the artwork donated to our 4th Annual art auction this past March by many of our talented and charitable artists. We had a ton of cool art that allowed us to donate a ton of dough for Ronald McDonald House Charities again.

Here is some of it for your "eyecandy" pleasure...

Joel

Attached Files:

25. Da Flash

Da Flash

Hey,
    Don't be hiding your talent any more, your piece is terrific!!!!
    Da Flash

26. absolutely killer stuff!

27. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I've got nothing really for this week, been working on some off topic stuff in pencil.
    This image is from about 6-7 yrs. ago. Hopefully I can have something to show next week.
    [​IMG]
    water pump was off my old 40 Ford I had.

28. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

That's out of the park cool

29. E St Nene

E St Nene
    from Oxnard, CA

sick truck :eek::eek::eek::eek:

30. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Great show this week!
    Chad Lampert, Fortypickup, Gary C, Ed (Ewt2) Tillrock, WideWhiteWalls, dart165, Not Stock, Charlie Decker, MetalHotRodGirl (hope your foot heals soon!), hotrodpodo, BOMONSTER, Timebombkustoms, Church(Coby), LOWCAB, Coupe-De-Cab, WhateverWeber, Jigger, aceuh, dustdevil, hotrodrendering, SlimPickens........COOL STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed and NateG thanks for the compliments on the Dragster tee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.