Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Rare Wheels - show us what you've got!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemisteve, Feb 15, 2008.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Rare wheels probably nobody cares about... Unless you own a four lug Falcon!

Attached Files:

2. monsterflake

monsterflake

i'm using ET lug nuts without issue...

[​IMG]

3. Super Tricks are so cool!!!! They really look great..and they so fit your car.

4. Yep! OT or not, Mavericks still make a fine looking racer! :cool:

5. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Early Chevy

Attached Files:

6. nemlio65

nemlio65
    from northeast

In 1968 American called them Torq Thrust R and the R stands for race...One of my favorite wheels

Attached Files:

7. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

Thanks guys, I know they've been posted on here before but I really wish I could find a set of Motor Wheel Flys for a good price, I really dig those...

[​IMG]

8. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

1960's Halibrand Bonneville Specials. 15's in front and 18's in rear. The rears are 1/4" thick and really heavy. Certified to 300 mph.
    [​IMG]

9. same here! although I don't know if there all that rare, four lug slots, but there impossible to find tires for, they are 13x8 and made by western wheel...any info on these guys?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

My old Cragar S/S's. Nowhere as rare as others in this thread. They date to early 80's and cleaned up well with some elbow grease. Nice and solid for their age with good chrome.

Attached Files:

11. Deuces

Deuces

I have a set Torq-Thrust wonnabe's on my o/t car and I was thinkin' about spraying the wheel centers Dupli-Color gloss black metallic with clear gloss on top... It's time for me to rotate the tires from front to back anyway.... I figured this would probably be a good time to paint them...

12. chevyshubox

chevyshubox
    from Australia

I`m not sure what these are called but they are rare down here. Not American Racers and not sure what they are. 15x10 and 15x7. I have them on my 56 Sedan Delivery.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. nemlio65

nemlio65
    from northeast

14 7 T70 mopar

Attached Files:

14. 34-36 Auburn wire wheels...made by Motor Wheel company (stamped)...heavy wall rim with thick spokes..16" - 5 x 5.5 bolt.. I ended up having 2 of these and bought the other 2 from jrblack30...these are hard to find..a real HEAVY RIM...they look like Kelsey Hayes rims..but the wires are layed out different. One thing...the backing mount stamp area is somewhat different...the spoke layout is the same...Been thinking about what to paint them with and what color..

Attached Files:

• 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      286.8 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      203.7 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      239.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  15. Ramblux

Ramblux

I don't know how rare these might be, but these are the Keystone Kustomags that are going on my '60 Monterey.

Attached Files:

16. brandon

brandon

a set of satin finished bogart dragon flys would work in a pinch...:)

17. POPSTAGE2

POPSTAGE2
    from Wisconsin

Comon in the day but somewhat rare now. A lot of drag car restorers are looking for them...including me

18. Squablow

Squablow

Kustomags are great. I'd like to see pics of them on the car, I like '60 Mercurys. Any idea what kind of tire you're going to run?

I had to settle for Cragar Street/Pro wheels for my '62 Chrysler. They're a later Keystone ripoff. Cragar still uses the name today, but for a totally different wheel.

[​IMG]

19. Ramblux

Ramblux

Whoa, those wheels are awesome! Not sure on the tires yet, but I have to figure something out in the next couple of weeks.

20. Woody Blanchard

Woody Blanchard

While these Cragar Super Tricks may not be all that rare, their condition is. I bought these from the original buyer in '75, been on one car all their life...nice wheels, now if only I could find a pair of matching 15x10s, I'd be set![​IMG]

21. VeeMax1998

VeeMax1998
    from Alabama

Need help identifying what appear to be American spindle mount five spoke magnesium wheels. There are no numbers and/or letters stamped on the wheel. There are the following that appear to be stencilled. GOOD YEAR is on the center inside part of wheel but YEAR is upside down. There is a "W" on the side inside and "SS" inside. There are other numbers, maybe 7 or 8 charactors in a row but are too dull to read. These are 15" X 4" Trying to verify they are in fact American.

22. Muttley

Muttley

Post a picture or two.

23. thegreenspanator

thegreenspanator
    from ChesCo, PA

Looking for help IDing these bad boys.... 13x8 I believe, 4x100 magnesium. Bolt holes are particularly small. Open-wheeled cars have been mentioned, also Fiat/Alfa or Ford Cortina/Capri- any thoughts? One pic shows the hub, both rears still have them attached. Have old Firestone Super Sport Indy slicks on them.

Attached Files:

24. VeeMax1998

VeeMax1998
    from Alabama

I think the Good Year must have transferred from the intertube. They look just like pics of other five spoke Americans. I'll post some pics when i figure out how to do it.

25. Squablow

Squablow

Found a set of real Kustomags at this year's Spring Jefferson swap meet, and I spent some time to polish the little scalloped edges out instead of having them painted. I really like it this way, and they should look just right once the lug nut webbing area gets repainted along with the background on the center caps. Then I'm going to mount up the sweetest matching set of tires I've come across so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. VeeMax1998

VeeMax1998
    from Alabama

27. VeeMax1998

VeeMax1998
    from Alabama

[​IMG]

Finally got pic to post. I'm 99 percent sure this is an American 15" X 4" magnesium wheel.

28. Yes it is.

Steve

29. 50Fraud

50Fraud

They look to me like the wheels that Red LeGrand made for a short-lived Formula 4 he promoted, and also for H-Modified sports racers. Red built cars called LeGrands for both classes, both powered by BMW 700 air-cooled twins.

30. thegreenspanator

thegreenspanator
    from ChesCo, PA

Hey thanks for the quick response! They look really close, have the same flat spokes, but I don't think they are quite the same based on the way the spokes meet the barrels...?

Attached Files: