Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest if your younger than 20 read this.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lost rodder, Aug 7, 2009.

1. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

jesus christ you need to get a life.

2. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Just noticed this thread popped back up. Well, I am now 15. Here is my current project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

That's Gay! Your not makin' any since...

:D:D:D:D Just kidding. Non living objects can not have sexual preference. And no. You're making perfect since:p

4. drpepperdude

drpepperdude
    from newark DE

I'm 17 I am building a 34 ford pickup, I am going to put a sbc in it because it already has a hurst engine swap mount set up lol, I will post some pics when I get some. funny I have pictures of everything except the truck.
    Austin

5. purdyyj

purdyyj

Hi im 17. I have a 66 ford ranchero with a 289. Puting floors in it this weekend can't wait. Im loving all the cars in this thread.

Attached Files:

6. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

people that have been here since can get banned for being an asshole just like anybody else, ask FRITZ.

by the way why are you kissing his ass?

7. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

Relax, he was clearly joking around.

8. Going to get this thread closed unless you can all be somewhat "adult" instead of children.-Weeks

9. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

Oh, the irony....

10. i can almost fit in this thread, does it count if i started before i was 20? :D

11. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Im 16, and this is my 1953 Packard Clipper, Jezebel. I got her just after I turned 15 almost two years ago. she has the original 288 L-head inline eight and three speed column shift tranny. It also has the original Borg-Warner overdrive, but it hasn't worked as long as I've had it. The 4.00 rear end and open driveline are factory also. Just recently I blew the rings while trying to see how fast I could go (I know its a not the best idea, but tell me you've never done it:D). This winter I'm gonna pull the engine out at a friend's shop, and if it don't look too bad inside I'm gonna clean it up and drop it back in. If its too far gone tho I'm gonna drop a 396 out of a '66 Biscayne in it with a TH400. Im also gonna take this as an opportunity to spruce up the engine compartment and paint the engine. I'm also gonna redo the wiring, seeing as it all factory as well. Not sure if I want to go to 12v or keep it 6v. I like all the original accessories that run on 6 so I might stick with that. The tires are brand new BFG 820-15 wide whites, except for one spare that's on it after some punk went around town on a tire slashing rampage.

Anyways, thats my baby and here are some pics. The first one is how she sat when I first got her. Other pics are where shes at now.

Attached Files:

12. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

I want to keep the 8 in there if I can, just cuz you you don't see them very often. Not the rarest of the rare, but still really neat in my book. Kooler than a sbc anyhow. Besides, how many out there can say they got 1100 pounds of raw (160...) horsepower!!!:D But even if I go the Chevy route, that engines goin in somethin eventually. Its waaaaay to kool to go waste!

13. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

Well it's about 6 years O/T but I think most of y'all will like it...

I'm 15 and my dad and I are working on this, it was an ex-Super Modified race car with a Boss 302/4 speed, now (only due to monetary restrictions) it's getting a 347 stroker/C4. Not gonna change much else though...plan to have it a fun Street/Strip car maybe running 10's in the future....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd love to have a more H.A.M.B. friendly car too, I dig Nostalgia, after the 80's, Drag Racing just hasn't been the same.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  14. Noland

Noland

Im 21, I dont know it might already be on this thread, But heres my car. Its a 1930 model A with a 390 cadillac and Saginaw 4 speed. I did all the work myself been working on it 4 years now. Hoping to get it finished up soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. baker97xj

baker97xj
    from Ohio

Hi my names Luke I'm 17 from Carrollton, Ohio and I've been working on building a 1962 Ranchero that was in horrible condition when I got it and I had to completely strip it. Its coming along fast and if all goes to plan its gonna be on the road this spring. And yes my dad showed me some stuff when I was around ten when we got it but I have done everything you see myself, I'm learning as I go. I'm doing it on the cheap, if I make everything myself its pretty cheap, I painted it dark candy apple red metallic.
    Here it is now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Some very inspirational builds in this thread! I'm 17 and trying to put together a '34 ford truck, progress is real slow. Running low on funds, parts, and support, but this ain't a sob story! :D I have a '29 bed, '36 front and rear end and the stock flatty all I need is a tranny and frame and I'll be set for awhile. Looks a little better now, but not by much[​IMG]

17. Hemizach

Hemizach

Bringing this back from the dead a little bit... soon as I get my OT truck sold I'm going to start a '27 T - modified roadster project. Chrysler 318 powered. Already purchased the engine and transmission, and the body in the picture is waiting in a buddy's garage for payment as soon as I sell the truck. My first build and definitely can't wait to get started.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

63 1/2 falcon gasser (started at 15 now 17)
    falcon motor.jpg 0322101708d.jpg
    0607101743.jpg downsized951127001723.jpg
    IMG00220_20100909_2007.jpg
    260 completely ported weiand tunnel ram completely ported pro comp gt40x aluminum heads 5 angle valve job big valves k code mustang 9inch 4.11 posi
    manual valve body c4 trans dual quads (450 holleys) caltracs bars and springs harland sharp rockerarms ect.

getting close it will be done eventually

19. D-man313

D-man313

Im 16 working on a 49 chevy 5W. Started working at 14 as a father/son project. Put it on a s10 frame with a SBC. Right know almost ready for paint. Will be my daily, hope to have it finished up soon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  20. Nice to see some more younger guys in here,

im Luke, just turned 19 and my grandma gave me my 53 ford victoria that was her first car. Mostly orginial...except for the engine.

Iv also got a 48 ford pick up that i am turning into a gasser and my dad just gave me his 68 numbers matching corvette convertible!

Like i said, nice to see more 'young guns' gettin into this kinda thing,
    here is a picture of my 53.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. I'm 65 years young. It's good to see that this hobby/sport will be around for a long ,long time.
    Lite up those tubes.

22. Hemizach

Hemizach

Lookin' good man! I wish someone would give me a ride to work on...

23. Flashback58

Flashback58
    from Tucson Az.

Well I guess its been a couple years, I'll add a bit to my roster... I'm now 19 and building more cars than I can keep track of.

I still have my '61 bug and the diggers are coming along slowly but surely...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now however I am making my living doing free-lance hotrod work under the the name of Barndoor Hotrods & Kustoms and working with photography (inspired by my honorary uncle, Bob McClurg). Barndoor Hotrods & Kustoms and Knotty Designs

I am also currently working on 2 more of my own cars... A 1927 Canadian built Ford Model AR tudor sedan and a 1928 Canadian built Ford Model A Briggs Leatherback fordor sedan.

The tudor currently has 5" out of the top and is becoming an AV8 early 50's high school terror.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys and gals out there like the progressive hotrodding.

And huge props to any and all of the younger hot-rodders for keeping the traditional rods coming out in groves and not those R@-Rod things that keep getting built around here...

Brant.

24. Hemizach

Hemizach

Man oh man I would kill to have the opportunity to drive your cars, flashback. Never drag raced, because I've never had a ride to do it with... awesome stuff.

25. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I'm 14. I have a 1980 Ford....nothing to brag about. I only bought it as an investment to resell later (this summer probably) I'd love to find an old car that's more of my price range (32' roadster made with model a body or a 56-58 Ford 2 dr. hardtop.) I'm trying my best to earn money, but I'm finally realizing....even if I can buy an old car to drive by I'm 16, It would probably be junky because I can't afford a nice, fixed up one. Then I'd have to buy parts for it too, and with my scheduale the way it is now...I probably couldn't find that much time to work on it. Ya'll can cuss me out or whatever, but when I start driving, I'm probably gonna have to resort to a newer car:( I just don't and probably won't have the money not only to buy, fix and maintain a classic while I'm this young.

-Cody

26. Hemizach

Hemizach

Keep your head up Cody. You never know what can happen. You're still really young, but a lot of the young guns on here arent much older than you... you have time... and even if it takes you a year or two to find a project then so be it. After you get a project, it's not goin anyway. Work on ti little by little when the time and money is available. There might be guys locally that are willing to give you a hand. Get to car shows, make some friends, and you never know what will happen.

27. austinkid

austinkid

im 15 and building an austin pickup

Attached Files:

28. MorMetal

MorMetal

Some really great projects going on by these younger guys. Those that are focused on building a tradtional Hot Rod have got your shit together. And I don't give a fuck how old you are. It's all good!

29. YoungGunn

YoungGunn
    from Camas, WA

Hey guys, 19 years old and going to school getting a restoration technology BA degree. Heres my two projects right now. 1927 Coupe with a 6 inch chop and a custom frame that I made last year. And my 55 F100.

30. oldblue1968chevy

oldblue1968chevy

19, drove my 68 chevy c10 thru highschool, going in the air force but it'll wait on me