Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2nd Annual Texas Nostalgia Nationals May 14, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty, Jan 16, 2011.

1. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Yep, make a pass or two, have some refreshments and talk shit! Not sure you fit in! lol

2. Way cool, maybe I will get a chance to get some video on that 60. Didn't get a chance at the Thaw. Congrats to Herb.
    Doc may be having a party at his house Fri night so I wouldn't bother him too much. You know how those famous drivers are. Post trophy celebration you know.:cool:
    He would be fun Friday night though. Crowd pleasin kinda guy.:D

3. Rusty

Rusty

Great news guys, Friday night for guys rolling in and wanting to camp out we will open the gates at 5 pm for some test and tune for those wishing to make a few passes. We will plan on shuttin the gates around 10pm. Once your in and we shut down and lock There will absolutely be know coming or going once we shut down, She is kind enough to let us do this on Friday night and we cant take advantage of that.

Really looking forward to seeing all you guys blasting down the track. Were gonna have a great time.

Rusty

5. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Yea, them CSGA boys are pretty rilled up we used my secret weapon on them....Some of them may show up...REVENGE....If not we will have a blast. GHG Rules....Wish we could have had some help.....LOADING CSGA RACECARS......is a lot of work!!!! :D..... See you guys at the BELLY!!

Yea

6. Doc, I'm in the same boat, untested package.Back in the day I could make a pass down the street, progress and a substation about a mile away stopped all that. I pull out of my drive and they are here.:confused: 1 shake down and one half fast pass should work for me and then its on to the important stuff like refreshments and bullshit.:D:D

7. Rusty

Rusty

the week has come!!!!!

8. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

9. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Tick tock! Can't wait to head that way Friday. If any of you are cruising this thread and wondering if this is an event to attend, you need to get off your ass and go. Last year was a blast and you won't want to miss this year.

DuckusCrapus

10. QuadQuad

QuadQuad

For the first time ever, got the car prepped a week early, took it out and drove it and leakin tranny fluid very badly from the front...Trans out friday, back in Sat with new front shaft seal...STILL LEAKS!!!! Turns out the Converter is split and leaking out the front!!! :eek: Dang torquey motors...
    Trans back out last night, gettin it fixed today thanks to Phoenix Trans out in Weatherford, back into the Cutty this week :D
    So much for getting ahead, it's THRASH TIME now!

Rusty, you get my $$$ for everything???

C y'all there!

11. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

I registered online with PayPal and for the life of me can't remember if I'm supposed to bring some paperwork or something to get in the front gate...

12. Rusty

Rusty

lookin good!

13. Rusty; Will oil dump drums be at the track?

14. Dirty2

Dirty2

Friday night , test n tune !

15. Dchaz

Dchaz

Is test n tune Friday included with the entry fee for Saturday?
    Maybe it's because I'm looking for it on my phone but what's the entry fee? I can't find it.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  16. Thats what I said:D

17. Rusty

Rusty

Just like the THAW, Fridays festivities are in it sellf. 10 bucks to get in, 10 bucks to run.

Saturday is 10 bucks to get in, and 10 bucks to race,

18. Rusty

Rusty

Your on the paperwork that will be at the gate and signups. Just tell Miss Patt when you pull in and she will check you off, same thing when you come to the sign up booth to get tshirt etc.

19. Rusty

Rusty

Not sure about that, my guess would be no

20. Rusty

Rusty

Yes Sir got the funds, your all in, stop by the tshirts babes booth to get your grocery cart full of TNN goodies, lol

21. Dchaz

Dchaz

Thanks Rusty
    Must have some great sponsors to keep the cost down like that.

22. pcterm2

pcterm2

can't wait for it

23. bigken

bigken

Track get's rinsed today, as opposed to Friday night.........most excellent.....

24. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Yeah and the forcast for Saturday went from 82 down to 72.
    Might better pack a jacket.

25. QuadQuad

QuadQuad

Converter was split open, welded and fixed all in the same day thanks to Phoenix Trans... NO MORE LEAKY LEAKY!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good times!
    Forgot to mention one of the front 15X4 slots is cracked and won't hold air!!!!!!!!!! Guess I'll run the street meat on the front...Always something!:rolleyes:
    This weekend is lookin GREAT!!!!!!:D

26. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

i fooled ya i didnt take mine off the trailer. hehe have fun guys

27. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Let me know if you get tired of tripping over that old opel!

28. QQ glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, the more the beterrrer.:D See ya Sat.

29. havent bought the 57 Chevy drag truck with all the stickers including the old Yellow Belly one....the brother of the previous owner said he ran it there - he wants alot for it - not running....maybe later....will be there with something....

30. Rusty

Rusty

So close I can smell Docs smokin hides!!!!!!!!! the weather is gonna be great for some drag racing, I can deal with high 70's anyday.