Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Sorry, Dennis, for my poor choice of words. I was meaning more along the lines of "upgraded" like so many of them through the years. You got the original slicks with it? Did it sit idle long before you acquired it? Any more before pics?

Kevin.

2. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Actually, I acquired the rear slicks and wheels used in 1964 long before I bought the car. Back in the 70's I bought a new 1966 427 engine with Aluminum Medium Riser heads. The person I bought the engine from gave me a name and number of someone that had some T-Bolt parts. His father worked in the parts dept at Bob Ford and acquired the slicks/rims, some dumbbell lifters, pushrods, and a ultra lightweight fiberglass T-Bolt front fender back in 1964. He gave me the stuff since it was just in the way and his kids kept running into it with their bikes and getting hurt. When I was putting the Bob Ford car back together, I needed some rear slicks and wheels and put them back on the car they originally came from.

The person I bought the car from broke a valve in 1972 at Detroit Dragway and the car was parked in a garage until 1981, when a new Cadillac he bought took it's place and the T-Bolt was parked outside alongside the garage on patio stones and covered with a canvas tarp. The previous photo was taken after we pushed the car forward a bit to get it out of his back yard.

Here is the block that I got with the car, note the part number C4AE-6015-A and date code 3J30 or 30 Sept 63, which are correct for this car.
    I probably have more before photos, but have never scanned them.
    <O:p</O:p

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

3. Fairlane427

Fairlane427

How COOL is this photo!!!

4. Deuces

Deuces

Wish I was around when that car was parked along Michigan Ave. back in the day... That dealership is now under the name of Fairlane Ford.. Just a few blocks east is where those cars were modified by Dearborn Steel Tubing which is still in business today... I'm about 2 blocks north from the dealership..

5. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

That's awesome. Thanks.

6. Race Artist

Race Artist

Fictional T-Bolt ... Not a photo but a black and white line art piece that I did twenty years ago. A friend from PA was going to build one a few years ago, and even had a cherry '64 wagon ... but I don't know if the project ever got off the ground.
    Joel

Attached Files:

7. 65COMET

65COMET

There was a red four door wagon at the 2009 Fairlane meet,made to represent a T-Bolt.There was also a white wagon converted to a two door as a T-Bolt tribute at a few Eastern shows. ROY.

8. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Anybody have any pictures they can post? I would love to see some pictures of some wagons.
    I have thought about getting a Galaxie wagon with an open air trailer to pull my clone when I'm done. I have a friend tha has a junk yard down the rode that has a 63. I think that would be neat! I thought I saw a picture sometime ago where one of the old racers did this, that's where I got the idea.

9. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

This is the way it was done back in '64. Towed with a Galaxie.

[​IMG]

Or towed with a Fairlane.

[​IMG]

10. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Thanks for the pictures! This is cool! This has run through my mind since I can get a galaxie if I wanted. I think it would be pretty cool to oull up to a car show like this! :)

11. Scott_A_R

Scott_A_R
    from Frisco, TX

Thanks so much for that photo, I'll be putting a printout of it on my garage wall for inspiration!

12. danobx64

danobx64

13. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Nice detail on the Howard wheels on the frt. I've attempted to ink a few Thunderbolts but the grille is very hard to do. That's a neat pic.

14. chevyshubox

chevyshubox
    from Australia

There used to be one of these here on the Northern Beaches of Sydney I am positive it is the real thing. I mainly used to see it at a show we have called the All American Day. The only problem is I havnt seen it for about 15 to 20 years. By memory it did have a roll bar and i`m sure the lightweight panels where all there as well I know it definately had the scoop.
    I will try my hardest to track it down. I do know someone who I mentioned it to once and he seamed to know a bit about it so I will get onto him and try and find out some more about it.

15. Race Artist

Race Artist

Thanks ... that was done with a brush and acrylic paint on watercolor paper. Send me a private email and I'll send you a higher resolution scan of the grille.
    Joel
    www.JFNStudios.net
    [email protected]

16. Race Artist

Race Artist

17. Muttley

Muttley

18. Muttley

Muttley

19. Muttley

Muttley

20. Muttley

Muttley

21. Dennis D

Dennis D

Guy I know said he owned serial #13 when it was new. Raced it in the south. Was painted blue with a gold top at that time. Wonder if it still exists. Info? Dennis D

22. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

23. Scootro

Scootro

^^^that ebay guy is getting bashed pretty hard about his listing

24. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

For that kind of money, I could stand to be bashed too.

25. Scootro

Scootro

haha yea that's true! if you read the q 'n a the owner made a few mistakes with his reply answers

26. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Dennis K, any input/history you'd like to share on this one? The rear cross member doesn't look right to me. It seems too clean, like it was cut with a laser. I could be wrong, I also know they were different on different runs of cars.

Kevin

27. jestang

jestang

Does anyone know what # car this was and where it is today? It is really cool to keep up with these old cars. Is there a list somewhere of who the cars were originally sold to back in the day? Thanks!

28. dlshady

dlshady

According to 64Cyclone, that car is the Dick Coffey Ford car out of Decatur, AL. If I'm not mistaken, pieces of this car and the Woody Anderson Ford car (Whuppett, Huntsville, AL) were combined to make one car which was restored and now resides in a private collection somewhere up the east coast. Dennis or someone else might be able to shed a little more light on that for you, or correct me if I'm wrong (which is completely possible ;))

64Cyclone has at least one good photo that he posted a while back of this car as it was originally raced.

Deron

29. jestang

jestang

I don't believe that car is the country boy car .... is it?

30. bubba22349

bubba22349